Sign in to follow this  

Hi everybody,

Here is a little try I have done while adding the F110 that I have created.

200 knots to 600 in 24 seconds,

Here is the F14B

This is just a Beta Beta version

I will have to wait the authorization from the MF to release it then.

Thanks to JAT, Bibolicious and Capun for their precious help

post-6998-1191137867_thumb.jpg

post-6998-1191139447_thumb.jpg

post-6998-1191139476_thumb.jpg

post-6998-1191139486_thumb.jpg

Edited by airvee001

Hi everybody,

Here is a little try I have done while adding the F110 that I have created.

200 knots to 600 in 24 seconds,

Here is the F14B

This is just a Beta Beta version

I will have to wait the authorization from the MF to release it then.

Thanks to JAT, Bibolicious and Capun for their precious help

AWesome! Looking forward to seeing it released

just a dumb question but what is different between that and the F-14A+ that is on site?

just a dumb question but what is different between that and the F-14A+ that is on site?

The Pacific fleet called the modded F-14As the A+. Atlantic Fleet were F-14Bs. There is a differance.

another question

the externals diferences?

just without the canards ant that think under the nose?(i think its a IR designator)

and it will have pit(i think is the same than F-14A

Nice tailfeathers on that one. Did you do that? Has anybody fixed the wing sweep on the original mod? Mine all have about three positions.

The glove vanes (those little canards) were sealed on all the fleet planes in the 90's.

The chin pods were mission and/or squadron specific. On the A, A+, and B, you could either have a TISEO camera or an infared sensor. The D models could mount both, side by side.

Nice tailfeathers on that one. Did you do that? Has anybody fixed the wing sweep on the original mod? Mine all have about three positions.

The glove vanes (those little canards) were sealed on all the fleet planes in the 90's.

The chin pods were mission and/or squadron specific. On the A, A+, and B, you could either have a TISEO camera or an infared sensor. The D models could mount both, side by side.

Answering all the questions at one and the same time.

The model displayed here is fit with the F110GE400 engines the real one. As far as I know the A+ model on this site does not integrate them.. Not only that but it will also incorporate the Gun Bay purge as on the F14B, the avionics of the F14B (as far as what can be done with the possibility offered by the game) and a modified cockpit. It will also integrate the skins of most of the Squadrons equipped with the F14B . That is a project requiring time...two weeks(lol) but it will not disappoint you!The canard are fixed BTW

The A+ and D in the download section are no more than ini mods to simulate a A+ and D...it still uses the same model as the original

The A+ and D in the download section are no more than ini mods to simulate a A+ and D...it still uses the same model as the original

absolutely true and never advertised as anything but. Is that why you would never answer my requests?

Edited by Typhoid

Answering all the questions at one and the same time.

The model displayed here is fit with the F110GE400 engines the real one. As far as I know the A+ model on this site does not integrate them.. Not only that but it will also incorporate the Gun Bay purge as on the F14B, the avionics of the F14B (as far as what can be done with the possibility offered by the game) and a modified cockpit. It will also integrate the skins of most of the Squadrons equipped with the F14B . That is a project requiring time...two weeks(lol) but it will not disappoint you!The canard are fixed BTW

oh, so this is a full model rebuild with the new airframe changes in the visual? way cool, looking forward to it. The A+ and D on this site did an ini mod to simulate the engines only with the increased thrust.

when this one comes up, I'll ask them to take the 14A+ down.

I've been tweaking the D model and am planning to update the one here as a more accurate representation with the capabilities more closely tracking the real D in fleet service. What is currently up more closely replicates what the Block 2 or Quickstrike might have been. Do you have any plans to press on towards the D?

Edited by Typhoid

The Pacific fleet called the modded F-14As the A+. Atlantic Fleet were F-14Bs. There is a differance.

as I understand it, and read in a lot of the manuals, they were both the same plane in fleet service. Just an administrative difference between the two fleets.

oh, so this is a full model rebuild with the new airframe changes in the visual? way cool, looking forward to it. The A+ and D on this site did an ini mod to simulate the engines only with the increased thrust.

when this one comes up, I'll ask them to take the 14A+ down.

I've been tweaking the D model and am planning to update the one here as a more accurate representation with the capabilities more closely tracking the real D in fleet service. What is currently up more closely replicates what the Block 2 or Quickstrike might have been. Do you have any plans to press on towards the D?

