Sign in to follow this  
jazz5150

(il)legalities?

It's pointless yes, I understand the concepts perfectly, we're simply looking at things from fundamentally different perspectives. I make no distinction between intellectual property as any different from real property. Property is property, electronic or physical. No, "Oh its electronic, so different rules apply"

I refuse to bow down to the DMCA and its legal pandering. I don't care what some corporate hack says, I bought the game, not a license to use it. Thats where we're getting hung up. You're treating it like it always remains theirs, I'm treating it like it becomes mine once I hand them the money and they hand me the game and it honestly doesn't need to be any deeper than that.

wow I am total lost now

I did not get the analogy

and sorry if i stepped on your religion or it's toes

did not mean to offend if I did

ideas are a nasty bit to work around we as house designers walk a narrow path when drawing our plans

are we copying frank loyd right if we design houses like his?

well they look like it out side

but the inside is different

but we are using his ideas 4/12 pitch roof hidden gutters large over hangs

and is a fork an idea or an invention?

if we draw a custom house for a client is the design ours or thiers?

we took their ideas and made them work according to building code zoning bylaw and construction

and when does it become public domain

I have done 3d models for patent applications and the client has explained some of it

but man it runs you head around

Edited by DaSpungie

You did not offend or step on my toes. You did make it clear to me that I had to explain more.

Because I work in IT, I know I am not really objective on the subject. I just wanted to know how others feel about it.

The views of JediMaster were not my own, but I can see the logic / sense in it.

Who's offended?

Nobody, DaSpungie thought he might have offended me with the first reply. He didn't.

The problem is as always the law is worded inaccurately and it gets used for a purpose other than originally intended.

Of course, without the internet we'd still all be using code wheels and manuals for CP on games and music and video would only be that which we or our friends own.

I miss the days of that simple CP. I remember one that was my favorite--match the silhouette with its name! As long as you knew your airplane types you didn't need to open the manual.

The problem is as always the law is worded inaccurately and it gets used for a purpose other than originally intended.

Of course, without the internet we'd still all be using code wheels and manuals for CP on games and music and video would only be that which we or our friends own.

I miss the days of that simple CP. I remember one that was my favorite--match the silhouette with its name! As long as you knew your airplane types you didn't need to open the manual.

My grandfather showed me a game from when he was a kid during WW2 in Yorkshire. You had to match the silhoutte of the "hun" aircraft to it's name. Obviously, it's design was for a purpose and my grandfather said that the kids he played with could ID planes , not just by their silhoutte, but by engine sound.

Edited by tank03