Sign in to follow this  
Major Lee

Commercial Add-ons?

Commercial Add-on purchase  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Have you purchased a commercial add-on for the SF series?

• No
    • Yes, a 3rd party add-on
    • Yes, an offical 3rd Wire add-on
    • Yes, both 3rd party and 3rd Wire add-ons
  2. 2. Which is most important to you in a commercial add-on?

• New flyable aircraft
    • New AI aircraft
    • New terrain map
    • New ground targets
    • New campaign
  3. 3. What add-on would you most likely purchase...

• A New Map
    • A New Aircraft
    • Flyable Cockpits for "AI" Aircraft
    • A New Campaign
    • An Enhancement for an existing map

I would potentially pay for any high-quality mod as long as the price was reasonable. I think that the biggest opportunity for payware mods is in the area of new maps. With notable exceptions such as DBS, there are very few high-quality maps available for the game that include custom tiles, good city and target layouts, etc.

I would potentially pay for any high-quality mod as long as the price was reasonable. I think that the biggest opportunity for payware mods is in the area of new maps. With notable exceptions such as DBS, there are very few high-quality maps available for the game that include custom tiles, good city and target layouts, etc.

I agree. A ton of a/c are available in the community, but good quality maps/terrain aren't as common and would definitely be something I would pay for.

+1

I would pay for a campaing if i did not have to edit any .ini files or use some extractor to do some other thing or create another install, just download and play!

The question is, why do I have to pay for a light sim like this .. it`s a great playground but not a "Sim" I will pay for Blackshark and coming addons! It`s worth the money! It`s a whole and ver complex Sim with nice grafic and very cool gameplay .. not to compare with SF wich I love from the first install! I own SF, VOW and WOE and will geht WOI but I wouldn`t pay for Addons for this "game!"

I will pay very well with funds that I misappropriated while in employment of Iraqi government under Saddam for model of flying eels that spit flames and electricalcity bolts at infidel's planes and objects of ground.

I would pay large sums of money for a sim where we can go and play with Baghdad Bob's MiGs that are buried in the sand :lol:

If any improvements are made and released then I will buy them - particularly to terrain features - I bought Hitiles for F4-AF and Edwards Euro Terrain for WOE which both vastly improved the sim for me - however for WOV I prefer Deuces free repainted tiles which look amazing IMO and there is nothing better at the mo - same goes for his SF desert repaint.

I have bought every single YAP mission because the amount of work and care required is above and beyond - and there is nothing out there commercially in any other sim to get anywhere near it - and of course the 60's era is where this game excels.

The F-16 nose is something that is obviously hard to replicate in a 3D model - I will see how Thirdwire do in Wings of Isreal - which I ordered yesterday

:beta1:

Apart from that good campaigns must be worth paying for - even if they vastly improve stock ones.

I will pay very well with funds that I misappropriated while in employment of Iraqi government under Saddam for model of flying eels that spit flames and electricalcity bolts at infidel's planes and objects of ground.

Do you prefer the fire and bolts coming out of the mouth or......well.......the other end of the eel? :biggrin:

The F-16 nose is something that is obviously hard to replicate in a 3D model - I will see how Thirdwire do in Wings of Isreal - which I ordered yesterday

I think the Mirage Factory got it perfect if you ask me, and for that matter so did wpnssgt.....

+1

Hmmm...

The SFP1 series is a survey sim, which by definition permits you to enjoy flying a variety of aircraft.

I have purchased everything released by Third Wire and every 3rd party add-on which adds new aircraft since I want as many quality flyable aircraft as possible.

To me, there is no difference between adding new flyable aircraft and adding cockpits to make AI aircraft flyable.

Beyond the flight model, the most important part of any flyable aircraft is that which you see the most while flying it: the cockpit.

I have LOMAC and Flaming Cliffs and had hoped this series would continue to expand as it had started as a Flanker sim but over time added the Fulcrum, Frogfoot, Eagle, and Warthog. Black Shark won't get $1 from me because no matter how good of a sim it may or may not be, I have no interest in flying a Black Shark. I would have bought Black Shark if it had remained part of LOMAC to get any enhancements it would have provided to the sim engine. If the DCS series ever gets anywhere and produces aircraft that I want to fly, then I will buy the appropriate modules. But I bet they won't get much further than the A-10 and AH-64 before they decide to create a new series incompatible with previous work (if the progression from Flanker to LOMAC to Flaming Cliffs to Black Shark is any indication).

