Sign in to follow this  
{FL}Hausser

Libya Terrain Version 1.4

Libya Terrain Version 1.4

Libya Terrain version 1.4

********************************************************************************

*Update to Libya terrain originally created by USAFMTL

*This pack contains only the updated .ini files

*You will need the original Libya downloads as posted by USAFMTL and Wrench

*You will also need Polak's Desert Tiles

*This update includes new targets areas. Airbases moved to approximate real world positions, Some cities renamed to reflect proper names,

*and added several new terrorist training camps. Waypoints added for Dogfight and Multiplayer Co-op Missions. Ships have been added in the Gulf of Sidra

*and at known Libyan Naval Bases. Naval detachment for Libya now reflects their manpower as of 1986. Movement files or ground and naval have also been updated.

*See notes below for added ships. Also added two new planning maps reflecting current positioning.

*Please follow the read-me provided by Wrench in the version 3 update for proper installation of the base package.

*For installation of this pack follow the readme below.

*********************************************************************************

Installation:

1) Extract the LibyanKoni folder to your .../Objects/GroundObjects folder.

2) Extract all files in the Libya folder to your .../Terrain/Libya folder.

*NOTE* Please back up copies of your original .ini files and .hfd before installing this.

*NOTE 2* The following ships were added to the Libyan side. Please download these files from Combat Aces.

1) OSA-II by Capun

2) Kilo Class Submarine by SFP1 IronWorks Team

3) Libyan Koni custom paint of Koni originally posted by Capun (included in rar file.)

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to send me a message. This is only version 1.4 of the Libya terrain.

More updates and revisions are planned for the future. Stay tuned for more.!!!

Thanks for the update, Hausser.

Do you mind if I ask the installation order?

Is it:

SFP1 patched

Original Libya

Desert Tiles

Update 1.4

Thanks for the help.

Yes that would be the correct order.

YOu will also need to do the .ini edits to make it work inside SFP1 for airstrips. See the knowledge base on how to do that.

Thanks. I got it installed and working.

It's very nice.

That was going to be my next question. Tried a single mission, and the a/c was not correctly oriented on the runway for take-off. I'll check out the KB.

I checked out the KB, but couldn't find how to reposition the a/c. Is there a specific topic I should look for?

I wish there was a modern era campaign to go with the terrain.

Edited by TurtleHawk

Thanks. I got it installed and working.

It's very nice.

That was going to be my next question. Tried a single mission, and the a/c was not correctly oriented on the runway for take-off. I'll check out the KB.

I wish there was a modern era campaign to go with the terrain.

The campaign is on the works

Is it perhaps the runway size that needs to be changed/edited?

I noticed that on a couple of missions too. Also enjoyed taking out the landlocked OSA boat.....

Yeah, it's funny seeing the landlocked ships.

Any ideas on fixing the a/c start position on the runway?

I noticed that on a couple of missions too. Also enjoyed taking out the landlocked OSA boat.....

Mind telling me where you saw those landlocked boats? I flew the coast of Libya before I put this up and didn't see any that were landlocked...... unless.....

I am not sure what to tell you about the airbases. I will look into that as well for it.

And yes there is at least one semi-modern campain in the works.... I am doing it. It is set in 1986.

And version 2.0 of this is already in works by me and I will have much of what is going on here ironed out. I am rebuilding several tiles for the version 2.0.

Maybe someone else can help with this. I am thinking it may be caused by the switch over from WOV set-up which I am using to the SFP1 which you are using. I just ran a quick test and took off from the Libyan air bases (except Al Bayda) and all worked just fine for me and all my wingmen. The only base that did not work properly was Al Kufrah which I found out I forgot to level the terrain at... oops.

I will look into the ships as well.

Hey, not to worry.

I'll do an install using WOV.

I appreciate the responses and your work. And I'll look forward to the campaign. Let me know if you need any "testers" :smile: