Sign in to follow this  
BUFF

Raptor Rusting ...

Hmm. Whats next? F-35 gundoors won't open? Super Bug pylons are falling off? Germany delays the Eurofighter again? Funny how they said uber.

You must construct additional pylons!

I thought the Super Bug already ran into a problem with something in the wing which cuts into its airframe life. Not sure how far along troubleshooting is going on that.

$50,000 per plane? No big deal, they spend more than that on office chairs.

I still say the Raptor owns all.(Well beside the Su-37)

It owns that too.....

It owns that too.....

I presume that would be becuase there are no Su-37s anymore? The one we all know ,love, and hate, "711" crashed. The others were brought back to Su-35 standard.

I got so many vids of Su-37 demos and pics too. One day when I learn how to model (and when TW updates the engine) ill make a model in YELLOW and desert colors...one day...

I presume that would be becuase there are no Su-37s anymore?

I'd say it has more to do with the fact that the -37 can't see the Raptor...can't shoot what you can't see; maybe once it was WVR...while the Raptor could loose an AMRAAM what 40 miles from the -37 without being noticed? That's pretty good ownage there.

Edited by Caesar

I'd say it has more to do with the fact that the -37 can't see the Raptor...can't shoot what you can't see; maybe once it was WVR...while the Raptor could loose an AMRAAM what 40 miles from the -37 without being noticed? That's pretty good ownage there.

Pretty much, even in a knife fight all those little air show tricks the Su-37 could do would get him killed in a dogfight. Most and I say most, of those maneuvers required him to slow down and that my friend will kill you every time in a dogfight.

Also all those little airshow "tricks" are done with near empty fuel tanks and no combat load out or drag.

Yeah, but they make me smile, clap my hands, and jump up and down.

I suppose if the F-22 pilot did THAT he would indeed get shot down. :wink:

not surprising, regards the corrosion issue...that it made it into the media is the real problem