Sign in to follow this  
DoctorQuest

Wing Commander Saga

Not sure how many WC fans are around here but this is a project I'm helping with that looks to be very good when it's done. It's based off the Freespace 2 engine and will be completely free.

http://www.wcsaga.com/

It will be a while until it is finished but the devs try to keep everyone up to date with progress reports.

Heard about this a while ago (quite a while ago in fact) I was looking forward to see what you guys are coming up with! Can't wait to get into a furball with an Excalibur or a Hellcat! Sad to see what happened to the B5 crew...

Ah... FreeSpace 2 and its campaigns and total conversions... :biggrin:

I was making a campaign named "Steadfast" for that beautiful game, but unfortunately since I started uni I stopped working on it (but there are other 2 persons that will finish that campaign).

Speaking of WC Saga, the 2 released demos are very beautiful (even if I'm not a WC fan), and there is a modeller who is releasing additional models for it. You can find them here.

Sorry for the double post, but the WCS team released a Wing Commander 4 demo. Look here :biggrin:

Hey, I have WC4! Great thing. Bought some years ago for five pounds packed with Darklight Conflict.

Gonna try the demo now...

Thought this was a total remake of all games.. not just WC3. But I'm d/ling it right now..

Falcon

Thought this was a total remake of all games.. not just WC3. But I'm d/ling it right now..

IIRC, WCS is not based on any game or novel. It is set between the novel "Fleet Action" and WC3. But thanks to FRED 2 (the FreeSpace 2 mission editor), everybody can make complex missions. When I was in the FS2 community, I tried to make some missions, and I can say that the editor is quite easy to use, so it's very likely that somebody that is not officially in the WCS team will release remakes of the games.

I thought I should give everyone a heads up. The Wing Commander:SAGA team has relesed a final trailer for "Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn" which includes the game's release date.

You can read more on the site at the WC:SAGA website. Recent articles of interest are the "You are cleared to launch, Wing Commander" about the trailer, "Campaign With a Twist" giving a breif commentary about what to exspect from the campaign, and "'Let's Play' - Khan's Darkest Dawn" about a lets play video of "The Darkest Dawn" campaign's first mission.

As one of the Beta Testers for Wing Commander Saga I will say that Wing Commander fans are in for a treat. If you are not a WC fan or have never played Wing Commander but like the Space Firghter Combat games like FreeSpace, X-wing, TIE Firghter, and Starlancer I highly recomend that you give it a try once it is relesed.

If you don't want to wait till the end of the trailer for the release date then click below.

The Game's release date is 3/22/12.

Definitely keeping my eye on this...have played all the WC series since the very first one...

FC

I never played the Privateer ones, but I played the regular series as well as Armada...which was a major screwup. My favorite was WC3, followed by 4 and then Prophecy. That had the best graphics and gameplay, but the worst story and FMV.

The Wing Commander Saga release is less than 40 minutes away. Here is the new Wing Commander Saga: Launch Trailer.

It may play like it somewhat, but with a totally different universe/backstory I'm not sure how close it will ever be.