A long time ago I zipped up the terrain stuff I had been working on for the area. The project stalled for multiple reasons. Anyone that wants to continue the work is welcome to have the files in the state I left them. My memory is short on whats in the zip but I'm sure it was a good start.

You can get the zip HERE

This is what it was looking like way back then

pakn.jpg

Very kind of you Eric. I am sure the guys will make use of this.

I would welcome your help. Ghostrider883 and cocas have volunteered to pitch in also. I have a quick campaign for the 71 war that I stuck together using the fiza'ya eagles Campaign by melassal, reverse-engineered so that it's flyable from the Indian side.

I am going to need some help, as I'm not so concerned with the actual course of the campaign or ground war, my intent is just to pit the various airplanes in the air with mostly historical skins, decals, and squadron numbers. And I definately need that tiger striped Mig-21!!

Can someone fill me in on what would be needed for a realistic Mig-21 that was flying in the 1971 campaign? How far off is the visual model of the Mig-21 in the game?

Me too,any help you need?

A long time ago I zipped up the terrain stuff I had been working on for the area. The project stalled for multiple reasons. Anyone that wants to continue the work is welcome to have the files in the state I left them. My memory is short on whats in the zip but I'm sure it was a good start.

You can get the zip HERE

This is what it was looking like way back then

if dont mind i can finish it

Edited by cocas

Deuces,

Thanks for the help. cocas has had some experience with terrains - and all that end of the design is all greek to me. I'm the textures/decals and now a little 3D - kind of guy. Thanks very much. With the help of some of the community we might be able to get something going here!

Mike

And,we need a MiG-21FL.

BTW,have any folk got a MiG-21PF/PFM 3D file? Maybe just a small change...

cocas - I'm fairly certain I have the texturelist.ini from that set backed up. Send me a pm if you need it as there are multiple unique tiles in the terrain.

cocas: when you get the texturelist ini, send me a copy too!!!

eric: if you see this, can I have a copy too please???

EDIT:

Mike, if you want to carry on with this, I can ask the admins to create a seperate forum, that's password protected, just like we did with DS and like what marcfighters has.

That way, you can pretty much say or do anthing you want (within reason...they deleted all my p0rn from the DS mod :sorry: )

I d/led it a bit ago,and flew some quick missions. It will definatly need some hand tiling in some areas, so cocas --this is important-- ONLY use the SF terrain editor, as this is a 'desert tile' map. It has a great look to the mountains!!!! It'll also need some cleared off "airbase" tiles surrounding the, well, airbases! I've a couple, and there's few in the d/l section that are 'desertery'

I've already updated the data ini to the latest post-patch style (using data from teh SF desert_data.ini).

Also, attached are some new planningmaps I just made for it. they just drop in over the originals; these are in all 3 sizes.

wrench

kevin stein

cocas: when you get the texturelist ini, send me a copy too!!!

eric: if you see this, can I have a copy too please???

EDIT:

Mike, if you want to carry on with this, I can ask the admins to create a seperate forum, that's password protected, just like we did with DS and like what marcfighters has.

That way, you can pretty much say or do anthing you want (within reason...they deleted all my p0rn from the DS mod :sorry: )

I d/led it a bit ago,and flew some quick missions. It will definatly need some hand tiling in some areas, so cocas --this is important-- ONLY use the SF terrain editor, as this is a 'desert tile' map. It has a great look to the mountains!!!! It'll also need some cleared off "airbase" tiles surrounding the, well, airbases! I've a couple, and there's few in the d/l section that are 'desertery'

I've already updated the data ini to the latest post-patch style (using data from teh SF desert_data.ini).

Also, attached are some new planningmaps I just made for it. they just drop in over the originals; these are in all 3 sizes.

wrench

kevin stein

i flow over it a fewe times its great terrain tiles are beatifull and i got then on medium computer issues.

Got it! Thank you!

I've flattened the airfields, and added a few of my "special tiles" (ie: empty 'grass field' for use around airbases). The runways will have to be moved, in some cases, to match tile positions.

