Sign in to follow this  
FOTF

Whatcha building right now?

Heh, sounds like me there Jug. I've got 3 LARGE boxes of model kits...

So many kits...so little time...some true treasures too...

FastCargo

What I need now is a trip to Alabama to pack the stuff up and send it to Paul. He will enjoy much and I will have space for some very expensive corvette parts. Everybody wins.......!

Here's my latest project......

bigscale_eagle.jpg

This is the cockpit from a 32nd scale F-15C. I used a new technique for the CRT screens in the instrument panel using Amscan "Stardust Confetti".

paint the screens and their frames flat black

Once the black dries, go over the screens again with Tamiya's "Clear Green"

Once that dries, take a piece of confetti and cut it the size of your screen.

Secure the screen with a drop of future.

Viola! The screen now changes color depending on the angle you view it and reflects color and light just like a real screen!

Hey Jugs...I actually forgot about that. Give me a shout when you send it out.

FC...if you have anything you want to part with, keep me in mind....

I'm just messing with this, trying to get the hand of modelling.

Points to anyone who can guess where the colour scheme is from

post-24797-1212532188_thumb.jpg

Area 88?

Area 88?

Correct. I'll have to see about getting some decal paper and printing off the unicorn crest.

EDIT:

Well the Tiger II is mostly finished, but I got some new ones to practice on.

post-24797-1212701296_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrimsonRoamer

I'm new here but i build Flying paper models of all jets and i'm currently trying to get my hands on an F-15 so I can create a digital camouflage paint scheme. :yes:

Edited by THEJETDEMON

KA-50, F-14A, Hmmwv, Leopard 2A5, M-1A2 SEP and a mixed bag of napoleonic gaming miniatures in 15mm scale

Staffan

Right now, I am torturing myself by building an Airfix 1/72 Lockheed P-38 Lightning.

Revell 1/72.

ATgAAAClPny76GZt_mlwRyvaHghUJEnDQcE5mVd69M9M3rlSJFOD5s25uMmtQlus5spF6JUltK6gnoMlr6FZM3Nt4fz2AJtU9VCeFuyLba3oGcT5_IKd_60wNExVEA.jpg

ATgAAAAWpQAG667bLkPEgg3knNO_Ca5XLvvUaVWt5Wo-CG2rIScvMykZZ8zJCogX8Zr-2SR5Dm7T03pB7n4XNqPTyRvfAJtU9VDV03hvup2es_i2a6ov255sg4pMow.jpg

ATgAAADuIJT5uEU16OvTBdqGiaUSl1_tNTliUi382nojbKLUnR7hQw_ivi28XhfNGvddOWiMgYOEMXN0DZYltib-mMd3AJtU9VBTW0emMPyoV-V_zurPmjsT28NyJw.jpg

I know, it's ugly, but what I can do? It's my second model! I'm getting sharpened.

Edited by pablitoVPT

Currently completed a J-29C Flying Barrel in UN Colours for a friend of the family who served as a loader of a C-130 in Kongo during the ninetees. He and me spoke alot about the efforts of the UN Squadron and he even lent me a book on the subject - so I tought it only fair to build him one.

http://brommaherman.deviantart.com/art/UN-...arrel-121628095

The colours are slighly off (never been my strong side) but I am pretty damn proud of it.

Edited by tigertompa

I have an Extra 300 (by Gullows) nearly complete...actually only needs for me to glue on the canopy, and decal it.

I have a Space Shuttle plus boosters in 1/72 scale in progress....

I have 3 LARGE (as in a cubic meter plus) boxes of models remaining...mostly in 1/72 scale. Everything from a P-51 to an XB-70...plus several model rockets, and some vacu-form kits of some of the "never produced" century series aircraft.

Who knows when I'll EVER get to those...

FastCargo

Same here, must be more than 100 unbuilt kits, mostly 1:72 jets and historic Klu stuff...... :sorry:

Some 95 finished models, some 1:32 (F16, F4F, Mirage IIIE, A4E, Tornado and MiG 21 PFM) and the rest Cold War and more modern stuff, enough to put up a sizable "airshow static show" or NATO Tactical Airmeet somewhere back in the late eighties or beginning of the nineties. Often modified or with special decals. Oldest models from beginning of the sixties.

Right now (very slowly) working on a Klu Hunter MkVI 1:72 of Revell

For the record: one of the biggest model shops of W. Europe just a few miles away: Aviation Hobby Shop at Aalsmeerbrug...

By the way: some beautiful stuff you all have !!

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

Edited by Derk

Same here, must be more than 100 unbuilt kits, mostly 1:72 jets and historic Klu stuff...... :sorry:

Some 95 finished models, some 1:32 (F16, F4F, Mirage IIIE, A4E, Tornado and MiG 21 PFM) and the rest Cold War and more modern stuff, enough to put up a sizable "airshow static show" or NATO Tactical Airmeet somewhere back in the late eighties or beginning of the nineties. Often modified or with special decals. Oldest models from beginning of the sixties.

