Sign in to follow this  
Mladuna

What's the status...

What's the status of these particular projects.

1. Falklands War (they got the black buck missions so what's holding up?)

2. NATO Fighters 3 (its going to be released around christmas, wright?)

3. Desert Storm (this one is probably early in the works, but if someone has some news on it to report it would be very nice)

4. Iran-Iraq overhaul (after the desert storm. If I read somewhere correctly?)

In any case I'm not yelling to hurry up I just want to know the status :good:

2. NATO Fighters 3 (its going to be released around christmas, wright?)

That's the current plan, but it won't be released before the next patch for WOE in any case.

My guess is these won't be out before WOI and it's associated patches for SFG, WOV and WOE.

couldn't tell ya about the thers, but

DS is awaiting new tiling (hopefully with rivers, which means quadruple checking of target placements, then adding bridges where needed)

Irain/Irag needs terrain flattening for moved/added airfields. I'd like to correct the area around Tehran, adding the sea, but that's above my pay grade (and skill level!) One major airfield is still misplaced, and need moving to correct position (the one closest to Tehran)

The campaing will need total rebuilding, as all the correct weapons have been created for both sides; all aircraft fully updated to latest standards.

Like they say, we're probably waiting on the next patch....see what changes to make more changes to adjust for the last set of changes that changed what was originaly not changed

Wrench

kevin stein

Regarding Falklands mod, I have to inform that I have just read on the SIMHQ forums that...

"this mod won't be finished before sometime in 2008 due to real life commitments."

Sorry for bumping an old topic but I just wanted to inform those who don't visit those forums.

Edited by Mladuna

Will there be rivers in the new Iran-Iraq terrain?

I'm going to guess that it will be the same as the DS terrain.

Will there be rivers in the new Iran-Iraq terrain?

The maps aren't perfect matches to each other...there's a lot more territory in the I/I map than the DS one...but I'm HOPEING to be able to re-use some of the newer tiles. But I kinda doubt it....it's another map that would need a total re-tiling, which in that case, I'd like to have the Caspain Sea added near Tehran (and move it's airport to the proper place)

In short, don't expect them. But if they do show...you'll be just as surprised as me!!! :biggrin:

Also, with the rebuilt I/I map, it'll probably have to be WoE onlly, as we don't have an aftermarket T-72...which the Iraqis were using along with their other tanks. We also don't have Chieftens for the Iranians...but perhaps a modified Leo might work (I've been using a Centurion as a sort of weaker stand in)...don't know yet....it's still a loooooong way off from completion/release

Wrench

kevin stein