Sign in to follow this  
column5

You have to love these guys...

I was browsing the First Eagles forum at SimHQ and came across this:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...570#Post2353570

So let me see if I understand...

Forum traffic is down a bit so the sim is dead?

These guys have no sense that their sim is but a small cog in the ThirdWire machine. What I mean by that is that First Eagles will be affected by the same trends as all of the other sims in it's family. For five years now we've seen that the enthusiasm for these sims ebbs and flows as new patches, mods and new games are released. These guys don't know what a drought is like--some of us lived through the 1-year dust bowl between Strike Fighters patch 1 and patch 2. That was some real Grapes of Wrath s**t, with every other post on SimHQ being some negative crap about how the sim was dead and lomac was going to rock the world.

:dntknw:

I have a list of things that I want to do/try with my Thire Wire sims that I'll never have the time to get to. There is just so much opportunity with this series that I can't see it ever being "dead". I've noticed a couple of new people using the board who have just discovered the series recently. If they are anything like me, it's going to take them a little while to figure out how things work, and then they will be off doing their own experiments and projects. Just because there isn't any forum traffic doesn't mean things are dead. I do something that involves these sims EVERYDAY. Whether it's just checking the forum, playing the game, or trying that new mod I've been thinking about.

I can't really foresee these sims ever really being "dead". There is just so much that can be done with them that I could never tire from just fiddling about with them.

The SF series is alive and well.... :yes: and the biggest part of SF online family is here at CA... :good:

Reports of the demise of SF have been greatly exaggerated...

ohhyea.... "the waiting for SF patch 2".... that was fun .. LOL :grin:

Perhaps they need to man up. ;)

cryboys.jpg

the open architecture that allows people to develop mods of all types is what makes this an absolutely fantastic sim and what will keep it going. The third-party add-ons are absolutely fantastic in many cases. Some of the all-inclusive mods rival the stock releases (being dependent of course on the game engine and upgrades). the different teams working on aircraft and the add on terrains, campaigns, missions, etc. are generally first rate pieces of work. I predict that this will be around for a long, long time!right now, everyone is holding their breath for the next in the series. That is hardly a drought or loss of interest. those other guys sound like deranged political party or movement declaring that "the debate is over" long before it is...... :wink:

Perhaps they need to man up. ;)cryboys.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :rofl::haha::good:

HAAAHHHAHAHA you should have edited the top text to be "From the same people that brought you rivet counters and Luftwhiners"

What's a "Luftwhiner"?

If I have the story right, there was a cadre of very vocal whiners who made a big stink about the flight models of the German aircraft in IL2 being substandard. I believe they claimed that Oleg Maddox, being Russion, had puposefully given the German aircraft poorer performance that the Russian aircraft.

I don't know about that, but I do take issue with the back-flipping the 190s and P-47s do in Il-2. Doesn't matter how gently you pull back on the stick, they do it once the angle of attack exceeds far too small a value. You can watch combat footage of them strafing and pulling out, but don't try it in Il-2 or you'll wind up inverted and hitting dirt.

Not to make this the Ubi zoo but any specific types of the FW or P47? Have not experienced this ever, in any rendition of the il-2FB games..

Nobody has replied to this thread in the past 20 minutes..........

IS THIS SIM DEAD......... :wink:

(I just couldn't resist)

I'm called a Luftwhiner and damn proud of it :wink:

If I have the story right, there was a cadre of very vocal whiners who made a big stink about the flight models of the German aircraft in IL2 being substandard. I believe they claimed that Oleg Maddox, being Russion, had puposefully given the German aircraft poorer performance that the Russian aircraft.

Actually that's a very small group of not so vocal people, that just found a few WTF's in German planes and actually dared to say that publicly, those that are vocal are the ones that throw anykind of BS possible on us, because they don't like that issues to be brought up.

BTW the above claim about O.Maddox is most often made by P-51 whiners

Yes I'm a big, BIG, B-I-G Luftewhiner on UBI :fans:

Thats right, Column5. I´m a IL-2 pilot, usually 190 pilot, and you can call me a Luftwhiner too in fact. But as said not only Luftwaffe aircraft are "unterplanes", p-51, P-47 and so are also very bad modelled. And I´m convinced Oleg do it consciously... A claim too is the bad visibility in Fw190 cockpit, clearly fake with a "thing" covering the Revi!!

Sorry for the offtopic, but as I´m a Luftwhiner... :biggrin: .

S!

Edit: Brain32, you write while I was also!! XDD ;)

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

I make no value judgement against Luftwhiners. They might me right...

:biggrin: Raw nerve?

BTW...that post at SimHQ was really just one of the (The sim will remain nameless. No sense is starting a Forum flamefest) fanbois trolling the FE forum. Seems they think because the same half dozen crusty and dusty old forumheads like to "hear themselves talk" day and night, and that makes their forum more "active", that is some sort of "gauge" of their sim's worthiness. :rolleyes:

:biggrin: Raw nerve?

BTW...that post at SimHQ was really just one of the (The sim will remain nameless. No sense is starting a Forum flamefest) fanbois trolling the FE forum. Seems they think because the same half dozen crusty and dusty old forumheads like to "hear themselves talk" day and night, and that makes their forum more "active", that is some sort of "gauge" of their sim's worthiness. :rolleyes:

Ah I see, I guess I have been snookered. :rofl:

Edited by column5

Guest Alligator Devil

I readed something similar in another WW1 sim forum.

Or even worse !

But they forget to say that their mod is for the worst flight sim ever (blame Bill Gates for that)

Guest Saganuay82

Hard to do CPR on a corpse I guess.

Alright I must know. What the hell is a rivet counter?

Guest Saganuay82

Somebody who is so anal about accuracy in game models that they go so far to count rivets on the skins or the placement of some small antenna.

Well if SimHq is the measuring stick, SF must be dead also.

What sux about the whole thing is the fact these people think that SimHq or any forum for that matter gives them the right to spout off to get attention. Stormtrooper if you are reading this......my advice would be to do your mod thing and put your ex US Army combat boot straight square in their ass. :biggrin:

Not to make this the Ubi zoo but any specific types of the FW or P47? Have not experienced this ever, in any rendition of the il-2FB games..

Heck if I can remember, but it seems to be all of them from what I remember (I don't fly either very much anymore). Although these planes were renowned for their ground attack abilities, I find I couldn't use them for that because of the snap-roll to inversion (never 90 degrees or 270 degrees, ALWAYS 180) when I pulled back on the stick. I'd be in a say 20-30 degree dive, pull on the stick, and before I was level it would roll over inverted so I was still pointing at the ground and I would then hit before I could roll over 180 again and pull back. :(

I also noticed then if I tried to turn at altitude, but there it was rarely fatal.

The funny thing is I never noticed this tendency in any of the other planes unless I REALLY yanked the stick back. It's like you can make a Hellcat do it if you try to pull say 6g's, but the P-47/Fw190 did it to me when pulling like 2-3!