Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Ki-43IIb "Oscar" Mod

Ki-43IIb "Oscar" Mod

Ki-43IIb Hayabusa "Oscar" For SF/WoV/WoE WW2: PTO installs

This is a modification of Wolf257's Ki-43 into the later version, the IIb as used by the IJAAF.

This is a semi- complete aircraft mod, creating a new version for use in your World War 2: PTO installs ONLY!!

I say 'semi-complete', because pursuant to Wolf's wishes, the aircraft LOD file is NOT included (you'll have to transfer it over from the exisiting Ki-43 --make sure it's Wolf's Ki-43, NOT ArmourDaves!!. Almost everything else is included; all the inis, an new skin, hangar screen and my damage tgas as well. The cockpit itself is NOT included, as you'll be using the one from AD's A6M5 Zero.

The skin represents 204 Sentai, in the Home Defense role circa 1944-to the end of the war. I've redrawn all the panel lines, added my 'interperative' rivet lines (meaning no claims to accuracy are made!), simulated fabric control surfaces and dirtied it up some. As this is a natural metal skin, it has no worn-off green camo. Individual aircraft numbers are 'best guess' based on a few profiles. Therefore, no accuracy is claimed for those as well.

PLEASE read the enclosed readme for fully detailed, step-by-step install instructions, plus commentaries and general explanitory notes.

Enjoy!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

A nice looking bird :biggrin::good:

Could you kindly advise please where one might find a PTO mod to fly it in ??

Everything WWII here seems to be either ETO or MTO (??) ...

Thx ....

Edward's Pacific Theatre maps, availabe here probably and possibly at AvSim as well

Solomons

china

bruma

phillipines

okinawa (including parts of korea & the home islands)

darwin (north Oz, plus parts of NEI)

I may be forgetting one somewhere....

Wolf's WW2 Planes Pak is here, which includes his original Oscar, needed for this mod. Also advised to get AD Japanese planes, as you'll need his Zeke pit. Both paks are rather large, but worth the d/l time. Belive me!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes, saw Edward's terrain over at Avsim.

Guess my question gets to locating some PTO mods/campaigns.

My fault entirely for not being more specific ... I knew what I meant :rolleyes:

Thx for the reply ....

Hmmm. . .

Anyone know what happened to Edward's Solomons campaign pak?

Seems to have gone from the d/l section?

Cheers,

baltika

Hmmm. . .

Anyone know what happened to Edward's Solomons campaign pak?

Seems to have gone from the d/l section?

Cheers,

baltika

I found his Solomons terrain pack over at Avsim, but not any PTO Campaigns,

Solomons or otherwise (??)

good work

thank you

but is it possible to have a 3 blade propeler please

the 2 blade are for KI 43I

Only in the data ini!!! I told it, in the engine section, that is has 3 blades :biggrin:

Unfortunately, we have to use the model as is; wolf only did it with the 2 bladed version (actually, so is AD's, but it has the correct exhaust position; the single large outlet on each side - mines only painted on!)

sorry, best I could do!!

Wrench

kevin stein