Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Air National Guard F-100's

Any interest in this package? All based on real units and tail codes that flew the F-100D.

Oh definately. I know a guy at my church, retired Major General, who flew these back in the day. He was there when they stood up the 353th TFS. He told me a story about how they used to have to fly down from their base in Myrtle Beach to one in Georgia for any maintenance since they had zero facilities at the time. He started on F-84Fs and ended up in the 192 FW flying F-105s over Vietnam. Flew other planes like the F3D, F8U, and F-86s as well.

By the way, Bunyap, if you're reading this, he loved the skin of it you did, said it brought back a lot of memories.

Nice. Anychance you can do the 101st FIS based in Massachusetts?

EDIT: Oh the first is of my squadron. Man my friend in the 101st FS will like a bit more history.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

More finished.

Conneticut ANG, Iowa ANG, Arizona ANG and Louisiana ANG.

Any request?

I need a pic... and it has to be a D model F-100 since that is all we have.

Now added the Ohio, Arkansas and Indiana ANG's. Looks like I maybe out of D units. I wish we had an F-100C. I could many more.

South Dakota

Prior to operating the A-7D, the 175th Tactical Fighter Squadron operated F-100D/Fs from 1970 to 1977. F-100D 56-3187 wears the Vietnam era tactical camouflage and is presently preserved at the main gate.

f100_563187.jpg

South Dakota

Prior to operating the A-7D, the 175th Tactical Fighter Squadron operated F-100D/Fs from 1970 to 1977. F-100D 56-3187 wears the Vietnam era tactical camouflage and is presently preserved at the main gate.

f100_563187.jpg

Check the top post, its the second picture.

It's a pity the 192nd went straight from the F-84F to the F-105, would have been sweet markins on an F-100.

I'll have to check to see which models the NJ and NH units flew, and then find pics :)

Here is the rest:

Does anyone happen to know which of these operated in Vietnam from when to when? On Wikipedia I read that Colorado, New York, Iowa, and New Mexico ANG F-100 units were based out of Phan Rang from 68 to 69.