Sign in to follow this  
Fates

F/A18: OIF

Well I own the first version of it called F/A 18 Precision Strike Fighters. It was Ok at the time. This Iraq version looks almost exactly like it except Im sure they got the kinks out of it and added more to it.

http://www.xicat.com/games/FA18.htm Look familiar? Xicat is what Janes ran to after EA. Oh well whats another flightsim in my compooter. Maybe Janes had some help with this one.

OK just watched the replay demo. Hmm its the exact same graphics just different terrain. The sounds and everything are the same. Kind a bummed out. Oh well I'll still buy it and place it next to the first version I bought when it came out.

OK just bought it. Now to see if theres any improvements from the previous version. Hopefully its not just a new map. Also, its still a single CD game and this one came with no manual to hold just key card for the functions in the game. Of course the cd has a manual, lucky for me I have the first version that came with a really cool manual to read. I hate going into the cd for a manual.

OK the intro gave me goosebumps. LOL It has cool real photos with music in the background.

OK I'm less than impressed. Its exactly like the F/A 18 PSF version. This game does have all the kinks worked out though and multiplayer is better....no co-op though unless I'm missing something. LOL only a few of the key functions changed. It would appear that this game is just a stand alone expansion pack. They really need to work on the graphics and such to bring in a little bit more realism. Oh well at least its something sort of new to play. Geez I've been playing IL2 FB which is actually a lot of fun for a prop game.

Thanks for the info Trashman, I think that I will pass on this game and just play the Iraq missions on Janes F/A-18.