Sign in to follow this  
WarlordATF

Flyboys Skins?

Has anyone made or is working on the Black and Red Dr.Is from the movie Flyboys? I know the movie was kinda fake, but those two planes look really cool and i would love to have those skins for FE.

Thanks!

Nevermind, I made em. I used the MvR Last DR1 and Firecages worn skins as a basis for the Crossed Swords and Jacobs DR1 for the Black Falcon. I can't release them because they are 90% others peoples work but what do you think?

black.bmp

crossed.bmp

Nice work. IF you want to release them Im ok with it, just give me credit for the orig skins, and the templates are from SPF1 ATEAM. You may want to get with Capun and get his ok as well before you release. :good:

Thank You! I used your wings on V.Deutchmarks MvR Last Dr.1 Fuselage skins as the basis for the Crossed Swords Triplane and it gave the plane a unique look. The Black Falcon was made from the Jacobs Black Dr.1 that came with the Dr.1 package.

I'm not very good at creating skins from scratch, so i used what i had available.It was never my intent to release them, it was just something i wanted to do. However if V.Deutchmark and the A-Team will give permission i'll be more than happy to put the files together in a skin pack and give full credit to the original authors in the readme.txt. What i did was minor, you guys are the artists!

I just finished the Standard Red and Black Dr.1 that all the other Germans used in the Movie.

I have the 1.99 meg package ready for upload and release, but i will ONLY do so if the A-Team and von Deutschmark respond in this thread and give there permission as well as Firecage who already has.

Full Credit is given in the readme.If any of them want a pre-release 7.z package to examine before giving permission just let me know and i will E-mail them a copy. I would like to make them available to everyone, however I consider these skins to be there property and will not make them public without there ok first.

Here some screenshots...

post-14051-1192160969_thumb.jpg

post-14051-1192160980_thumb.jpg

post-14051-1192160991_thumb.jpg

Guest capun
I just finished the Standard Red and Black Dr.1 that all the other Germans used in the Movie.

I have the 1.99 meg package ready for upload and release, but i will ONLY do so if the A-Team and von Deutschmark respond in this thread and give there permission as well as Firecage who already has.

Full Credit is given in the readme.If any of them want a pre-release 7.z package to examine before giving permission just let me know and i will E-mail them a copy. I would like to make them available to everyone, however I consider these skins to be there property and will not make them public without there ok first.

Here some screenshots...

You need to send a request to

capun1950 (at) yahoo (dot) com

There are some requirements to use our files in a 3rd party package.

No Problem, If Von Deutschmark says its ok with him i'll contact you with the request. What should be included with the request? Should i include the .7z file when i send the e-mail? Maybe you guys can pretty em up a little better than i did. I have no problem going through the proper channels, like i have said before you guys are the artists and i respect your work, i just did some very minor edits to make the movie skins.

The greatest happyness i would ever hope for from this is that someone would enjoy these skins, maybe someone will even be inspired to make the N17 movie skins one day. i'm pretty sure thats why everyone makes mods for these sims, for all of our enjoyment.

Those skins are the Real World Versions of the Lafayette Escadrille's aircraft. The replicas in the movie used a slightly different paint job. Heres a shot of the Toy which is the only pic i could find, Notice the indian head is much further back and the indivdual pilots logos. And in the hollywood version the gun is offset to the right so they could see the pilots faces during filming.

post-14051-1192207111_thumb.jpg

Edited by WarlordATF

Those clips are great, the blue max is my favorite WWI movie.

I actually liked Flyboys, it had it flaws, but it was a cool story and Hollywood does not make many avation movies so i overlooked the mistakes.

What i did think was kinda insulting was the director decided to use Dr.1s for all germans because he figured we wouldnt be able to tell the sides apart.

Um. Does an albatros look anything like a nieuport??? LOL

But its not as bad as some, i hate when they say a plane is an F-16 and then show a Hornet like some TV shows did. :dntknw:

Whats kinda cool about flyboys was they didnt use total CGI, the Replicas were flown in alot of the scenes.

Heres a story about the Replicas, http://www.ultralightflyer.com/airshow-snf05/7.html

I would love to build one of this companys Dr.1s! :good:

Guest Alligator Devil

I've never seen "The Blue Max" but i will look for it.

This one looks very cool, all the planes have historic paintschemes and the variety of colors that i missed in Flyboys (i was very pissed when i noticed that all the Dr1s were red).

http://www.redbaron-themovie.com/