Sign in to follow this  
gambit168

scale speed

Hey guys

I just firedup a fresh install of Fe as a backup

and flew in it for a few minutes , and it felt like i was going backwards , & then i remembered

After watching peper & bluemax flying with the horse at the opening credits , and through the bridge, & flyboys down on the deck, blar blar

That I had changed my settings, and im so used to it now that i cant fly the stock version anymore!!!

it feels like the brakes are on, so i thought id share my changes with any1 that might like 2 try it for themselves

so If anyone wants to give this a try, please do

I think you will love it , the 1918 set is great closing speeds ect , & they really look the part when they dive in for a BnZ

they pick up energy like a stone

Im not sure if this topic has been covered in the threads be4 , but i never came across any

ok so this is how i speeded up my game

in the FLIGHT folder there is an .ini file called FLIGHTENGINE

***** BackUp yer original FIRST********************

and the first lines look like this :

[Debug]

SkipFlight=FALSE

[FlightEngine]

HUDDLL=HUD.dll

HUDDataFilename=HUDData.ini

CommDLL=wwiComm.dll

CommDataFilename=CommData.ini

ObjectList=ObjectList.ini

SoundList=SoundList.ini

ViewList=ViewList.ini

ParticleSystem=ParticleSystem.ini

EnvironmentSystem=EnvironmentSystem.ini

MessageSystem=MessageSystem.ini

SpeechSystem=SpeechSystem.ini

ForceFeedback=FlightEffect.ifr

ForceFeedbackControl=PITCH_CONTROL

DeltaT=0.016667

MaxDeltaT=0.200

RefreshTime=0.016667

ChangeTimeAmount=50

MaxTimeCompression=5.0

StartTimeCompression=1.2 <<<<<< (go with 1.1 first , is great for 1916 , but 1.3 is great for 1918) I fly 1.3,

I think .3 is max, and .1 is not enough.

StartPaused=TRUE <<<<<<< ( usefull for modders and mission makers , lets u start the mission in paused mode)

so you can check out where u placed things/skins, without waiting for the flight to start 2 hit backspace, everytime

ShowCockpit=TRUE

TextFilename=FlightText.str

EjectView=EjectView

when you start a new mission it will say time compression x1

then u now its working

it wont mes up yer FM's or anything , it just injects a little more pep into the whole thing

Let me know how you get on with it

hope some1 finds it usefull

cheers guys

gambit168

hi gambit,

Thanks firstly for all the new skins you are doing, they are very good. Must be heaps of work....appreciate it all very much. Thank you.

With StartTimeCompression, good find!! The wwi planes were very nimble, without a doubt, and the action would have been fast and furious. This is a good way of doing it, as you can't really do it to the extent I think it should be in the FMs - the AI won't handle it. So this is a great lateral solution. I've set mine at 1.1 but maybe will increase too.

Tried StartPaused=TRUE, and is useful, BUT if I fly the se5a it crashes the program. It least for my game. All others are fine. Pity but oh well, don't fly Se5a that much.

Thanks for posting these finds...there is just so much you can do with the game, we're all just still discovering some of this.

Edited by peter01

Hey peter

Thx for reply, I forgot 1 thing about the speedup , and thats , that sometimes u get micro glitches , so this is mostly y I have the pause to default , because

I start the mission then in pause & then hit ALT T and run through the compressions, untill its back to normal

It wont say ( compession 1x) anymore, as you have set default to 1.1, this is normal and there are no MICRO clitches any more

also the fields are smaller in verdun than flaunders tile sets, so the sense of speed is greater in the default terrain than the addon , you notice this is the map more than anywhere else

Glad you like what it does M8 , try .3 with the upcoming DxII's V camels , its mental will put a smile on yer face :yes:

:ok: Great tip, makes the action ever so much better. No problem with the D7F, Dolphin, or F2B so far. My game would not start with Pause start, even with several hits of the Backspace key. Other than that, its great. Using 1.3 with late war planes.

Now if you could only get the AI to maintain speed in the latter stages of either Instant action (sequential furball) or Berthold' mission (highly modified).

PS: Seems to work in Coop play also. Not sure if that is a good thing. Having enough trouble with Firecage and Lothar the way it was.

I love this game. Where else do you get this kind of customization. RB3D was good, but this is so much better. Thanks TK and all of you who make this game great. The Pfalz 12 can be made to fly as well as the D7F.

Edited by J18Dread

J18

Thx for Reply , glad you like it

strange you cant get the pause to work for you, did you try mapping pause to another keyboard command

or a joystick button maybe

cheers

gambit168

:clapping:

Just finished a great Instant Action. What with your Accelerator and Tailspin's armor, I ran out of a double load of ammunition (after downing two F2Bs and 2-3 Dolphins) and had to fight (dodge bullets) all the way back to base against another 3 dolphins. Best Instant Action yet - so lucky that I will probably never be able to do it again. Damn, I really like this game. I want to thank you and all who are making this a truly great game that will only get better.

Gambit168;

Still unable to start from 'Pause', so I was wondering: is there a way to get rid of the on-screen notice of "Time Compress = 1x"? Not a big deal, but if it can be done easily, I would like to do it. Searched for the text string, but what I found was not it. Thanks, still a great tweak.

Edited by J18Dread

Hey Ya J8Dread

option 1

quick way is to set the max time compression to 0

in FLightEngine again

[Debug]

SkipFlight=FALSE

[FlightEngine]

HUDDLL=HUD.dll

HUDDataFilename=HUDData.ini

CommDLL=wwiComm.dll

CommDataFilename=CommData.ini

ObjectList=ObjectList.ini

SoundList=SoundList.ini

ViewList=ViewList.ini

ParticleSystem=ParticleSystem.ini

EnvironmentSystem=EnvironmentSystem.ini

MessageSystem=MessageSystem.ini

SpeechSystem=SpeechSystem.ini

ForceFeedback=FlightEffect.ifr

ForceFeedbackControl=PITCH_CONTROL

DeltaT=0.016667

MaxDeltaT=0.200

RefreshTime=0.016667

ChangeTimeAmount=50

MaxTimeCompression=5.0 <<< from 5.0 , to 0 , then hit alt & t once and no text

option 2

I have all my text set to FOntsize =1

so its there but a cant read it

thats in the HUData.ini

[Debug]

DisplayDebug=FALSE

TextFontName=Arial

TextSize=1 <<< this will make yer text up top be so small it wont bother u

cheers

gambit168

Gambit168

Nothing happened with AltT. Checked Options, Control, keyboard and closest was AltR which reset acceleration to normal, or so it seemed. Did get rid of time compress notice though. Will try opt2.

Option2 reset all HUD data. Really like those little info boxes in the corners. Guess I will just have to live with it. Thanks anyway.

Edited by J18Dread

normal is 1.3

if it got rid of the compression notice then its working

Alt R only resets a compression to default , and yours is defaulted at 1.3, so your normal is @ 1.3

BTW the reason Alt T did not work was because I was testing in multiplayer. It works as advertised in single player. Apparently acceleration is not possible in multiplay - which is a good thing. I am thinking that no speed hacks are possible in multiplay. I am liking this approach more and more, even with its setup hassles.