Sign in to follow this  
i90807065

Modding aircraft turns

Hey just wondering, how does one go about changing a planes turning ability? I have an F-19 that cant turn (in my opinon) I have modded it so it doesnt fly like the MiG29 OVT on hard if you know what I mean, but it takes a long time to turn even on easy. However it rolls something amazing. It is just it's pitching ability. Also, how do you make airbrakes stronger?

I don't know the deffinite answer but look in the data ini file and learn about all the coefiicients that someone just recently posted a guide to, I found it quite usefull but can't say it drastically improved the turning ability (bearing in mind I wan't to keep figures in a realistic ball park), the airbrake should be easy, again in the data ini and the required entry is fairly self explanatory.

sorry forgot to mention which coefficient I edited to help turning, if memory serves correct the entrys for stalling angle of attack and departure angle of attack, that should effectively allow you to pull harder without stalling every five seconds.

sorry forgot to mention which coefficient I edited to help turning, if memory serves correct the entrys for stalling angle of attack and departure angle of attack, that should effectively allow you to pull harder without stalling every five seconds.

Thx man Ill try right now and get back to you...

The F-19 isn't supposed to be a kickass dogfighter, as it really is the F-117 as it was imagined in the 1980's before the real bird was revealed to the public. The flight behavior is quite realistic for a Draken-style double delta like the F-19.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why you can barely do any upward thrust vectoring? I added lines and everything and still doesnt work right...its bizarre...Also sorry for bringing up this old topic

All we know for sure is that upward TVC doesn't work at the moment. I think it is somehow tied to the jumpjet TVC coding as it seems to be limited to the same degree (thrust down for hover, back for forward flight, both of which are used in the OVT's TVC)

Hey just wondering, how does one go about changing a planes turning ability? I have an F-19 that cant turn (in my opinon) I have modded it so it doesnt fly like the MiG29 OVT on hard if you know what I mean, but it takes a long time to turn even on easy. However it rolls something amazing. It is just it's pitching ability. Also, how do you make airbrakes stronger?
In the Data.ini file you have to change the look under the Flight Control section you will see climb speed and corner speed. Climb speed is the speed rate in meter a second that determents on what your climb rate will be.Nest your corner speed this is your maxium turn rate at speed like the f-16C it's max trun rate is at 375 mph which convetered into Meters a second which will be at 180.1 m/s next you have to change the left in the wings section you also have to change the alpha lift in the wings section as well this is my F-16C data it Rolls at 360a sec has a max turn rate of 150 ft a sec which will whip the back end of the f-16 around creating fish tailing which f-16 pilots do in real life to bleed off excess speed when turning into land. :pilot: Edited by mach_driver