Sign in to follow this  
Corktip_14

New Razbam AD-6/7 skins

Using Mppd's template as a base, I've worked on those two skins lately:

A redone VA-145 AD-6 with correct Nose numbers (in the 5xx range):

va145ou3.jpg

A pack of VA-196 'Main Battery' birds, during one of the 'Bonnie Dick' cruise, with correct nose numbers too (6xx range):

va196bk5.jpg

I'll finish the VA-25 birds and will upload the pack as soon as it's done.

Skins look great - can't wait for a copy!

Mike D.

Thanks guy!

Here's a little news:

VA-25 AD-6 crossing the path of a Mig-17 while performing a CAS mission:

va25sx4.jpg

Much needed! Can't wait. Are those the stock pilots? If so mine are missing. :ph34r: CL

Much needed! Can't wait. Are those the stock pilots? If so mine are missing. :ph34r: CL

Hello Charlielima,

Sorry, but no, those aren't the stock pilots, those are the ones that come with YAP, and I repainted this one with a VA-145 helmet scheme.

As far as the first AD pack is concerned, it should be out really soon. I'm working on the 577 plane of VA-25 that shooted down one Mig-17, trying some changes with decals, and it will be ok. I should release it next week or so.

BTW, does anyone knows what were the nose numbers of VA-25 aboard USS Miday? It seems they're all in the 57x or 58x range.

Edited by Corktip_14

Bitchin' I was wondering if You were going to do VA-25 also since I am a FOTF fan (FOTFOTF? thats a moniker up for grabs). The pics I've seen out there show both 57X and 58X numbers. Check http://www.midwaysailor.com/midway1960/1960flightops.html

And http://www.midwaysailor.com/midwayva25bomb/index.html for the special weapon. Someday I'll bug wrench for one. I like to show the Migs in my screenshots. :ph34r: CL

Guest Saganuay82

The pilots should come with any of RAZBAMs A-1s so if you buy the plane you will get the pilot. You don't have to buy YAP.

Guest Saganuay82

Did you get the pilot sorted out CL? Which package did you buy? YAP or the A1s?

Hi Sag,

I have to disagree, those are the YAP pilots, not the stock Razbam ones.

Guest Saganuay82

It doesn't matter if you agree. It just was never stated what the pilot was. If it was the pilot made by RAZBAM and came with the original A1 from RAZBAM and sold in the YAP package or if it was the new pilot that YAP had made to replace that pilot.

That being stated or a close up of the pilot would have solved that probelm, whatever problem there was.

It doesn't matter if you agree. It just was never stated what the pilot was. If it was the pilot made by RAZBAM and came with the original A1 from RAZBAM and sold in the YAP package or if it was the new pilot that YAP had made to replace that pilot.

That being stated or a close up of the pilot would have solved that probelm, whatever problem there was.

There's no problem at all, just discussing here. I stated in my first answer to charlielima that it was YAP's pilot with a skin I've made, not the stock Razbam's. And you're true about a little screenshot, so I think this little picture will be worst hundred words:

VA-145 pilot based on Diego's model in a Mig-Killer A-1H (VA-25, I know, but I hadn't made a pilot for it yet):

va145pilotqw6.jpg

Guest Saganuay82

Yes then there is Stock - Thirdwire, Stock - RAZBAM and Stock - YAP.

Pictures go far.

VA-25 birds are done!

Numbers runing from 570 to 589, including full correct markings for the 577 "Mig Killer" bird.

va25sr8.jpg

The pack will be available in a couple minutes folks!

Edited by Corktip_14

Hey Dave!

Thanks for the offer! In fact, I was greatly inspired by your decal placement for the tail codes and the nose numbers for this pack. Using the F-104 tail code was pure genius!