If there is any modders out there interested I have a 3ds model of the SR71 Blackbird availble that I don't have the skills or time to take any further that I will willingly donate in the hope that we can see it flying in the near future in Woe or WOV.

Lazboy

Lookin out for this bird :king:

Here are a couple of pictures of the model so far but I need a proper modeller to take it further and finish it off, I have gotten it flying in WOE with a test FM etc. but for some reason that I haven't figured out as yet it flys backwards!!

Lazboy

post-27199-1192981628_thumb.jpg

post-27199-1192981656_thumb.jpg

but isnt google Sketchup?( the softwar you used to model it)

Sure looks like google sketchup!

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

I mean to 3d max exist plugin to open sketchup file. or no?

but, how to import it to SF format using sketchup?

Don't worry only used Google Sketchup to take the screen images the model is in 3ds format and I have already exported it into LOD but for some reason that I haven't been able to fathom it insists on flying backwards which is probably down to the jury rigged

flight model that I am currently using rather than the model itself.

Lazboy

I mean to 3d max exist plugin to open sketchup file. or no?

Having experimented with Sketchup quite extensively I can report that it will allow you to open and modify existing 3ds files and create and save models to 3ds format but will not accept the TH Exporter, so the only way still to export a model to LOD is from within 3d Max.

However as a free piece of software I find it fine for playing around with models on my laptop when I am away on business and don't have access to my home PC.

Lazboy

Guest capun
Don't worry only used Google Sketchup to take the screen images the model is in 3ds format and I have already exported it into LOD but for some reason that I haven't been able to fathom it insists on flying backwards which is probably down to the jury rigged

flight model that I am currently using rather than the model itself.

Lazboy

Luke Use the ThirdWire Exporter Notes :)

All modders, specially new modders, should have ThirdWire's Exporter Notes handy as a reference. I think they are in the Utilities sections with the old exporters.

In your case, most likely the model is not oriented properly in the 3DS Max world and/or the pivot points are not set to the World Orientation. My guess is that it is not properly oriented

Luke Use the ThirdWire Exporter Notes :)

All modders, specially new modders, should have ThirdWire's Exporter Notes handy as a reference. I think they are in the Utilities sections with the old exporters.

In your case, most likely the model is not oriented properly in the 3DS Max world and/or the pivot points are not set to the World Orientation. My guess is that it is not properly oriented

Thanks Capun for the heads up it did turn out to be the orientation and now she flys straight and true. I blame too many late nights and not reading the Exporter notes, but I am finding modding as addictive as actually flying in WOE.

Lazboy

Cool! This will be neat to fly in the game, even if there isn't much to do in a recon mission (other than dodging SAMs and outrunning MiGs...lol).

Edited by USAAF2

If there is any modders out there interested I have a 3ds model of the SR71 Blackbird availble that I don't have the skills or time to take any further that I will willingly donate in the hope that we can see it flying in the near future in Woe or WOV.

Lazboy

Ummmmmm, what is the maximum speed in your SR-71??? :dntknw::biggrin: