Sign in to follow this  
swetye

CFS mission editor altitude problem

I am creating WW1 missions using the CFS mission editor. I cannot figure out why the opposing planes will not gain the altitude set for them. The planes on "my side" do gain the altitude set for them. Does any one out there work with the CFS mission editor? Thanks swetye

I am creating WW1 missions using the CFS mission editor. I cannot figure out why the opposing planes will not gain the altitude set for them. The planes on "my side" do gain the altitude set for them. Does any one out there work with the CFS mission editor? Thanks swetye

I have used CSF and CSF2 mission editors. When flying missions in CSF I had problems with planes not showing up at the proper time. Flying with planes full of fuel an ammuntion can cause them to fly low and crash. With CSF2 I did not have problems with this but dogfighting proved difficult because if the planes tried to use WW2 combat flight tactics they would stall and crash. Constant turning can cause them to lose altitude. Changing AI tactics can prevent this but this requires some knowledge in programing. Keeping on the lowest skill mode for enemy planes was suggested. Your planes seem to fly better then you. This makes for some unrealistic combat. Not gaining altitude by the enemy is caused by to much of a payload or by trying to climb to fast and this causes the planes to stall. The AI is geared to WW2. CSF does work on some canned missions on simviation. You can then change the planes. The addon Combat Ace might have solutions but this is hard to find as it was only obtainable in Europe and people who used this found CSF worked well. Also there was a web sight geared for CSF WW1 planes and missions but the last time I went there it was closed. CSF3 and Over Flanders Field or Flying Eagles is the way to go.