An interesting statistic from the poll results so far is that 50% or more are willing to buy addons. I am sure that if 50% of everyone that owns 1 or more Third Wire jet sim would purchase an addon that was equally compatible with all of the jet sims, that TK would be happy with those kind of sales. I think a solid MiG-17/MiG-19/MiG-21 addon complete with campaigns and missions could be that product, but obviously from the linked post at Third Wire, TK disagrees with me.

I think the Mirage Factory got it perfect if you ask me, and for that matter so did wpnssgt.....

Hmm you are talking to an F-16 junky though so I do see things others wont notice - the MF model is very good - but at certain angles I do notice differences particularly when I was mapping the nose cone lines for some skins last year - its not far off though!

Guest Sony Tuckson

well, I agree the model ain't perfect, but having looked at it so closely for so many hours, it kind of escapes me

Could you give precise infos on what needs to be updated?

well, I agree the model ain't perfect, but having looked at it so closely for so many hours, it kind of escapes me

Could you give precise infos on what needs to be updated?

I think he is talking about the shape of the nose... which is nothing he could really tell you.

I am not an F-16 junkie, so I wouldn't notice a subtle variation (or any variation since I rarely have installed or flown it).

But I suspect, that he is as sensitive to shapes on the F-16 as I am on the F-4 and F-15.

Do you prefer the fire and bolts coming out of the mouth or......well.......the other end of the eel? :biggrin:

Out of the mouths, of course. That is, unless they are the experimental, heavy water eels. In their case, I would assume that, in addition to fire and lightning from mouth, they would also spray radioactivity from the "other" place.

USAF of MTL, what is that terrain you post in images? It somehow seems familiar.

Hmmm...

you're doing great painting job it's clear, until then, only a small number of terrain get more than that, i mean a complex layout (described above by column5) with for exemple trees and so on

The dbs terrain

Operation tainted cigar

The suez terrain

these 3 ones are the most elaborates ones (some other like, falklands, and DS and a revamped version of iran/irak seems to come)

and we clearely need more (that's why i hope that tk will add some terrain features to make the modder's work in this area easier)

ps: i forgot the YAP objects who made wov far more interesting than it was at first (and to be honnest wov+yap is what wov should have been at first)

(...) I think a solid MiG-17/MiG-19/MiG-21 addon complete with campaigns and missions could be that product, but obviously from the linked post at Third Wire, TK disagrees with me.

:yes:

I think he is talking about the shape of the nose... which is nothing he could really tell you.

I am not an F-16 junkie, so I wouldn't notice a subtle variation (or any variation since I rarely have installed or flown it).

But I suspect, that he is as sensitive to shapes on the F-16 as I am on the F-4 and F-15.

Well to me that equates to rivet counting, which is just ridiculous, and pisses people off. But I guess it's everyone's right to criticize.

you're doing great painting job it's clear, until then, only a small number of terrain get more than that, i mean a complex layout (described above by column5) with for exemple trees and so on

The dbs terrain

Operation tainted cigar

The suez terrain

these 3 ones are the most elaborates ones (some other like, falklands, and DS and a revamped version of iran/irak seems to come)

and we clearely need more (that's why i hope that tk will add some terrain features to make the modder's work in this area easier)

ps: i forgot the YAP objects who made wov far more interesting than it was at first (and to be honnest wov+yap is what wov should have been at first)

I didn't repaint it, that is the terrain master Deuces work.

I didn't repaint it, that is the terrain master Deuces work.

sorry for the confusion :blush:

Well to me that equates to rivet counting, which is just ridiculous, and pisses people off. But I guess it's everyone's right to criticize.

Is this accepted practice among infidels? A strange hobby, yes? Going to airfield and counting rivets on planes? How does one keep score? I count 8,346 rivets on MiG-25. Does this mean I win?

You infidels have most unusual pastimes.

sorry for the confusion :blush:

Oh no problem my friend. I should of said something earlier.....by the way that is the DS mod terrain.

I'm not against payware of any sort. I wouldn't want it to become standard practice for mods though, its already an expensive hobby.