Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

ALARM for SFP1/WOV/WOE (Version 1.1)

ALARM for SFP1/WOV/WOE (Version 1.1)

Readme for ALARM for SFP1/WOV/WOE (Version 1.1)

********************************* Version 1.1 Update List *************************************

1. Texture updated and resized.

2. If you already have the previous version of these files, just copy the Objects directory into your SFP1 install as per Instruction step 3, allowing overwrites.

3. Reference materials included.

********************************* Version 1.0 Original Release ********************************

Version 1.0

Thanks to the following folks:

TK - For the ThirdWire series of sims.

Bunyap and Wpnssgt - For the original Weapons Pack.

Mustang - For the great video tutorials.

To my fellow Combatace moderators - For helping me beta test and work out bugs.

Any errors or mistakes are entirely mine.

What you will need first:

Thirdwire Weapons Editor - http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm

Copy of SFP1/WOE/WOV patched to the latest standard (as of 03 Oct 07)

Notes and limitations:

The ALARM is a BAe Systems Anti-Radiation missile designed to kill SAM/AAA radars. The real missile has a 'up and over' capability that allows it to descend on a parachute to wait for a radar to light up.

The ALARM uses it's own specific pylon...you will see them on the pylon until you fire, then the pylon will disappear.

The paint scheme is 'best guess', based on the few pictures available.

The TW engine does not support a 'loiter' type missile...so best way to use this weapon is like a standard ARM.

This is FREEWARE only, NO money is allowed to be made on the contents of these files, in whole or in part.

Feel free to redistribute, as long as the original authors are given appropriate credit.

Questions? Contact me at Combatace.

FastCargo

6 Oct 07

An Alarm, ah I see, but no flashy lights on it. Very good model. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Edited by suhsjake

The paint scheme is 'best guess', based on the few pictures available.

http://www.ausairpower.net/tornado-alarm-1.jpg

http://www.ausairpower.net/ALARM-Tornado-S.jpg

I can probably get you current photos if you want (btw do we have Brimstone yet in SFP1? 12 squadron have been flying a Tornado GR4 tooled up with Brimstone recently).

Actually, that's what I patterned my paint scheme on. The only thing I didn't put in were the 'DRILL' circles you see there (the big black dots). I had assumed that 'DRILL' was a designation that it was a training round. Otherwise, you should see that the paint scheme is pretty close to those pictures.

FastCargo

The only thing I didn't put in were the 'DRILL' circles you see there (the big black dots).

they look like RAF roundels to me (quite possibly a PR stunt) ...

DRILL normally does mean training round but afaik that's what the blue ring signifies.

As I said I can probably get some current info/pics if you want.

This is the picture I used (I had to cut it down a bit). I don't remember where I found it, so it probably belongs to someone.

Anyway, you can see the detail pretty clearly:

gallery_12105_43_1572.jpg

FastCargo

I know it's an ini edit, but can't the Tornado still carry the ALARM on the Sidewinder pylons? I remember seeing an old photo with one loaded with seven ALARMS (two on each wing, on the 'winder pylons, and three on the fuselage) and was curious is that done operationally?

This is the picture I used (I had to cut it down a bit). I don't remember where I found it, so it probably belongs to someone.

Anyway, you can see the detail pretty clearly:

Aah, much better picture.

Mind you when I was looking briefly I came across several different schemes as I'm sure that you did so I may look to find out what the current one really is.

The only other difference with a drill round would be the blue band, which signifies that it's a drill round. It should probably be yellow for a live one.

I know it's an ini edit, but can't the Tornado still carry the ALARM on the Sidewinder pylons?

Are you sure? Some how I doubt that you could carry the ALARM on the Sidewinder rail, after all the ALARM 2.5 times as heavy as a Sidewinder.

Are you sure? Some how I doubt that you could carry the ALARM on the Sidewinder rail, after all the ALARM 2.5 times as heavy as a Sidewinder.

I concur there is no way they put them on a sidewinder pylon. It might be another type of pylon in the same position but not on a winder pylon.

tornado-alarm-1.jpg

Been awhile for a reply... but yes here. Just that it appeared that they used the 'winder rails, they replace them and of course use specific ones.

Anyways, it works fine in WoI though, other than the subpylon appears under the HARM LAU-88 rail

Jeez, never saw this post.

I've seen that picture before. I used it as one of my references when I built the ALARM.

What might work is making a special 'ALARM' weapon station for the wing mounts. I think that would allow you to build the configuration you see.

FastCargo

Dear All

This is my first post in COMBATACE.

And I'm doing it so that I can download that cool looking

desert painted IDS Tornado in the downloads section.

Anyway, thanks for the ALARM weapon download.

Funny that the NATO2 patch had a GR1 Tornado that used

American weapons. I was wondering, "Where's the JP233 and ALARM?"

So at least I got ALARM now.

BYW, for all Tornado fans, you can get nostalgic by surfing over to:

http://www.stamford.edu.my/socsscm/tree/tornado.html

Regards

Frankie "Tornadoman" Kam

P.S., why can't ThirdWire come up with a "Wings Over Baghdad" series

which features all the Desert Shield/Storm/Operation Iraqi Freedom

airplanes, notably the IDS Tornado - get this - WITH a fully featured

Mission Planner and dynamic campaign?

(you know, ala Digital Integration's Tornado or Falcon4)

Because TK isn't going past the 1980s for a weird reason. Alot of people naturally go for the modern versus the old, and he may be trying to accommodate both. Besides there is a mod coming out (Desert Storm) so it's not all too bad!