Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alligator Devil

Life and Death on the 46 Squadron

Guest Alligator Devil

Have somebody tried the RAF 46 Squadron from the Operation Michael campaign ??? (Camel 130)

It's a good example to show how the allied planes killed the same quantity of allies than the german planes.

(The planes explode on the airfield before they take off - another campaign bug)

MementoMort.jpg

Edited by Alligator Devil

Guest Charles

I haven't tried 46 Sqn, but I am well into the Op. Michael campaign flying a Camel (130) in No.4 Sqn AFC, and I haven't found any problems with aircraft exploding on airfields (except when I strafe them, that is), or with the airfields generally.

The new Camel I find to be an exceptional dogfighter, and a great aircraft to fly (you need that little AutoTrim fix posted elsewhere here, but otherwise it is the stock Expansion Pack Camel I am using.

Guest Alligator Devil
I haven't tried 46 Sqn, but I am well into the Op. Michael campaign flying a Camel (130) in No.4 Sqn AFC, and I haven't found any problems with aircraft exploding on airfields (except when I strafe them, that is), or with the airfields generally.

The new Camel I find to be an exceptional dogfighter, and a great aircraft to fly (you need that little AutoTrim fix posted elsewhere here, but otherwise it is the stock Expansion Pack Camel I am using.

You should try RAF squadron 46 from Operation Michael (The planes are below the ground so they explode before you can do anything)

Or RAF squadron 24 from Operation Michael (They use a DFCW5 instead of the SEa5)

Or France Escadrille 89, 90 or 100 from any of the two Verdum campaigns (CTD - their airfield doesn't exist)

Guest Charles

Hmm....It looks like there is a problem with the level of the Le Hameau Aerodrome in the Cambrai terrain. The squadrons which are based there (46RAF with the Camel, and also 64RAF with the SE5a, in the Op. Michael 1918 campaign) start their missions either in the air and crash back to earth and explode, or start partly buried in the ground and explode.

You can fix this by editing the wwiE1Camp2_Data.INI to make the following changes:

[AirUnit007]

AircraftType=CamelF1_130

Squadron=46RAF

BaseArea=La Gorgue Aerodrome <-- change to this

[AirUnit010]

AircraftType=SE5A

Squadron=64RAF

BaseArea=Warloy Aerodrome <-- change to this

The two Verdun campaigns have an assignment for AirUnits 022, 023 and 024 to Rancourt Aerodrome, which does not exist in the Verdun terrain, and which causes a CTD if you select those units. You can fix this by making the following changes to the wwiCamp1_Data.INI and wwiCamp2_Data.INI files:

[AirUnit022]

BaseArea=Brabant-en-Argonne Aerodrome

[AirUnit023]

BaseArea=Vadelaicourt Aerodrome

[AirUnit024]

AircraftType=SPAD13

BaseArea=Pretz-en-Argonne Aerodrome

I can't duplicate your problem with 24 Sqn RAF in the Op. Michael campaign - it starts with SE5as for me, as it should, not DFWC5s.

Guest Alligator Devil
Hmm....It looks like there is a problem with the level of the Le Hameau Aerodrome in the Cambrai terrain. The squadrons which are based there (46RAF with the Camel, and also 64RAF with the SE5a, in the Op. Michael 1918 campaign) start their missions either in the air and crash back to earth and explode, or start partly buried in the ground and explode.

You can fix this by editing the wwiE1Camp2_Data.INI to make the following changes:

[AirUnit007]

AircraftType=CamelF1_130

Squadron=46RAF

BaseArea=La Gorgue Aerodrome <-- change to this

[AirUnit010]

AircraftType=SE5A

Squadron=64RAF

BaseArea=Warloy Aerodrome <-- change to this

The two Verdun campaigns have an assignment for AirUnits 022, 023 and 024 to Rancourt Aerodrome, which does not exist in the Verdun terrain, and which causes a CTD if you select those units. You can fix this by making the following changes to the wwiCamp1_Data.INI and wwiCamp2_Data.INI files:

[AirUnit022]

BaseArea=Brabant-en-Argonne Aerodrome

[AirUnit023]

BaseArea=Vadelaicourt Aerodrome

[AirUnit024]

AircraftType=SPAD13

BaseArea=Pretz-en-Argonne Aerodrome

I can't duplicate your problem with 24 Sqn RAF in the Op. Michael campaign - it starts with SE5as for me, as it should, not DFWC5s.

Thanks...

Is it possible to change the airfield altitude in the ini files ?

For the France units i choosed Remicourt Aerodrome because is a Verdum airfield with a similar name to Rancourt and maybe the bug is a typing error.

For the Michael campaign RAF 24 squadron...

There is a typing error in WWIE1CAMP2_DATA.INI

[AirUnit003]

AircraftType=SA5A

Guest Charles

I think the airfield altitude problem is a terrain-levelling one, which requires use of the terrain editor, and not just an INI file.

Any alternative airfield should work, so Remicourt is as good as any (icould be a typo, as you say).

And good catch on the typing error in WWIE1CAMP2_DATA.INI

[AirUnit003]

AircraftType=SA5A