Also, some of the transitions will need redoing, as they don't seem to match eatch other (farm/towhathaveyou) In the screenie below, you can see I messedup on the grassfield-farm 50 and 75, so I'll need to redo those. you can see what I mean about the straight edges on transitions.

also --very important!!!-- the 'sides' are switched in the india_nations ini, as opposed to the game's main Nations.ini. You need to swap Enemy/Friendly in the main Nations.ini (extract it from the flightdata.cat, if you haven't already),

Pakistan=ENEMY

India=FRIENDLY

this will prevent the InAF flying from Paki bases, and versa vicea

wrench

kevin stein

edit: looking at this shot, methinks another 6 -9 transitions might be needed .. grassfiel/mountion, grasfield desert, etc .. 3 each 25/50/70 tiles

Got it! Thank you!

I've flattened the airfields, and added a few of my "special tiles" (ie: empty 'grass field' for use around airbases). The runways will have to be moved, in some cases, to match tile positions.

Also, some of the transitions will need redoing, as they don't seem to match eatch other (farm/towhathaveyou) In the screenie below, you can see I messedup on the grassfield-farm 50 and 75, so I'll need to redo those. you can see what I mean about the straight edges on transitions.

also --very important!!!-- the 'sides' are switched in the india_nations ini, as opposed to the game's main Nations.ini. You need to swap Enemy/Friendly in the main Nations.ini (extract it from the flightdata.cat, if you haven't already),

Pakistan=ENEMY

India=FRIENDLY

this will prevent the InAF flying from Paki bases, and versa vicea

wrench

kevin stein

edit: looking at this shot, methinks another 6 -9 transitions might be needed .. grassfiel/mountion, grasfield desert, etc .. 3 each 25/50/70 tiles

for your help and work wrench thanks a lot

heres the movent.ini that i mod and its stils not working

Cocas

Edited by cocas

Kevin,

Thanks for the offer for a special forum area, but I think we're getting along between the PMs and using regular E-mail for larger files transfer.

I'm fairly well along with a new Mig-21FL (Type 77) that is based on bpao's work. When finished, it will need new textures since I can't reproduce the Third Wire mapping techniques. Hope to have it finished in a few days (the 3D part that is). I still need to PM bpao to find out what permissions I will need to release it here - it is not an official Mirage Factory effort as it will not have a special cockpit or their special touches, just a cobbled together visual model with only me to blame for any detail mistakes.

Thanks for the help with the terrains by the way, I really appreciate everyone's pitching in - it is not my area of expertise, that's for sure. AS I said before, I'm no campaign builder - I'll be just happy to fly these 60s vintage fighters against each other.

Mike D.

If its mapped the same as TMFs, you can ask bpao if they'll shoot you the templates. Or (and this is much more work), if the mapping stays the same, generate 'home-made' templates off the original skin. I've done this LOTs of times.

I still need to do up a bunch more tiles; I've got (almost) all the sea sea/land transition tiles converted/edited/adjusted so the water effects are working. I missed a few, and it looks funny....Repositioned some airfields last night, so they're in the center of the cleared zones. I still need to look at the cities themselves; there are no TOD with buildings, trees, etc. Some of these lower slopes would be covered with forests, at least in a few pictures I saw yesturday in researching Indaian army mechs.

The MOUNTAINS!!!! are just spectacular!!!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Just make sure that all of the airfields and cities are all in the correct places...No, I'm just kidding!!!Considering that my original little campaign took place on the SFP1 desert map, this is just outstanding! I appreciate all the effforts of all you guys - scenery stuff is way beyond me.

I saved the Mig-21 mapping for wings, stabs and such, but since the fuselage and vertical tail changed so much, those will be remapped. I have trouble getting good results with cylindrical mapping, so I'll break it up somehow into planar maps somehow. I'm still tweaking details though. After downloading so many photos off the Net and checking out the two Squadron-Signal Mig-21 walk-around books (highly recommended) I need to fix a few more details. I'm trying not to get bogged down in TINY details, but I don't want to give everyone a piece of $#%& either. I think the speed brakes (at least the forward ones) need to be reshaped, and once I do that I'm thinking that the animations will probably be fouled up for them. I may need some help from someone...I can create parts with no problems, but making them into an AIRPLANE is quite another story...