One step at a time my friend, one step at a time.

as I understand it, and read in a lot of the manuals, they were both the same plane in fleet service. Just an administrative difference between the two fleets.

Concur; the F-14A+ ended up getting renamed F-14B after a while, but it is the same exact plane. The original F-14B from 1973 never saw production, but IIRC, there ended up being confusion between designating A, A+ and B (the latter two being the same plane,) so eventually, F-14A+ was changed to F-14B.

cool. I will leave my planned update of the A+ on the shelf and pull it when your B comes out. In the meantime, I have an update to the D close to finished (still just an ini mod to the basic A model) which will hold down the fort until whenever.

:good:

How about the wing sweep? That three step sweep kills it for me. Did this get fixed already? Can you "add" a control input to make the sweep go manual?

Also, that little bulbous part in the wing shoulder area, that bugs me. At 68 degrees sweep, the line from the wingtip forward to the glove vane should be straight and pretty much uninterrupted.

Can you simulate TISEO by providing a fixed "seeker" from the maverick, slaved to the boresight radar mode? Way cool to be able to VID a bogey at 20 miles.

Gee, I'm real picky for an addon whore.

You modders all truly have my utmost respect and gratitude. :hi:

How about the wing sweep? That three step sweep kills it for me. Did this get fixed already? Can you "add" a control input to make the sweep go manual?

Also, that little bulbous part in the wing shoulder area, that bugs me. At 68 degrees sweep, the line from the wingtip forward to the glove vane should be straight and pretty much uninterrupted.

Can you simulate TISEO by providing a fixed "seeker" from the maverick, slaved to the boresight radar mode? Way cool to be able to VID a bogey at 20 miles.

Gee, I'm real picky for an addon whore.

You modders all truly have my utmost respect and gratitude. :hi:

I'm not going to say it can't be done, but we are all limited to the extent of the game engine. That is why we are still waiting for the latest jets, and many of the Soviet birds. Many things now are a compromise, for instance the Su-33 that I was working on would have had no visible canards, or visable tail hook. Marcfighters is/was working on a proper version which would have the correct 3D shape of the more modern Flanker varients. The shoulder area fix for the F-14 would require a new visual model. The Super Hornet, F-22 and others have not been released due to flight engine or avionics limitations (we only have a 1970's avionics package to work with in lue of the 1960's avionics package in SFP1).

Now, I'm IMHO all for having a "close" representation of certain birds until TK gives us the tools to do the details. Bring em on. That way when we get those details, most of the work is already done.

I like the AB nozzels on that Cat! The bird's looking good. Can you post a pic or two with the nozzles closed?

Ok this is a new model or is it based on the MF factory A model? Since you said you have to get permission to release it first and all that is out is the A model. I am confused, which happens often.

Typhoid there is only 2 F-14's out. Both by the MF. The F-14A and the Iranian job. Anything else after that is a mod of the original one. i.e. like your mods.

Guest Saganuay82

Mod of the original I would say. As for getting permission, can't see that one happening. MF likes to maintain control of their products.

Releasing a pack with just the new effects and screens, and instuctions on how to apply them to the original MF F-14A, is no problem. We don't want our aircraft re-released as "new" aircraft becasue it can be confusing to people new to the sim, and it creates a problem when we release upgraded versions. Thanks for respecting that and thanks for your enthusiasm for our Tomcat.

We have a new F-14 model, but its waiting its place in line behind other projects.

That says it all from the Iranian Tomcat post/poll a few days ago.

The F-14's wing sweep IS automatic and in only 3 positions...I don't get it.

Guest Saganuay82

Probably because the game code didn't consider sweep wing when he made it. Probably should be glad that it does swing.

Guest Sony Tuckson

We like to remain in control of our products to a certain extent

a lot of "permissions" have been given, to selected modders....

Ok this is a new model or is it based on the MF factory A model? Since you said you have to get permission to release it first and all that is out is the A model. I am confused, which happens often.

Typhoid there is only 2 F-14's out. Both by the MF. The F-14A and the Iranian job. Anything else after that is a mod of the original one. i.e. like your mods.

that's what I meant. I always try to phrase that carefully so that people don't think those are actually new models but rather authorized mods of the MF models. But they do seem to be popular with a combined 5300+ downloads and rising with the last update I did.

am looking forward to a new, real F-14D model someday. But I've got a ways to go yet before I can work that part of it.

Edited by Typhoid