Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Possible to open the F105 canopy?

Anyone know If is possible to open the canopy in the default F105 Thunderchief?? Will be cool to open it with one of the Animation Keys

Thank's

I highly doubt it. The model would need to have a canopy animation built in, and since the game doesn't have animated canopies by default, I doubt it would work. Best you could probably do would be to make the canopy into a control surface that actuated with speed, which has its own inherent set of problems (can pop open in midair if you stall the airplane, kind of illusion-breaking IMO).

I highly doubt it. The model would need to have a canopy animation built in, and since the game doesn't have animated canopies by default, I doubt it would work. Best you could probably do would be to make the canopy into a control surface that actuated with speed, which has its own inherent set of problems (can pop open in midair if you stall the airplane, kind of illusion-breaking IMO).

Yes you can as a matter of fact. EasyKill made it possible with a mod he did to the default Thud.

Here is his site. And here is a pic.

http://www.digitalstrike.eu/index.html

Highly recommended this mod is. To USAFMTL you listen...lol, like Yoda I sound. Need that I do not...;)

Highly recommended this mod is. To USAFMTL you listen...lol, like Yoda I sound. Need that I do not...;)

Funny you are, jokes you have many. :biggrin:

LOL...that's what I get for having The Empire Strikes Back playing in the background while posting.

I tried to adapt it in the Stock WOV F105 with no luck, anyone know if is possible??

USAFTML, are you useing YAP stuff while playing your campaign?? I'm playing a Rolling Thunder F105 one and some missions are impossible, I lost 6 planes in the last one!!

Any tip??

I have adapted all my YAP and RAZBAM stuff into my Rolling Thunder campaign.

Easykills Thuds are the default 105's just modded. So it should be a matter of cutting and pasting the correct ini entries.

I will try to contact Easykills about the canopy, my squad is almost pilotless, damn Sams!!

Hi pilots, Easykill here

well, since the last release of my F-105D-25RE skins and mod I've been too busy to finish my Camo F-105D-31RE (I got married and changed job!!!).

So the status of things is this: the skins are almost finished, normal and inverted camo. The mod is ok, few tweaks only. My aim is to release all the package

before Christmas...but I can't tell you when......

Next project...A-4, A-7 or F-8 Hi resolution skins!

To Stratos

> to open canopy is only a matter of cut and paste from the F-105D-25RE data to the default F-105D data file the following lines:

add to the end of [Nose] section in F-105D_DATA.INI

SystemName[0xx]=Canopy

and this before the Crew section

[Canopy]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

Setting[1].Angle=38.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=7.5

Setting[1].RetractValue=7.0

MaxDeflection=45.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=1.0

AnimationID=8

MaxControlSpeed=80

ModelNodeName=canopy_frame_rear_outer

It should work :good:

Easykill

DIGITALSTRIKE

Hey easy good to see you here.

I have adapted all my YAP and RAZBAM stuff into my Rolling Thunder campaign.

Easykills Thuds are the default 105's just modded. So it should be a matter of cutting and pasting the correct ini entries.

Hey, got any screenshot you'd like to share with us? :rofl:

Hey, got any screenshot you'd like to share with us? :rofl:

Sure I have a some from a few missions.

Oooooooooo! F-100F! I need one of those. :yes:

Thx USAFMTLDAVE.

Oooooooooo! F-100F! I need one of those. :yes:

Thx USAFMTLDAVE.

Well as much as the YAP issue is big with everyone. And someones customer service policies are lacking. To only way to get the F-100F is to buy it from YAP. It is not public domain. And even though I am not buying YAP anymore, I am going to honor there polices of not sharing their work. That would just be wrong.

Personally, I prefer this method for animating the canopy...push a key and it opens, push it again and it closes...but only while on the ground, and stopped :biggrin:

Canopy Animation Video

Fubar, did you somehow manage to comine the non-animated canopy with a manual deployment method?

He is such a tease, isn't he? :biggrin:

Cool vid, how'd you get to key on the hook? It is what I try on every new airframe I fly.

Well as much as the YAP issue is big with everyone. And someones customer service policies are lacking. To only way to get the F-100F is to buy it from YAP. It is not public domain. And even though I am not buying YAP anymore, I am going to honor there polices of not sharing their work. That would just be wrong.

Agreed. I don't want YAP's F-100F. I wish someone would build one for the rest of us. Suprised someone hasn't already.

Cool vid, how'd you get to key on the hook? It is what I try on every new airframe I fly.

This is what I did....

I remarked out the tailhook entry, as I felt it unecessary:

;[Tailhook]

SystemType=ARRESTER_HOOK

MaxDeflection=60.0

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=2.0

ModelNodeName=tailhook

I then added the cockpit entry, like so:

[Canopy]

SystemType=ARRESTER_HOOK

MaxDeflection=0.0

MinDeflection=38.0

DeployTime=5.0

AnimationID=8

ModelNodeName=canopy_frame_rear_outer

DeployWhenOnGears=TRUE

I tried to use an animation key instead, so as not to sacrifice the tailhook, but it seems that animation ID as originally posted ("8"), may not have been the correct number.

Nice!

Will have to try that. I like the weight on wheels entry, would be odd to hit it in flight and get all that air in there. :biggrin:

Tried Easykill's method on the stock WOV F-8E and A-6A. Couldn't get the canopies to open so I tried different Animation numbers and got the wings to fold on both.