Right now (very slowly) working on a Klu Hunter MkVI 1:72 of Revell

For the record: one of the biggest model shops of W. Europe just a few miles away: Aviation Hobby Shop at Aalsmeerbrug...

By the way: some beautiful stuff you all have !!

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

How is that Hunter in quallity Derk?? I was considering getting some to my collection of 1:72 Kits.

I know what you mean. I stopped counting my kits when I reached No 1000. Having a big big facination of small models in all styles. I have a near complete US M1A2 tank battlion in 1:87 from Roco Minitanks only misses the Bradley recon Plt to be complete. After I got married I have sold out a lot of it. But I'll have still a stock pile that could supply a Model shop for years. :blink:

I've started building a Hasegawa J 35J Draken and a Fujimi F-4E Thunderbirds in 1/48 but at the time World of Warcraft is taken up a all of my time.

How is that Hunter in quallity Derk?? I was considering getting some to my collection of 1:72 Kits.

I know what you mean. I stopped counting my kits when I reached No 1000. Having a big big facination of small models in all styles. I have a near complete US M1A2 tank battlion in 1:87 from Roco Minitanks only misses the Bradley recon Plt to be complete. After I got married I have sold out a lot of it. But I'll have still a stock pile that could supply a Model shop for years. :blink:

Quality is very good Henrik, nice ejection seat and good outline and detailing and a good decal set. It's a real MkVI without the brake chute. Worth giving a try and not too expensive

No good as a MkIV though as it has the wing with sawtooth. Pity for you and the Swedes, don't know any good MkIV except for very old Frog/ NOVO kit from a MKI.......

Hou doe,

Derk :yes:

Buildin' a Block 65 F-14A

F-14A+/B

Revell 1/48 kit

All it is is a Revell F-14A with a few pods added, the nose is all wrong and I need decal set/finish.

I may go to Michael's and get the F-14D (which I built before, but lacks the proper pods and A/G load out) and or the F-18E (which lacks any type of armament)

I can tell you guys, it is getting harder to find 1/48 kits and more expensive. Everyone wants diecast and or nothing to do with plastic/resin all togther. Even the hobby stores (both online and in person) have jacked up their prices and slimmed down their selection.

I remember when even the drug stores and some bargin bin stores had isles dedicated to just model planes and trucks.

On a side note a cheaper way to do panel lines, works very well on Navy gray aircraft when you are trying to do weathering and corrosion. I use a fine tipped brush to paint over the bare model with slightly thinned acrylic copper, steel, or brass colored paint. Then I go over the entire model with a light coat of gray primmer.

I just finished up building my 1/144 B-58 i picked up at a Korean hobby shop. Hung it up next to my F-105 in the same scale. On the bench i got a 1/72 B-17F from academy along with a 1/144 B-47.

Got to finish these up before i leave for college this summer.

Kit stockpiles:

1/144 Jolly Rogers Memorial Flight (Superbug and D-Cat)

1/72 Italeri Kfir C2

1/72 Italeri F-16A/B NATO Falcon

1/72 Academy F-8P

1/72 Tamiya A-6E (rebox of Italeri)

1/72 Italeri UH-1D (I think it's actually a -1H)

Italeri USS Saratoga (don't remember what scale it is)

and repairing old kits...

Edited by New Guy

just finished hasegawa 1/48th F-4E before coming over here. The anniversary special bird but w/o the 30th Anniversary markings. unfortunately due to availble personal space here i had to cancel plans to work on some of my 20 phantom kits over the year. At least i Can still fly double uglies in NF1-4!

Hello all! Unfortunately when my grandfather passed away I received most of his R/C aircraft. I sold a large portion to help grandmother out with cash but kept a couple. I have a fully completed Sig Kadet Mk.II with a .40 O.S. up front and a Futaba AM radio, four channel. I also have a mid-wing aircraft called a 4-60. I can't remember the manufacturer, Ace R/C perhaps. It has a fully symmetrical airfoil making it fully aerobatic, with power supplied by an O.S. .61. The Kadet is docile, very predictable in flight. It goes straight and level with the right trim input, just a wonderful primary trainer. The 4-60 is a different story :yikes: I have never personally flown this one, but I did see my grandfather fly it when I was young. Instead of going to a R/C flying field we went to our local airport (Merrymeeting Airport, 08B) and got her airborne. A deputy lived across from the end of the runway and offered the services of his radar gun. We clocked that bad boy at over 100 mph in a slight dive. I was amazed, for a little R/C plane she moved.

That is the extent of my R/C equipment. I have built countless plastic scale kits, but none of them actually turned out well enough to post. Most of them were built with the intention of being used as toys after they were built. I can say one thing, when I couldn't find the sorts of toys I wanted to play with as a kid, I built them.