Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Enhanced Explosions 2

Enhanced Explosions 2

UPDATE 8.03.2008

v2.01

-included missing 23mm.tga and pinky.tga used by 23mmobjecthiteffect -thanks to Canadair for finding it

-included flareflash.tga, available in separate fix download

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a major update and extension of my "Enhanced Explosions" effects pack.

If you've been using original Enhanced Explosions, you know what to expect -Hollywood style cinematic explosions, created to give TK's sims

a blast. Also I still enjoy old "Jane's ATF" very much, and I missed some of it's spectacular fire in the sky lately.

New stuff included is mostly about ground strikes and various air2ground weapons effects.

Hi

thx for sharing your amazing work

i got a question : everything goes fine with your mod but the flare effect

i get some kind of square instead of what i can see on the picture any idea about what goes wrong?

Hi galoub....

And everyone else

nobody's perfect. And I thought I did tested it pretty well...

It's due to missing flareflash.tga file. I'm now uploading it here as a quick fix. Extract it into your Effects folder

Sorry for this guys!

Very nice!

I especially like the flares :good:

Guest Saganuay82

I don't know about anyone else but.........

I find the aircraft fire smoke kinda short and it seems slightly orange all the way through.

The oil fires are huge flames but the smoke doesn't go very high

These effects are great; they really add something to SFP1. Thanks CA.

Edited by Tristan

Saganuay82 -yes, the smoke is kinda dark orange, but thats the particle color fading/transparency problem. It could be darker/gray, but then the fire glare would be shorter. I thought it looks nice at low light level such way. I will continue to experiment with this.

As of burning oil smoke -you did put the particlesystem.ini included to your Flight folder? Anyway I hope it will be higher and black in update :wink:

Guest Saganuay82

Particle system, yes. Everything else seems to be working so that should be working.

:good::good::good:

Absolut fantastic work again!

It,s a blast.

Thank,s.

the fuel tanks bur for too much time, i think it should be replace for the Oil fields.... and if is possible, put the smoke effect growing up to atmosphere(the oil tanks)

=)

Edited by Silverbolt

Silverbolt, both new fires (fuel and oil tanks) have the same burnout time.

EDIT: Burnout time is over three times than in default ones

Yes, I'd like to have knowledge to do an atmosphere growing black smoke columns:-)

Maybe in next release.

Edit No2:

Saganuay82, Silverbolt, and anyone that thinks the oil fire doesn't go high enought:

Here is an example of burning oil tanks with columns of black smoke reaching 11.000 feet above ground

(screenshot taken in JSF_Aggie's Harrier Campaign 2.0 -if you don't already have it, go on and download it, cause it's amazing piece of work)

BUT the down side is rather big frame drop at the moment (having a lower-end sys here). AND bare in mind, the way effects are scripted, it's also used by some other structures as a "destroyed" effect... Having an empty aircraft shelter giving such fire would be quite disturbing to younger viewers :biggrin: ... Yes, it can be changed to other one, but requires one to change some entries in every and any terrain ini...

Edited by CA_Stary

Guest Saganuay82

Nope, doesn't do that for me. The flames are big and thick and only go maybe 500 ft or a bit more up. My smoke mod went up probably as high as yours but didn't have the flames built into it.

Then again I added almost all of the pack in other than anything to affect my flares and a few others. Getting hard to pick out what one wants in the game now.

EDIT:

Ran a test flight for a pic. Smoke is peaking out at 1730 ft?

img00053-1.jpg

Edited by Saganuay82

I'll balance it to reasonable high -somewhat below cloud level. 11 thousand feet smoke is nice to watch for few times, then it starts to annoy me.

And Saganuay82, youre right, the flames in 11 angels version are waay to high at the moment.

Update will include a bit different plane fire/smoke. I'm also reworking medium bomb effect as the 2.0 version ain't the best.

Edited by CA_Stary

How do i install this package? I am a noob to WOE modding and don't know how to install these. (I read the read-me)

I just put everything into the Effects folder... Is that what i was ment to do???

extract files from this zip into temporary folder

copy all files from "graphics" folder to yourinstallation/effects/

now pick up the effects you want (descriptions above) and copy them to yourinstallation/effects/

*** not the complete Folders, copy the files in the effects folder ***

If asked, overwrite existing files

Finally copy particlesystem.ini to your flight folder.

OK I did that except put the Particle System intot he Effects folder i will fix it and see if it works.

CA_Stary Have you tried redoing the nuke effect I would love to se what you could come up with. These effects are number 1 thanks for your hard work.

For some reason the SAM trails are screwed on my system with included particle system.ini; Whta happens is that I see booster effect and then the sam has no trail.

By replacing the particle system backed up everything is fine

Now my question is, what a I losing out of your explosion addon by NOT using the particlesytem.ini you included?

Edited by atrdriver

Atrdriver:

It simply doubles the values of maximum particles drawn on screen , from 512 to 1024. It's not a big think in fact, but by raising the value with ini provided or by (even better) doing it yourself, you are sure , everything looks ok -I use a lot of SCATTER type emitters in my packs, which are spawning a lot of particles.

But generally you don't loose anything.

Mad Mike:

yes, but as for tactical ground explosuin I'm not satisfied with it right now. However, aerial nuke explosion for Genie is ready, but being a part of someelses project, I was asked not to release it until that work is complete (or can I Saganuay?) A hint for you would be to look inside my personal album :wink: