Sign in to follow this  
superraven

how to improve AI in all this games?

Hello people, thanks for answer that i got on my last question, now i have new one.i just try to formulate it.

When i began to play in wings over wietnam, i installed it, patched all the need , and run as american fighter. All was ok, next i sat up migs cocpit and fly as commy. I saw that computer pilots very good operate anti-aicraft missle, but they not good in using guns stile fight. Most of aicraft in WOV is missle armed, so this fact in not so striking, but in any case it is unpleasantly.

Next i downloaded this fine korea mod, and upgraded over WOV. All the aicraft in korea is gunarmed only. The game runs normally but it’s absolutely uninterestingly to play for me. I shot down all the enemys all the time. AI abosolutely cannot conduct gun-dogfigting, it only can conduct missle dogfight. AI pilots is not very aggressive, they not doing hard breaks an so on. it cannot shoot enemy planes when they are on the runaway. It just fly and shoot very badly. I switched all parameters to hard. I changed in nation.ini PilotTrainingStandard to exelent for everybody. I changed in aicraftobject.ini DogfightNovice and next as DogfightAce. All is useless. The AI is dull, especialy when i flying mig 15 against americans. I alone can kill the whole enemy flight, untill the guns are empty. This is just a mockery.http://marcfighters.combatace.com/

Ok, next i bougt and installed First Eagles. Absolutely the same things. I even didnt play it. Not interisting. Some days ago i patched it the last patch version. And here it is! The AI is more improve. It fights very better, and the game in now more interisting. So the question:

What should I do to improve gun-dogfihgting in WOV/mods over it (like Korea mod)? What is the course the AI is not so cool with guns as with AAmissles, or maybe my version of game has a bug (it’s fully patched now), or what?

Usually i play in IL-2/pearl harbor, and i got into the way of hard AI. May be anybody can help me? To improve gun-dogfihgting of WOV AI at least like in patched first eagles?

Guest Saganuay82

Did you add the UBER AI mod avail here for download?

we all hope that the next patch/game will brought us the ai improvement of FE patched, so we'll see

Am i the only one who can't find that....

Guest Tazkiller
Hello people, thanks for answer that i got on my last question, now i have new one.i just try to formulate it.

When i began to play in wings over wietnam, i installed it, patched all the need , and run as american fighter. All was ok, next i sat up migs cocpit and fly as commy. I saw that computer pilots very good operate anti-aicraft missle, but they not good in using guns stile fight. Most of aicraft in WOV is missle armed, so this fact in not so striking, but in any case it is unpleasantly.

Next i downloaded this fine korea mod, and upgraded over WOV. All the aicraft in korea is gunarmed only. The game runs normally but it's absolutely uninterestingly to play for me. I shot down all the enemys all the time. AI abosolutely cannot conduct gun-dogfigting, it only can conduct missle dogfight. AI pilots is not very aggressive, they not doing hard breaks an so on. it cannot shoot enemy planes when they are on the runaway. It just fly and shoot very badly. I switched all parameters to hard. I changed in nation.ini PilotTrainingStandard to exelent for everybody. I changed in aicraftobject.ini DogfightNovice and next as DogfightAce. All is useless. The AI is dull, especialy when i flying mig 15 against americans. I alone can kill the whole enemy flight, untill the guns are empty. This is just a mockery.http://marcfighters.combatace.com/

Ok, next i bougt and installed First Eagles. Absolutely the same things. I even didnt play it. Not interisting. Some days ago i patched it the last patch version. And here it is! The AI is more improve. It fights very better, and the game in now more interisting. So the question:

What should I do to improve gun-dogfihgting in WOV/mods over it (like Korea mod)? What is the course the AI is not so cool with guns as with AAmissles, or maybe my version of game has a bug (it's fully patched now), or what?

Usually i play in IL-2/pearl harbor, and i got into the way of hard AI. May be anybody can help me? To improve gun-dogfihgting of WOV AI at least like in patched first eagles?

The will be a New F-86 Sabre/ MiG-15 upgrade package release in the near future. Totally new aircraft behaviours to challenge even the best of pilots.

Projected release date , as soon as possible, Thanksgiving at the latest.

With the New Korean Terrains aviable as payware, plus the community offered freeware modifications, one is able to build a top notch flight simulation using the strike fighter series.

Hallo pilot superraven :yes:

I am not english man, so be stoical.

OK. You have prob with enemy skill. You have too many kills.

Do you want suicide missions?

I have scrappers Red swarm campaign installed (get it HERE! <--------link)

Try add some flyable Mig-21 squadrons (take a look into knowledge base, how you can do that).

I have squadrons with Mig-21PF, PFM, MF versions added. You can try Su-17, Mig-23BN mod by nele, etc. I am flying for Czechoslovak air force. ALL SETTINGS ON HARD (no radar display in the right corner, no red squares around targets, no external views in the figh - no necessary).

I can not survive!!! I HAVE NO KILLS (no many). I CAN NOT LAND. I AM SHOT DOWN BY EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE, AND EVERYTIME OVER THE ENEMY TERITORY SKIES.

If you do not want to learn how to improve campaign, there is Irak vs Iran campaign with flyable Mig squadrons in the download section (MK2s campaign IvsI get HERE! and there is new quick update, get it HERE! )

DO NOT FORGET: HARD SETTINGS!!!

I tried IvsI and there were hard dogfight.

It is possible that the others campaigns on hard settings are similar hard. Mig-21PF/PFM has not got flares and chaffs dispensers, so be carefull :rolleyes:

Mig-21PF is a gunless bird. You have two R-3S or two RS-2US missiles for air to air missions. That is all...

Man, I say TRY! And there is no multikill problem for you next time :bye:

Edited by kukulino

Yeah,I noticed that too.

