Sign in to follow this  
BirdDogg

To: TK and Crew, "Enhancements"

I spent the whole weekend playing Prog-1. Final Verdict = IT'S A KEEPER :). I think you and your crew achieved what I recall you saying was your (developmental mark), posted on SimHq awhile back.

Project 1 is IMHO, the perfect middle ground between Hardcore and Light Sim design.

Other than the known omittions (AAA/SAMS/Ground Detection) I would like to ask for some enhancements after you guys work on the major stuff.

They are:

Enhanced Ground Explosions, Debris (Destroyed Building smoking, and scorched earth).

Full Mission Editor (with individual object placement Radars, Airbase Static objects).

More Ground activity around Airbases.

I hope these suggestions, along with others from the community at large, can make it into some of the planned patches and updates.

Thanks

BirdDogg. 8)

I would suggest getting the AI more involved. The wingman is nearly useless though on occasion they do nail a mig or two. I havent seen one yet attack a ground target I've ordered attacked. I also followed a mig in a circle for probably 6 or 7 times last nite, he didnt try anything else in the way of manuevers. (I did however get one on my tail that wouldnt let go till he apparently ran outta fuel and turned for home.)

The ship models need a serious overhaul as does the water. The wakes are not very good in my opinion, looking very flat and local, (no trailing wake), and the ships' models are pretty basic, they can be a lot better. How about warships in this game, I havent seen any yet.

I like to see an eject "sequence" and be able to toggle the engines on in midflight if this was possible for these aircraft. (I know they mostly used a machine on ground to start them, what was it called?) There is no way to cycle thru fuel tanks either. (Does this game use the droptank fuel first before the main tanks?)

Hey Pcp,

I hear ya, but I was under the impression that the AI would be addressed in a patch. My main gripe with this Sim is the Air to Ground effects, even Fighters Anthology had Static object damage modeling.

Being a Stike Pilot, and not really a Dogfighter by nature the ground is where I would like to see some good'ol eye candy. I can wait for the other stuff to be fixed, but You can't call it Strike fighters, when there's no real visual representaion of a "Strike" taking place. you might as well call it Fighters :)

Still in all I'm having fun

BirdDogg 8)

give the team a chance to get things in order..I have faith they will do a great job.and I Think these are things we as a community can add...of course I could be wrong but graphics should be fixable by us,if not by them.

If were adding things (small things first since there seems to be more pending issues right now) how about a no padlock option? Even radar would get un-locked with these systems if I remember correctly. It would really be nice for the online COOP and DF severs. Just a thought.

Vex