THanks,

Mike D.

Dman! I don't have the walkarounds on pdf in my collection; I have the 'fighting colors' for the Fishbed, if that'll help. Disrecall if it has any Indian AF stuff, though.

also, chek PMs guys

btw, which map ARE we workin on??? I used deuces...

wrench

kevin stein

ps: mike, I'm going to sticky this, so it don't gets lost, then edit out all the unnecessary BS posts, to keep in on track, if that's ok with you.

1965 campaign would be good addition or the operations of F-16s over the years in the first Afghan War 1979-1989

I'm really pleased that there is enough interest in this project that it's actually coming together. I could use the fighting colors on the Mig-21 - can you post me a link? I was able to obtain one of the -21 walk-arounds on pdf from the MF's private forum, and after seeing it, I had to hit the local hobby shop for a real copy of both parts 1 and 2 - very good reference sources. (I had a copy of the fighting colors and the -21 in action long ago but they were destroyed in a cellar flood - I'm slowly replacing some of the books and mags I lost). Also looking for scans of the Air International articals on the 71 war and India and the Mig-21 - can't find the issue.

Thanks for everything guys.

I'm really pleased that there is enough interest in this project that it's actually coming together. I could use the fighting colors on the Mig-21 - can you post me a link? I was able to obtain one of the -21 walk-arounds on pdf from the MF's private forum, and after seeing it, I had to hit the local hobby shop for a real copy of both parts 1 and 2 - very good reference sources. (I had a copy of the fighting colors and the -21 in action long ago but they were destroyed in a cellar flood - I'm slowly replacing some of the books and mags I lost). Also looking for scans of the Air International articals on the 71 war and India and the Mig-21 - can't find the issue.

Thanks for everything guys.

Mike,

Let me know if you are looking for anything specific. I have a quite a few books on the IAF. I can scan some relevant pages and send them over to you.

Do you happen to have that Air International issue about the 71 war? In the same issue was an artical on "India and the Mig-21" that I remember. If I can get the issue number I can try to dig it up a real copy somewhere on the Internet perhaps.

Thanks

Do you happen to have that Air International issue about the 71 war? In the same issue was an artical on "India and the Mig-21" that I remember. If I can get the issue number I can try to dig it up a real copy somewhere on the Internet perhaps.

Thanks

No, I don't. But may be this will help:

