Sign in to follow this  

I have yet to purchase a joystick and am haing trouble controling the plane using the mouse. I set the controls to mouse x and y for pitch and yaw, but lets say I pull back on the mouse to pull up, The stick pulls back only 5-10% and then gitches back to 0 as if something else is contorling it and setting it to 0. Any one have any suggestions?

I have yet to purchase a joystick and am haing trouble controling the plane using the mouse. I set the controls to mouse x and y for pitch and yaw, but lets say I pull back on the mouse to pull up, The stick pulls back only 5-10% and then gitches back to 0 as if something else is contorling it and setting it to 0. Any one have any suggestions?

No offense, but if you're using a mouse, how would you know that you're pulling back only 5-10% deflection on the stick? Are you sure you're not pulling so hard, that you're experiencing stall buffet?

I am only guessing, I am just trying to get a point out that if i try to move the stick, it always goes back to 0. I cant even pitch the plane. The stick constantly goes to 0. somthing is messed up with the ini file

Edited by lnxmad

What settings are you flying (Easy/Medium/Hard), with what plane does this happen, and at what speed and altitude?

Okay, nevermind the settings, your problem is that you're flying with the mouse. I just took a whack at it...no go. If I were you, I'd use the keyboard arrows as a sub until you get a stick, 'cause there's no friggin way to dogfight with a mouse.

Its not like that, Those arent the variables. The roll and pitch seems to be controlled by something other then the mouse. When i move the mouse to the right, I see the stick move some to the right but as soon as i stop it goes back to the center. I can only get the stick to move 10-15% either direction i move it then it centers and starts moving again. So i get this weird glitching back and forth from the stick. It always wants to be centered

There is nothing wrong with the mouse, I fly FSX and f/a-18 Operation desert storm and I can manage both extremely well with a mouse.

Evidentally not with SF/WoV/WoE. The mouse control apparently does recenter every time, so I'd say go keys for now.

well its not just pitch and roll. I set my throttle control to the mouse scroll and i scroll up to 20% and it shoots back down to 0 almost instantly. There has to be somthing I can do.

Well, I'm not sure what to tell you. Until 15 minutes ago I've never played the game with a mouse; sticks and even game pads, but not the mouse, and it doesn't seem to handle the mouse in a favorable fashion. The game doesn't have a problem when the mouse is used for the camera control zoom with the wheel, but as for the throttle, I have no idea why it doesn't handle it in the same way.

its really to bad. This game has much potential and just because of the fact I have no money for a joystick(which I want) I cant play it.

Try with the keyboard, it actually isn't half bad; offers good control that's guaranteed to work. That's how I played before I got my stick.

i guess ill give it a shot =\

I've sent you a PM about a used stick I'm willing to give up.

Have some thing to INVERT axis of mouse control?

If me pull back the mouse, my plane go down...

I need to invert this. Any idea?

I've sent you a PM about a used stick I'm willing to give up.

I'm also willing to give up my very worn but still capable stick.