Sign in to follow this  
Bananimal

New A-4C Skyhawk Skin Packs coming soon!

Hi peeps! I posted this over at SimHQ so I figured I'd do the same over here. There's still some work to do on the tanks as I'm not happy how the textures look on the ones included in the sim. Crab_02 is working on a fix for his aircraft and we'll see how things go once those are released.

To wet your appetite here's some screenshots of the new birds!

rt.gif

bb.gif

sl.gif

bh.gif

Here's two more for you. VA-86 Sidewinders and the VA-112 Bombing Broncos. I redid the Bombing Bronco Squadron by accident because for some reason I thought the one in the game didn't have the yellow stripe so you'll have two of them. I think this one looks better than the default one.

I hope to have 5 more done this evening.

bmbb.gif

sw.gif

And here's two more I just finished. Both are of VA-106. Not sure if they were both Gladiator squadron AC or not. The one with the green striping is circa 1958.

I'm going to get two or three more done tonight and I'll post some pics.

gl.gif

gl2.gif

Very nice work!!! Lots of detail. They will look good in my hangar. Will be looking forward to downloading them.

Damn those look good!

Here's another from VA-15 VALions. Just finished it about 5 minutes ago. Finally got the textures as good as they're going to get on the tanks for now. I'm off to paint another. I'll post it in a little while!

val.gif

How 'bout them Valions!

I wasn't with VA-15 when they had Skyhawks, but did spend three years with them, fixing Corsairs.

I was trained on A-4s at NATTC Millington, TN though. Winter of 1972 to Spring of 1973. AME School.

NavyChief

:P You are doing great work on the A-4's. You indicate you were not happy with the textures of the drop tanks. Well, ever since this sim came out I have had a problem with the profile of the drop tanks, primarily with the exagerated elongation of the nose of the tanks. :cry: In actuality they were more "blunt' than depicted in the sim. I guess it would take someone with modeling skills to accurately replicate the A-4's tanks. I have a print of the profile of the tanks if someones has the skill to modify the ones in the sim. Not sure how the profile that came out in the sim varies so much from the real tanks as I sent that data to TK while the sim was in development. Hey, I'm not complaining mind you. :D I am tickled to death that he included my VMA-121 Green Knights A-4's. Really enjoyed the time I spent on those birds. Take care and watch yor 6. Semper Fi!! Chief

Ok, this one took a while. Mostly due to the complexity involved in lining up the textures on the tail. And did I mention that the fuel tanks are a pain in the ass to skin? This one os one of my favorites so far.

Introducing the famous VA-192 Golden Dragons....................

gd.gif

Well, I thought that I'd be able to knock this one out in about two hours. Turns out it's taken me a total of 16 hours and I still have to paint the belly and underwings. Once that's done I'll be weathering it. But that's going to be the fun part. This model is stunning clean! I can't wait to give her that dirty old working gal look!

Once this one is completed I've got more to do! Hope you guys like'em when I release them. I'm going to do several more E models and I will be releasing them. shortly there after. I'll release them in packs of model number. B, C, E. I need somewhere to host these. Column5 would you be interested?

Check out the air intake ducts. I modified the texture to give it that deep funnel look.

agg.gif

agg2.gif