Sign in to follow this  
Shin_kazama

i think i overdone it, no sound in cockpit

i think i did something wrong,

when in cockpit view, i couldnot hear anything, but i hear the engine noise when i look to the sides.

how to undo it?

Have you played with the engine entries in the Soundlist.ini?

In the soundlist.ini (Flight folder) check any engine/burner entries, especially last 3 lines (Default values in RED):

[JetEngine]

Priority=NORMAL

3DSound=TRUE

DopplerEffect=TRUE

Looped=TRUE

FrequencyControl=TRUE

NumBuffers=4

MaxDist=5000.00

MinDist=150.00

InsideConeAngle=300 360

OutsideConeAngle=360 360

ConeOutsideVolume=60 0

My settings:

Inside.....=300 - So when looking forward and to either side the engine noise is reduced just like being in a cockpit.

ConeOutsideVolume - This sets how loud the noise is inside the cockpit (0-100%) Leave at 0 when Inside/Outside are at defaults.

Have you played with the engine entries in the Soundlist.ini?

In the soundlist.ini (Flight folder) check any engine/burner entries, especially last 3 lines (Default values in RED):

[JetEngine]

Priority=NORMAL

3DSound=TRUE

DopplerEffect=TRUE

Looped=TRUE

FrequencyControl=TRUE

NumBuffers=4

MaxDist=5000.00

MinDist=150.00

InsideConeAngle=300 360

OutsideConeAngle=360 360

ConeOutsideVolume=60 0

My settings:

Inside.....=300 - So when looking forward and to either side the engine noise is reduced just like being in a cockpit.

ConeOutsideVolume - This sets how loud the noise is inside the cockpit (0-100%) Leave at 0 when Inside/Outside are at defaults.

I have the exact same problem and having checked all these things i have got back engine sounds and missile growls (at last) but i dont have any radio messages, the subtitles appear but no sound, please help as this makes the game a bit dull