Sign in to follow this  
Okland

Campaign Squadron Upgrade Textures

(Previously posted at column5.us, however, those guys seem to be on vacation this week. :biggrin: )

Hello.

I've been doing some beta campaigning and I've run into an issue while referencing upgrade plane textures. Bunyap's tutorial shows the following:

UpgradeType=FIXED - Type of aircraft upgrade. "NEVER" for no upgrades. "ANY" also available.

Upgrade[01].Year=1959 - Used for "FIXED" upgrades. Year the upgrade takes place.

Upgrade[01].Type=F-104G - Used for "FIXED" upgrades. Aircraft the unit upgrades to.

Upgrade[01].Texture=USAFSilver1 - Used for "FIXED" upgrades. Markings used be the upgraded aircraft. Corresponds to a directory in the Objects/Aircraft/F-104G (in this case) folder.

My entry in the beta campaign_data.ini shows a similar reference:

UpgradeType=FIXED

Upgrade[01].Year=1958

Upgrade[01].Type=F3H-2M

Upgrade[01].Texture=VF-84

The problem is that the game seems to ignore the Upgrade[01].Texture=VF-84 entry. IE the aircraft upgrade works fine, however, it uses the plane's default texture or skin. I've double checked the folder reference for the skin and it seems to be correct. I've also reviewed some existing campaigns (aside from Burning Sands) for clues, but they have no upgrade entries.

Any suggestions forthcoming would be appreciated.

It would be worth it to post this question over at Thirdwire's as well. TK may be able to tell you if that is not implented yet.

In the campaigns I've written, I've never upgraded a squadron's aircraft. Some of the default WOV campaigns do have aircraft upgrades, if you want another example to look at.

Do you know if it works in the Burning Sands campaign?

Edited by JSF_Aggie

It would be worth it to post this question over at Thirdwire's as well. TK may be able to tell you if that is not implented yet.

In the campaigns I've written, I've never upgraded a squadron's aircraft. Some of the default WOV campaigns do have aircraft upgrades, if you want another example to look at.

Do you know if it works in the Burning Sands campaign?

Thanks JSF Aggie, I'll try that.

The beta I'm working with is actually an edit of the default Burning Sands. I've never lasted long enough in a career in the original campaign to know for sure if it works with the texture reference..lol.. However, this edit I've done gives a mission or two to a VF-84 Fury squadron before quickly switching to VF-84 Demons. The campaign start year and upgrade year are the same.

Hello Everybody.

I've tabled this discussion for now. I may end up revisiting it later as it probably will come up again. I posted over at Thirdwire and got many good suggestions. However, so far it's no-joy. I tried several different iterations including using the texture name from the textureset.ini. No change I'm afraid. Can't seem to get it to work.

Edited by Okland