Sign in to follow this  
FOTF

Whatcha building right now?

I am building a F/A-18E and F/A-18F, F-14A and an A-4F....how about you? What are you building right now or what have you got on your "to do" list?

I'm currently doing a Concorde and a Harrier GR.7

I'm getting ready to start a 1:48th scale B1- Lancer. It's a HUGE model. Its 3 feet long. 90.5CM

My brother picked it up for me for like $17

An F-16B if I ever get around to doing it

Myself I build R/C submarines and currently have the following under construction.

1/200 th USS Daniel Webster SSBN 626 the only US SSBN with bow planes 25 inches long Scratchbuilt

1/200 th USS Andrew Jackson Built where I live. She was a 616 class ssbn 25 inches long Scratchbuilt

1/200 th USS Henry L. Stimson SSBN 655 I served on this boat 26.5 inches long Scratchbuilt

1/144 th USS New Hampshire the latest Virgina class to be launched late this year nearly 3 feet long Trumpeter Seawolf conversion

1/144 th USS Abraham Lincoln SSBN 602 the first SSBn built hwere I live and the last George Washington classlast Steve Neill GW kit ever made

Polar lights Seaview Static display

On order the new Moebuis Models 39 inch Seaview to be built as R/C

Scratchbuilt Gerry Andersons Stingray !/20th Scale 52"LOA

Scratchbuilt 20,000 Leagues under the Sea Nautilus.

These are full functional Subs with actual ballast systems and other features depending on hull.

Almost done with Monogram's F-20 in "what-if" navy aggressor scheme (just letting the decals set before I dullcote it), working on the Revell reissue P-61, & some really odd R.O.C. F-5A 4-ship diamond formation in 1/144 thing (really cheap & really horrible fit). That one really is quite pathetic, but lets me practice my filling, sanding, and general re-working skills. A lot. I mean it. A lot. 4 times, even. LOL

Wow....where'd you score that old F-20?

Those old monogram kits are hard to find. Revell really shaved down the aircraft stuff after they acquired Monogram

Got this one on ebay last year, & another there a few months ago. They show up pretty often, but can get expensive. Those 2 were around $9-10 inc. shipping, but I got lucky. I think they're becoming more popular:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MONOGRAM-1-48-F-20-TIG...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/MONOGRAM-F-20-TIGERSHA...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/F-20-Northrop-Tigersha...1QQcmdZViewItem

I still need to do one from Barrett Tillman's "Warriors", the red & white, the BMW gray (see my avatar), maybe the Area 88 one, and at least 2,234,867 "what-ifs"...the cool thing about these is you don't have to be 100% accurate! I'm not part of the pen-light nazis, good enough is good enough LOL

Edited by RunsWithScissors

That's cool. I am starting to look on ebay more for this stuff....I just paid 2 bucks for my Hobbycraft A-4. The shop down the street charges 26 bucks for that one

I'd have to say that qualifies as a :good: deal. I managed to get the P-61 at the old mom & pop hobby shop nearby for $14. (Seen 'em go on ebay for $12-30.) I went there to look for the new Trumpeter F-100. ONE HUNDRED FREAKING DOLLARS! I think I'll have to wait til they're on ebay next year. :rolleyes:

Let's see...all of these are 72nd...the only scale I can afford :biggrin:

Finishing the painting on a Nieuport 11...then the fun begins...RIGGING!!!

In the process of working on the following...I have a bad habit if starting one, then starting another...only to finish the first one later.

Tamiya (Italeri...old ESCI maybe) F-100D in NMF

Revell F-16C...haven't made up my mind what markings or weapons to hang on this one yet

TWO F-15s...a C and an E, both Hasegawa

Colonial Viper Mk.7...resin...my first...kinda scared

A "What-if" V-tailed racing Corsair...I got the cheap Testor F4U at Hobby Lobby for like 2 bucks and decided to do something different

F-5A...Italeri

F-20 Hasegawa (the Tigershark seems to be a fav here)

Academy F-8E

ESCI Spad XIII

And countless other still sitting in their boxes.

