Sign in to follow this  
Redddevil911

Being down sized!

Today is my last day, I am being let go! The company has decided to use a cheaper outside vendor over keeping all work in house! It still has not hit me yet, I still got up this morning shaved, showered put on my suit and sat in morning rush hour traffic to make it on time. Tomorrow I think I will sleep in just a bit, before trying to find a new job! So I say this SH!T, the job market sucks, and I can't get my wife to relocate again ( she would kill me and and place my freash remains in a hole in the back yard). So who knows maybe I can find work pushing carts at the local market, lord knows that little old man can do it! And I know I could take him in a cage match!

Today is my last day, I am being let go! The company has decided to use a cheaper outside vendor over keeping all work in house! It still has not hit me yet, I still got up this morning shaved, showered put on my suit and sat in morning rush hour traffic to make it on time. Tomorrow I think I will sleep in just a bit, before trying to find a new job! So I say this SH!T, the job market sucks, and I can't get my wife to relocate again ( she would kill me and and place my freash remains in a hole in the back yard). So who knows maybe I can find work pushing carts at the local market, lord knows that little old man can do it! And I know I could take him in a cage match!
Well good luck to you and just be glad you don't live out here in California were the job market is VERY tough, plus we are on fire here in southern cali.

Man that sucks, I'm sorry you have to go through that. Outsourcing another way to screw the common folk. But just look at it this way, it is temporary, you never know what better things are around the corner.

My suggestion is if your wife likes the finer things in life...oh like eating, lights, and water, she should do whatever it is necessary. If not she can always work two jobs and you can stay at home. You have to do what you have to do to make it and do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Edited by ironroad

Maybe you can get a job with the outside vendor (assuming they're also local, which does happen sometimes)? You may take a pay cut, but at least you'd still be working.

I feel your pain. Work in my household has been spotty for the past 7 years. At least you're still young, my father has been outsourced for years and can't get another job, nobody is going to hire a 59 year old IT project manager with 20 years of experience. They cost too much, they assume he'll retire shortly and ****ing mumbai and beijing will do the job at a tenth of the cost and quality.

Oh but our economy is wonderful! the stock market has never been higher, unemployment is only 4% and we're seeing unprecedented economic growth! Can I please have what some of these economists are smoking?