Sign in to follow this  
FOTF

Attn Model builders

Hey all,

I just got back from my local hobby shop. I just picked up a new Hobbycraft Skyhawk and needed to find some new markings as the kit decals never seem to thrill me much. The guy behind the counter first showed me the standard CAM, Aeromaster, etc. Then I asked to see the Superscale decals. He reached for the books and said "Oh...regarding Superscale. Our distributors just told us this weekend that Superscale is going out of business. So if you see something in that book, now would be a good time."

So, grab all those superscale decals you can before all the Ebay whores get ahold of them and start jacking up the price

Holy crap! No kidding? I haven't been reading the FSM or Hyperscale forums recently, but I guess I'll check there to confirm. I've been buying Superscale since back when they were called Microscale.

Awww man, you're kidding!!! They made some of the best stuff...

I guess it was inevitable though...as inkjet tech has advanced, plus the internet, it's become easier and easier to make your own...

FastCargo

Yeah....sucks. They are the second aftermarket decal company I use to go down....VF Decals used to make some of the best Tomcat decals and they just recently closed their doors. Nobody comes close to the detail and accuracy of superscale. I picked up some Aeromaster decals for a F/A-18F I am building. I ordered decals for the VFA-102 Diamondbacks and they listed it as CAG, so it should have been in color. When they arrived, I got decals for a nice lo viz line bird with modex 100. They automatically assume that if it has double nuts it has to be the CAG....so now I am sunk and have to find another set of decals cause I wanted to match my Diamondback CAG on the F-14.

I just ordered VFC-111's F-5N (Sundowners) from TwoBobs. At least they're still up & running. I'm doing an F-20 in a "what-if" aggressor scheme, I'll up some pics soon -it looks SWEET! I think the Bobs sheet is much better tan the Superscale one in this case. But yeah, it sucks if SS is going away...