Sign in to follow this  
fido88

Graphics/Adios/WOV

When in the campaign missions, particularly the ground attack missions, i am getting a lot of chop...i have a pentium 4, 512MB of Ram,128mg video card with XP Pro.....my refresh rate on the monitor is set to 60HZ....in game, my details are at 640x480...all the options are turned to low....seems like i have problems when a lot of aircraft are in the air with me on a strike...also when in mission i am having a hard time picking up the sams...i hear the warnings, both tone and verbal, but i am failing to locate the sam...using the RAW gear i know the direction the sam launched from , but i am getting the old 6 blown off..Thanks..enjoying this game...also, if it matters, i have installed all the updates .......The reason i turned the resolution so low on the grapics is to maybe speed things up...No joy there....

Edited by fido88

When in the campaign missions, particularly the ground attack missions, i am getting a lot of chop...i have a pentium 4, 512MB of Ram,128mg video card with XP Pro.....my refresh rate on the monitor is set to 60HZ....in game, my details are at 640x480...all the options are turned to low....seems like i have problems when a lot of aircraft are in the air with me on a strike...also when in mission i am having a hard time picking up the sams...i hear the warnings, both tone and verbal, but i am failing to locate the sam...using the RAW gear i know the direction the sam launched from , but i am getting the old 6 blown off..Thanks..enjoying this game...also, if it matters, i have installed all the updates .......The reason i turned the resolution so low on the grapics is to maybe speed things up...No joy there....
It looks like a problem due to your hardware, can you go to 1meg of ram? can you go to 256meg vid card? because the settings are low you won't see the sam's smoke plume or trail and when there are a lot of 'objects' on the screen, your vid card slows down as well as the game hence the choppy look, if you were able to upgrade your vid card and ram things would really get better.

What speed is your processor? Flight sims are among the most CPU-dependent titles that one is likely to encounter.

Another thought, 512 mb of RAM is marginal, at best, when running any of the SF series that have been patched to the most recent level. You'll find that upgrading to 1 GB of RAM will net you a noticable improvement.

Of all of TK's sims, WOV is the most prone to stuttering and choppiness in my experience. You would benefit from an upgrade to 1 GB of RAM more than anything else, I think.

What about a sound card? onboard or seperate?

Hell I have an uberbeast for a PC but an old audigy 2 for sound and the SAM calls every 5 seconds eat away performance. I can only imagine what its like for onboard sound.

What about a sound card? onboard or seperate?

Hell I have an uberbeast for a PC but an old audigy 2 for sound and the SAM calls every 5 seconds eat away performance. I can only imagine what its like for onboard sound.

Sound Blasters have a reputation for being PCI-bus resource hogs.

WOV is the one that gives me the most problems in running. I think the processor speed is also an issue, mine is currently at 2 gig and I still have problems when a lot of stuff is going on. I've had to dial down the graphics to keep performance up, especially with hi-res terrains.

currently running a P4, 2ghz, 512mg video card (nvidia7600), 1.5g ram. It still chunks at high loads.

when I put my older nvidia5500 in my daughters computer, with a 3ghz, 500meg ram, it ran other games smoother than my computer does. So the clock speed does have an enormous impact and 2ghz is probably a minumum and too slow for high res.

:(

Well until i get the added ram here's the plan...fly high until close to the target and then dive on it..that ought to give the sams plenty of time to lock on....but hey, this is the fun part...how to make things work and still not get shot down.........i guess i'll give up on the low altitude approach.....thanks for all the help..... :good:

Well until i get the added ram here's the plan...fly high until close to the target and then dive on it..that ought to give the sams plenty of time to lock on....but hey, this is the fun part...how to make things work and still not get shot down.........i guess i'll give up on the low altitude approach.....thanks for all the help..... :good:
This might help, turn your radar off air to ground so it wont have to track all those ground objects, you can still find targets of importance by cycleling thru back or forward with the "E" button or however you have set to cycle forward and back.

Another thing you can do is get a decent paint program and open each aircrafts textures and reduce the size of each .bmp to 512x512 or 256x256. Some of the addon aircraft have large textures and that is a big frame rate killer.

actually, one of the things that slows it down in WOV (in particular) is all the SAMS that can lock on at long range. The higher you go, the more stuff is shooting at you and the slower the frame rate as a result.

go real, looooooooooooooooooow

:biggrin:

actually, one of the things that slows it down in WOV (in particular) is all the SAMS that can lock on at long range. The higher you go, the more stuff is shooting at you and the slower the frame rate as a result.

go real, looooooooooooooooooow

:biggrin:

and have the AAA rip you to small shreds lol :biggrin:

88 sucks

Hitler is dead

Your brain needs an update

P.S. For thoses that don't know, 88 is a neonazi code/number that means "HEIL HITLER" (The 8s stand for the eighth letter of the alphabet, with HH standing for Heil Hitler)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

/wiki/Heil_Hitler

So, are you implying that my 1977 Oldsmobile Delta 88 was paying homage to Adolph Hitler? I think not.

P.S. For thoses that don't know, 88 is a neonazi code/number that means "HEIL HITLER" (The 8s stand for the eighth letter of the alphabet, with HH standing for Heil Hitler)

HEY YUO FANCY ALLIGATOR LIZARD MAN STOP GIVE AWAY SECRET CODE!!!!!!!!!!!1111!11 :fuk:

Might I inquire as to the purpose of that post, Aligator Devil??? It added nothing to the discussion, albeit historicaly interesting

Keep it on topic

Wrench

kevin stein

HEY YUO FANCY ALLIGATOR LIZARD MAN STOP GIVE AWAY SECRET CODE!!!!!!!!!!!1111!11 :fuk:

Can it be? Yes, it is infidel known as "Der Grosse Hosen Sheiser".