I'd have to say that qualifies as a :good: deal. I managed to get the P-61 at the old mom & pop hobby shop nearby for $14. (Seen 'em go on ebay for $12-30.) I went there to look for the new Trumpeter F-100. ONE HUNDRED FREAKING DOLLARS! I think I'll have to wait til they're on ebay next year. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have been drooling over the Trumpeter RA-5C...but the price tag is a bit too big for me right now.

I am thinking about picking up one of those Tamiya Skyrays.

I am just getting back into modelling after a long time, so I will mess up a few Revell kits before I move on to the good expensive ones.

Getting back to Trumpeter....I was talking to a friend who has been modelling for awhile and says the thing about them is they already have a bunch of the parts that you would normally be considered "after market"...like the photo etched panels and resin stuff..

I've got an F-4E and Tornado in the works.....and they have been for the past 5 years.... someday! :)

I've been waiting like forever now for the Italeri 1/72 MiG-37 Ferret-B to come through... Ordered it at the end of July... at the shop they told me initially it would only take a couple of weeks... Damn... :angry2:

Oh well, in the mean time I'll probably entertain myself with a couple of Gundam Seed 1/144 High-Grade models I've still there waiting for me in their boxes... And order a couple of new ones through another local shop I've found... :nyam:

In aviation, I have an EF-111 and a Tu-22M3 sitting in boxes. The 111 is actually about 60% done...and has been for about 15 years!

In SF, I have the USS Voyager, the USS Defiant is about 80% done, the NCC-1701-C, a few Star Wars fighters... and who knows when I'll finish them. Maybe when I retire...

I put up a few pics, Fates. The F-20 still needs the dullcote, but the pics are so bad it doesn't really matter LOL I used my phonecam for these & it won't focus for crap in close. I'll put up some better ones as soon as I borrow my bro's much better camera. There's a few of a Wright Flyer I did a month ago or so, too.

I have an Extra 300 (by Gullows) nearly complete...actually only needs for me to glue on the canopy, and decal it.

I have a Space Shuttle plus boosters in 1/72 scale in progress....

I have 3 LARGE (as in a cubic meter plus) boxes of models remaining...mostly in 1/72 scale. Everything from a P-51 to an XB-70...plus several model rockets, and some vacu-form kits of some of the "never produced" century series aircraft.

Who knows when I'll EVER get to those...

FastCargo

I just scored an Academy F-14A in 48th scale....I have been looking for one of these kits forever

Sweet! I think I'm gonna do an F-model Superbug after (if) I get the P-61 done. I'm planning a diorama with the black widow & the going is slowwwww. I suck at painting figures. They're always too tanned (or pale like zombies) LOL

I used to build alot. Lately though I have switched to diecast. I can get a nice diecast cheaper than a model kit. I just got an F-104 and MiG-21 from hobby master. $40 total. 1/72 scale. I just don't have time amymore (who knows probably patience either). wish i did though.

I've been building again partly to try to get my patience back. I recently left the worst job in history (Supervisor of a powder-coating line. Somehow my 5 1/2 years of college qualifies me for that). I live a freaking minute and a half walk from the place & that no longer was a good enough reason to keep me there. (I filed for unemployment just to piss off management. LOL The hearing officer at the unemployment office knew my former boss' first name, from reputation. She also approved my claim for QUITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SHIFT, based on his harassment. Amongst other things, he hates tall people & I'm 6'4".) Long story that I won't bore you with, but my brain is coming back to its usual semi-normal. I'm no longer as short-tempered; now I'm just BORED a lot. LOL I won't start my new job for about 2 weeks. So it's been model-palooza around here. All those kits that have just been sitting in the closet are rather quickly running me out of display space.

Edited by RunsWithScissors