Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

Question for Burning Sands 83

Where does all of the carrier files listed on objects go? Do they go in the Objects folder or the Ground objects folder or...? The directions don't really say. I got a CTD when I put them in the Objrects folder. (That is if it is the cause).

Where does all of the carrier files listed on objects go? Do they go in the Objects folder or the Ground objects folder or...? The directions don't really say. I got a CTD when I put them in the Objrects folder. (That is if it is the cause).

ground objects folder in their own sub-folders

Edited by Typhoid

I'm also getting a CTD when unraring the file and

then starting up.

Could you please specify which of the CV*.* files

in the rar Objects go elsewhere, and exactly into

what folders ?

Newbie here :sorry:

Thx ..

Made a CVA-63 directory under the Ground Objects folder and copied

in all the CV63*.* and CVN*.* from the install into there - but still CTD'ing.

I'm guessing that either (1) they all don't get there or (2) my subdir is named wrong.

??

Made a CVA-63 directory under the Ground Objects folder and copied

in all the CV63*.* and CVN*.* from the install into there - but still CTD'ing.

I'm guessing that either (1) they all don't get there or (2) my subdir is named wrong.

??

A common mistake is misnaming the files: i.e. CV-63, CV63, CV_63. Be sure that the naming protocol is consistent. Additionally, each object has it's own folder in the Ground Object folder.

A common mistake is misnaming the files: i.e. CV-63, CV63, CV_63. Be sure that the naming protocol is consistent. Additionally, each object has it's own folder in the Ground Object folder.

Thx . I'll keep that in mind and play around a bit here.

A lot of guesswork on the installation (??)

Guest capun

Silly me but on what of the ThirdWire games are you trying to install it?

I second capun, since if you install it on either WoV or WoE (or FE for that matter) it won't work. You need the SF desert terrain.

If you did install only the carrier wrong, you would only end up on the water at the start of the mission, so it's something else. (that's happened to me before)

I second capun, since if you install it on either WoV or WoE (or FE for that matter) it won't work. You need the SF desert terrain.

If you did install only the carrier wrong, you would only end up on the water at the start of the mission, so it's something else. (that's happened to me before)

A clean SFP1, with current patch, weapons and service packs.

(I've successfully installed other campaigns with copies of this clean install)

??

Guest capun

And that is probably the problem.

I don't recall the campaing details but if it calls for the CVA-63 that is only available in the WoV game once it tried to load the non-existent object then the game will CTD

To import it to SFP1 you would need to have the WoV game and extract all of the required files for the CVA-63 from the Objectdata.cat and put the files in the SFP1 GroundObject folder as specified in the tutorial

Thank all you Gentleman quite kindly, but this dog just won't hunt.

Have used my clean/updated SFP1 template for many other campaign mods

without any problems .... (??)

Thx again for all the suggestions, and on to some of the other excellent

mods around here :wink:

Well, that was easy.

Ironically I just d/l'ed Burning Sands '83 yesterday and spent two hours last night trying to get it to work.

Next time I'll kick my teenager off the phone and do a search here first.

Basically do not install any .dll files from the BS '83 download. Read here...

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=21986&hl=

Edited by DukeIronHand

Hello i'm having the same problem at the beginning of the mission i find myself in a cloud of dust and the plane is in the water but only in campaign missions. Perhaps You met this problem before me...

Cippao