IAF MIG-21s at War

Let me put together a list of aircraft that participated in the wars

1965 War

Indian Air Force

Dehavilland Vampire FB.52 - pasko

Dehavilland Vampire NF.54 - N/A

Dassault MD-450 Ouragan - pasko

Dassault Mystere IVA - ajunaidr

Folland/HAL Gnat F.Mk.1 - Marcelo

Hawker Hunter F.Mk.56 - Armourdave

English Electric Canberra B(I)58 - ajunaidr

English Electric Canberra B66(B.2) - ajunaidr

English Electric Canberra PR.57 - N/A

MiG-21F Type 74 - Mirage Factory

MiG-21PF Type 76 - howling1

C-119G - Monty_CZ

AN-12BP bomber IAF- TW/ ghostrider883

C-47 - capun

B-24J Liberator - pasko

Lockheed Super COnstellation - capun

Indian Navy

Hawker Sea Hawk FGA. 6 - bunyap

Breguet Alize - N/A

Pakistan Air Force

F-104A/B Starfighter - ajunaidr

F-86F-35 Sabre PAF - Zurawski/howling1

B-57B/C Canberra- ajunaidr

RB-57 Canberra - ajunaidr

T-33 Shooting Star - pasko

C-130B Bomber - TW/ghostrider883

C-47 - capun

1971 war

Indian Air Force

Dassault Mystere IVA - ajunaidr

Folland/HAL Gnat F.Mk.1 - Marcelo

Hawker Hunter F.Mk.56(Mk.6) - Armourdave

Hawker Hunter F.Mk.56A (FGA.9) - TW

English Electric Canberra B(I)58 - ajunaidr

English Electric Canberra B66(B.2) - ajunaidr

English Electric Canberra PR.57 - N/A

MiG-21FL Type 77 - mppd

Su-7BMK Type S-22 Fitter - howling1

HAL HF-24 Marut Mk.1 - capun

C-119G - Monty_CZ

AN-12BP bomber IAF- TW/ ghostrider883

C-47 - capun

Lockheed Super Constellation - capun

Indian Navy

Hawker Sea Hawk FGA. 6 - bunyap

Hawker Sea Hawk Mk.100/101 - bunyap

Breguet Alize - N/A

Pakistan Air Force

F-104A/B Starfighter - ajunaidr

F-86F-35 Sabre PAF - Zurawski/howling1

Canadair Sabre Mk.6- Zurawksi

Shenyang F-6A - Crab_02

Dassault Mirage IIIEP(E) - Mirage Factory

Dassault Mirage IIIRP - N/A

B-57B/C Canberra- ajunaidr

RB-57B/F Canberra - ajunaidr

T-33 Shooting Star - pasko

C-130B Bomber - TW/ghostrider883

Almost all a/c are available for the game. N/A represents Not available

Edited by ghostrider883

good list!

I know there's an IAF skin for the oragon somewhere (or decals at least), AND there's my home-grown 1024x1024 templates in the Salvadoran version I just uploaded, so the rez can upped.

I also have a home made template for ADs Hunter, if anyone has a need of it.

Been fiddling with the Paki F-6; tried to get the pylons mounted via the 'fake pilot method', but it didn't work -- or at least I couldn't fiddlate the positions correctly, so I upgraded the pylons to a 0 strength jammer, and mounted them the 'old fashioned way' as a weapon; as originally done.

I also upgraded the NM skin from my 1024 templates. I'll get a screenie up later today.

As to weapons, GR mentioned all the nationalized versions in the bunypak; if you all want, I can start assembling them folder fashion for the postpatch world. I've already run that whole install trhough the patch5 level weapons editor, so they'r pretty much set.

wrench

kevin stein

Ok..been working on creating a seperate stand-alone Indo-Pak install for WoE (for the last 5 hours)...been collecting aircraft, skins and one thing bothers me...

Where the heck is the Toofani skin!!!?????

I distinctly remember seeing one 4 or 5 years ago.....

also, updated howling1s Su-7BMK to full post-pacth levl, and added the Fitter pit by boopidoo (?) It's MUCH better now!!

Ground objects are going to be interesting, as they will need 'nationalization' for probably both india and pakistan -- which is just a few simple ini edits...but finding what year which Sherman variant was used is gonna be a job of work!!

oh, and the Vikrant seem to be missing from the d/l section ...

For the seahawk 101 (with the Ekco radar pod), how do you all feel about using the F-86D pit to 'stand-in'??? Since it's radar equipped and all

also, is there more information about early 50s PAF stuff??

btw, the B-24J is by Pasko

wrench

kevin stein

good list!

I know there's an IAF skin for the oragon somewhere (or decals at least), AND there's my home-grown 1024x1024 templates in the Salvadoran version I just uploaded, so the rez can upped.

I am pretty sure I did this skin(No.29 Sqdn "Scorpions") long time ago for Pasko's Ouragan. I don't remember where I had uploaded it :dntknw: .

72_1.jpg

Been fiddling with the Paki F-6; tried to get the pylons mounted via the 'fake pilot method', but it didn't work -- or at least I couldn't fiddlate the positions correctly, so I upgraded the pylons to a 0 strength jammer, and mounted them the 'old fashioned way' as a weapon; as originally done.

As to weapons, GR mentioned all the nationalized versions in the bunypak; if you all want, I can start assembling them folder fashion for the postpatch world. I've already run that whole install trhough the patch5 level weapons editor, so they'r pretty much set.

wrench

kevin stein

May be a dedicated Indo-Pak weapons pack? The F-6 pylons were there in Buny's pack as well.

Edited by ghostrider883