A plane only shoot at you when you´re flying 100% straight.

In other therms,when you´re a flying target that even a unguided rocket could hit you.

Also,most of the rocket era planes aren´t so aggressive,maybe almost relaxed.

The only threat are the modern planes like F-14,F-18 and ground fire

Does that works for all planes and games (WoV,WoE,SF)?

superraven,

I purchased First Eagles several months ago, and like you, was very disappointed with the difficulty and the AI. Have not yet tried any other Thirdwire games yet.

Ask Peter01, his FMs for FE make a more deadly AI.

Before i used his FMs i was an unbeatable ace but now i get usually shooted down by that damned flying circus !!!

Just recently installed the new FMs by peter01, and this is true. The AI are just excellent, very capable, and annoying issues such as the AI having difficulty flying the planes proficiently seems to have been eliminated too - stalls, odd circling behavior and a few other things.

And, hope I'm not stepping on any toes, but the flight models seem several cuts above what was previously available, including the stock ones.

The game has been transformed for me. Very highly recommended.

Edited by extremeone

Guest Saganuay82

Look for the new MiG17 FM that came out. Give that a whirl.

thanks everybody for your advices, i'm now trying them all. by the way, i'm sorry for my bad english, I am not english man too.

There are several things you can do to enhance the AI's dogfighting capability, but keep in mind that it only effects those AI aircraft that are actually engaged in a dogfight. In other words, strike aircraft that are egressing an area will not be effected in any way, shape, or form.

If you're still interested, here's a video I made six months ago, of what's achievable via a few judicious tweaks. It's a dogfight between AI aircraft (an Su-27 and an F-22):

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...si&img=2777

Nevermind

Edited by Sgt.KAR98

And, before anyone asks about the video, let me introduce you to our new Combat Ace spokesman:

post-230-1192469178.jpg

And, before anyone asks about the video, let me introduce you to our new Combat Ace spokesman:

post-230-1192469178.jpg

Now this is just too funny!! :rofl:

post-230-1192469178.jpg

I wonder where Bob has been hiding since the turned himself over to the government. Is he on loan or lend lease type of thing?

I wonder if ole Bob realizes what he's gotten himself into this time? :blink:

I wonder if ole Bob realizes what he's gotten himself into this time? :blink:

Well maybe someone instead could explain one day this f-22 thing.

I mean there are plenty of things I can't have for a reason or another

Including the one "I made it for me and friends" which, is more than reasonable

I would just like to know

Have a reason

Bob is good. Bob is grand. Why didn't we hire Bob before Iraq?

Ace pilot, John "Flaming Chickens" Smith, goes up against what he's been led to believe, are easy, non-maneuvering and non-aggressive AI MiG-15s. Or, are they really?

I have a capital idea. Lets Find out! VIDEO LINK

And, remember what Ivan "Smokey" the Bear says "Only YOU can prevent forest fires....try not to shoot too many MiGs down over wooded areas" :rolleyes:

Well maybe someone instead could explain one day this f-22 thing.

I mean there are plenty of things I can't have for a reason or another

Including the one "I made it for me and friends" which, is more than reasonable

I would just like to know

Have a reason

It was explained like 10 000 times m8 you just have to watch, read, maybe make a search or two :wink:

Anyways, every ~10 nanoseconds somebody asks for F-22(and some others but Raptor is leading the way :biggrin: ) and every time, the same answer is given - it's not ready AFAIK because we have no avionics functions for it to be modelled properly. You may not agree with that and would take it as is, but that's how the guy(s) that made it think and it's only decent to respect that :good:

Those with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong...

As for AI, the day I stop painting the damn tiles I might notice they are too easy to shoot down, but when it comes to guns only I can really hold my own due to my huge IL-2 expirience, currently I just noticed they turn quite a lot and rarely use the vertical and some evasion tehniques, but the bastards never forget to pull in a sharp turn just as I finally get the lock with AIM-9B's :rofl:

I haven't really noticed a problem with the AI; those bastards will start flinging missiles and bullets at me left, right and center every chance they get, no matter what energy state or angle or manouver I'm in! I may have installed the uber AI, but I can't recall and odds are I have if the normal AI supposedly only fires when the target is in a straight line return flight.

Some days ago i sat up UberAI V2.0 by Fubar512 to WoV-Korea mod. What to say? It became a few better, and that is all and nothing more. And LookoutAngle- DefensiveAngle=360 i made by myself before, and this is not very helpful. Today i had to clean VisualRestrictedArc – MaxVisibleDistance in all planes data.ini, so they now more informed and more often are trying to evade gunfire. But AI in any case is dull. I downed 2 panthers in 2.2 minutes from they were visually cheked. The most stunning thing is when flight leader is dead, remainings are flying absolutely straigt rout to home. Bang-bang-bang- and you are ace! I think i will not buy next thirdwire games. I’ll spend my money and ‘ll get the same. Firstly they should make WoV AI to figft normally, i don’t trust them. They released a servise pack and a patch for the Wov, what they patched there i don’t now, but i don’t like it. I downloaded a lot of vietnam war/korea war objects, read a lot of russian/english books about these wars to know about this planes and tanks and so on, sat them up, tuned them, and all this things, chiefly i spent a lot of my time. And now i learned that i should place it in the trashbag and should buy a new their game where probably all will be ok, and i will be do all that things again and so on. i think they are to fix WoV and all their previous games first. There is so few simulators of vietnam war, when the new will appear? What the hell should me do with the WoV now?

Anybody knows all meanings os AIRCRAFTOBJECT.INI-[AIData], all this AileronDeltaRoll and AileronRollRate and so on? can they help?

About video: i preferable get advise, not video, trafic is not cheap for me.

First Eagles is now much better, yeah, this is true! it seems to me first eagles will be more liked by me.