Sign in to follow this  
Zurawski

MV-22 Osprey "In-Game" shots...

Got her in and flying reasonably well (What without any fly-by-wire and all...)

Must confess it's fun as hell mastering the art of flying this bird. Taking-off is a piece of cake... Hover is like balancing on the head of a needle... Landing is a test of patience and dexterity... yet fun as hell. Can't wait the share the final product!

That said... enjoy the pics!

Powering-up for VTOL take-off...

mv22_02.jpg

Holding zero-speed hover...

mv22_03.jpg

Pitching forward to gain some airflow over the wings and rotating the nacelles...

mv22_04.jpg

Full transition into airplane mode and climbing to cruise alt...

mv22_05.jpg

Heading for waypoint two...

mv22_09.jpg

What he said!

First thing I'm going to o with that is try to mow the lawn... :spiteful::pilot: What's the ground clearance for the blades Z? About 7 feet?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

As a community we need to push 3rd wire for some patches to increase realism and add extra functions to this game/sim, the community add ons are becoming so exotic that they need some justice. (well just the way I feel anyway).

First thing I'm going to o with that is try to mow the lawn... :spiteful::pilot: What's the ground clearance for the blades Z? About 7 feet?

"Eight feet"...

It doesn't mow so much as mulch. :rofl:

Edited by Zurawski

VTOL and STOL require a bit of finess... Because we can't model a swashplate you have to control your attitude roll and yaw to manage hover manuvers. It works realtively well except when you loose the reigns and an input gets out of hand. Then your fighting a bucking bronco that wants to go anywhere but where you want to go. :bad:

With practice you can do some cool stuff though... I've held zero-speed hovers....parked it on ships....etc. Long story short... it doesn't shoot anything but I can't stop playing with it! (The Osprey that is...)

Guest Saganuay82

Maybe Kreelin - "The Master of Hover FM" will have a boo at it when it comes out.

Great job on the plane. Shape looks great.

Awesome!!!!!!

will have a way to open the cargo bay and trop some troopers?

Awesome!!!!!!

will have a way to open the cargo bay and trop some troopers?

Yup... Cargo bay doors do open. Haven't decided on what all I'll offer as loadouts, but you can be sure troop drops will be in it...

Zur....it's a beauty man!

<thump>

That's the sound of me falling out of my chair!

Freakin AWESOME bro!!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys...

I won't let you down.

:D

is there gonna be a "What If....." Gunship version on the horizon at any point? :biggrin: :yes:

Speaking of which, is there gonna be a USAF model since there wouldn't be much to be added exteriorly?

Leaving the Marine core version out would be a sin! Looking Good (good!!!!) Looking awesome! :clapping:

is there gonna be a "What If....." Gunship version on the horizon at any point? :biggrin: :yes:

"Yes"... I've got a serious "what if" version in the planning stages. :biggrin:

Speaking of which, is there gonna be a USAF model since there wouldn't be much to be added exteriorly?

I should be able to spin all the various versions out... There's only small differences between them...