Sign in to follow this  
p10ppy

2 WIPs Voisin and L30 (large image alert)

WIP time

I've been a little loathe to post WIP's because I'm so slow at finishing compared to everyone else… :blush: so don't hold your breath

Since Norman was asking about a Voisin I thought I'd post an update (Welcome Norman BTW)

These are still a ways off, and I will most likely wait till the FE add-on to see what improvements TK makes to the engine

Voisin

Stopped work on it a little while ago when I got additional info and realized I should really redo the whole underside of the fuselage (gearing back up to it when RL permits)

gallery_23136_82_205523.jpg

gallery_23136_82_102210.jpg

L30

Been work on this for a long while

The model and texture are almost finished

But FM and Dam model are giving me conniptions (AI does kinda fly it ok…) and the loadout seems impossible to do in a accurate way…

I will ask some more detailed questions about stuff when I get a chance though I suspect most answers will be no :no:

gallery_23136_82_1715.jpg

gallery_23136_82_68219.jpg

gallery_23136_82_61684.jpg

gallery_23136_82_6761.jpg

gallery_23136_82_47084.jpg

gallery_23136_82_54392.jpg

Far off in never never land I'd love to do a taube and a Macchi M5 but we shall see :wink:

PS I had a look at doing some Adriatic terrain for FE (Venice and Trieste, bottom of the Alps) but realistically I just don't have the time, :blush: tho it didn't seem to hard to do just lots of work…

I'd love an Italian vs Austro-Hungarian coastal theatre

Edited by p10ppy

Wow! The detail is amazing, simply amazing! The Voisin is especially jaw-dropping! Really displays your talent at this p10ppy! :good:

Wonderful! Even if it is never better than it stands now, it will be a great contribution.

Thanks!

All I can say is wow. It certainly is not the terror of the sky but brings the history of air warfare in WW1. To the French and Russians this was equvilant to the British BE2c and the Huns Rumplers.

WIP time

I've been a little loathe to post WIP's because I'm so slow at finishing compared to everyone else…
:blush:
so don't hold your breath

Since Norman was asking about a Voisin I thought I'd post an update (Welcome Norman BTW)

These are still a ways off, and I will most likely wait till the FE add-on to see what improvements TK makes to the engine

Voisin

Stopped work on it a little while ago when I got additional info and realized I should really redo the whole underside of the fuselage (gearing back up to it when RL permits)

gallery_23136_82_205523.jpg

gallery_23136_82_102210.jpg

L30

Been work on this for a long while

The model and texture are almost finished

But FM and Dam model are giving me conniptions (AI does kinda fly it ok…) and the loadout seems impossible to do in a accurate way…

I will ask some more detailed questions about stuff when I get a chance though I suspect most answers will be no
:no:

gallery_23136_82_1715.jpg

gallery_23136_82_68219.jpg

gallery_23136_82_61684.jpg

gallery_23136_82_6761.jpg

gallery_23136_82_47084.jpg

gallery_23136_82_54392.jpg

Far off in never never land I'd love to do a taube and a Macchi M5 but we shall see
:wink:

PS I had a look at doing some Adriatic terrain for FE (Venice and Trieste, bottom of the Alps) but realistically I just don't have the time,
:blush:
tho it didn't seem to hard to do just lots of work…

I'd love an Italian vs Austro-Hungarian coastal theatre

Hey P10ppy, looks like you're turning out some more of your usual outstanding material. Thanks, and I'll be looking forward to the final releases.

Very NIce p10ppy, thought u were only doin the vickers gunned morane

nice suprise to see these in the works also :clapping:

These are great!

Been waiting for a real zeppelin to come along, and this will be an amazing, long overdue, addition.

Thank you, and don't delay! :smile:

Guest Charles

Very nice - looking forward to them.

Do you have any problem with the Zeppelin appearing in close formation with others when you intercept them? I did some work on the FM on Hinch's L-63 a while back, but found the Zeppelins always appearing in the air really close clusters of 4-6, which looked too silly to be credible, so I put it aside.

If so, it may need a new formation type defined in Formations.INI, or something like that.

Thank you all for all your kind encouragement :)

As I said please don't get to excited… I don't get as much time to do this as I would like and they are a ways off

@ Charles, yeah that's one of the many problems to solve,

I had a quick look at the formation.ini a while ago and though I didn't quite grokk it, I thought it looked doable…

Have you tried making single ship formations?

I also have problems around lift (would prefer buoyancy :wink: ) that are similar to the helo FMs I would imagine…

Was hoping to do it with continuous upwards thrust for each gas cell, but there seems no way to set up a thrust source not linked to the throttle

I tried negative mass but the FM didn't like that (surprise surprise :grin: )

I was having all sorts of crazy ideas about jettisonable water ballast and reversible props but I've settled for trying to get the AI to fly it acceptably

I've attenuated bank to almost nothing and the AI copes "ok"… still seems to get to a heading alright (and only occasionally gets stuck inverted :haha: )

AA is another problem … it kills it real fast and doesn't really miss(realistic probably) But it seem reasonably hard for a aircraft to bring it down

So I'm not sure it would ever be suitable for normal campaigns

The loadout is giving me problems as well

8 x PuW300, 40 x PuW100 and 120 x Bomb11kg :blink:

I've got them in the 8 bays sort of… but I'm having endless problems with the door animations…

Automatic isn't really working…

and there seems to be no key for manual doors in FE…

I wonder if the AI cares?

Damage model also looks weird because of these huge hoops of polys (original node) plummeting to earth when a damage node appears,

but there seems to be no way of just making a node vanish instead of falling… :dntknw:

And the list goes on…

I will have to make some compromises eventually

And its thanks to this wonderfully moddable game engine that its even half possible

Fun and games :yes:

Not trying to nag but have you made any progress with the Voison?It would be ashame if somthing the beautiful didn't see the light of day.

Edited by whiteknight06604

VERY NICE!!!!

If you ever get the Zep working what about making a little "fictional" zep that has docking capabilities... still dreaming of a "crimson skyish" mod... ;)

Tex

whiteknight06604

nagging s no problem (its good to kick me once in a while)

I started doing a pit for the Voisin (stupid!)

and then got distracted by the new addon :blush: and RL

Shorter projects (like skinning the new planes) are abit easier to get excited about at the moment

And I need to work out the new FM stuff

And the new weapon editor too...maybe

But i have no intention of not finishing them ... i'm just slow :yes:

Tex

glad you like it

not sure thats doable (mothership)

maybe like a carrier, but i don't know how they work :(

generally the airfield is determined by the terrain heightmap, but i guess carriers are not like that...

Hi Poppy...

Jeez mate, looking at these most excellently Detailed Models Screenshots id be most happy to accept a prototype FM of either Model to fly for now!! lol (And I know from the Posts I wouldnt be the only one!!!) Thes two will be VERY eagerly anticipated and will help fill that gap for Early Aircraft we have (Voisin,Caudron,Bleriot,Taube)...My Compliments to you and your fine work Sir and I cant wait to fly either model, love your Morane..

Keep up the good work....

Rab Watson

Fife

Scotland

They are not released yet.

It's also about time for me to give my yearly "Man I love that Voison and will wait forever for it" speech.

Hey p10ppy! What happened to that L30????????????? :ok::dntknw::good: