Ok, I have been making a campaign in WOV and I seem to get a squadron that I dont want to be flyable (twice). The squadron that I want is AirUnit047. Instead I get AirUnit001. It gets the same aircraft as 001 (because it is 001 it seems), the same mission types, same airfield and well, no ammunition (which is really odd).

What I want to do is have AirUnit047 as a CAS only unit which uses A-10 aircraft and it is supposed to come from D9 or D10. But I get a clone of 001.

I have the file uploaded (I hope) so that you fellas can hopefully tell me that I am making a silly mistake in "X" line.

Thanks in advance.

Campaign1V2.rar

Tankhunter,

I looked at the campaign.ini and couldn't see anything off the bat that should pose a problem. I checked your air unit tags etc. and they seem to be in order.

There appears to be a syntax error somewhere but without seeing what folders you're trying to reference with airunit047 in objects/aircraft, I can't really make any suggestions except to double check the folder names. It seems to me that it's defaulting to 001 because it may not understand the refererences in 047. Or perhaps, there's something in 047 that is pointing to 001. :dntknw:

Good luck. :ok:

I've always had a problem adding a flyable squadron that I've added to the bottom of the unit list. When I replace an existing or add it right after the last unit of the country I'm flying for, I'm fine. For example, if you wanted to add a new USA squad:

Unit01

USA

Unit02

USA

Unit03 <------ADD new USA squadron here

USA

Unit04

SOVIET

UNIT05

SOVIET

UNIT06

SOVIET

<-------NOT here

Of course, you'll have to renumber every single squad that comes after, but I can't get it to work otherwise.

However, I haven't messed with campaigns in a long time, so I'm might be wrong. But IIRC, this was the workaround for that issue. Also, check your numbering in the campaign.ini file. If you screw up the sequence, anything below where you screwed up won't be flyable.

I've always had a problem adding a flyable squadron that I've added to the bottom of the unit list.

Me too. I should have suggested that as well.

IIRC, there is a limit to the numbers of flyable squadrons from the [campaign]_data.ini which are called from the [campaign].ini file. So when I build a campaign, I always list my flyable squadrons at the start of the _data.ini, with the non-flyable squadrons listed after. It sounds like your flyable squadron call has exceeded that limit, so it is calling the 1st squadron listed in the [campaign]_data.ini.

tn_prvteye is right, that generally means a lot of tedious work renumbering squadrons.

It is easier to demonstrate what this means than to describe it. Take a look a the relationship between the [campaign].ini (which calls the flyable squadrons) and [campaign]_data.ini (which lists all squadrons, flyable and non-flyable) files in my campaigns here at combatace, to get the idea.

(Burning Sands '44 id the quicker d/l)

Also, the [campaign].ini calls start over at 1 when you change nation, just to be extra confusing. That's why I list my flyables in matching order in the [campaign].ini and [campaign]_data.ini files. Otherwise it's too easy to get totally lost :blink:

It doesn't help that the stock campaigns are generally not ordered in such a tidy manner - but then maybe I'm just over-compulsive :wink:

cheers,

baltika

IIRC, there is a limit to the numbers of flyable squadrons from the [campaign]_data.ini which are called from the [campaign].ini file. So when I build a campaign, I always list my flyable squadrons at the start of the _data.ini, with the non-flyable squadrons listed after. It sounds like your flyable squadron call has exceeded that limit, so it is calling the 1st squadron listed in the [campaign]_data.ini.

tn_prvteye is right, that generally means a lot of tedious work renumbering squadrons.

It is easier to demonstrate what this means than to describe it. Take a look a the relationship between the [campaign].ini (which calls the flyable squadrons) and [campaign]_data.ini (which lists all squadrons, flyable and non-flyable) files in my campaigns here at combatace, to get the idea.

(Burning Sands '44 id the quicker d/l)

Also, the [campaign].ini calls start over at 1 when you change nation, just to be extra confusing. That's why I list my flyables in matching order in the [campaign].ini and [campaign]_data.ini files. Otherwise it's too easy to get totally lost :blink:

It doesn't help that the stock campaigns are generally not ordered in such a tidy manner - but then maybe I'm just over-compulsive :wink:

cheers,

baltika

Eek. Ok. Any idea what the limit is? 10, 20, 30, etc? Or better yet, is there a way to tell the program to ignore the limit, or have a astronomical limit?