Sign in to follow this  
TexMurphy

Is it just me?

Seriously Ive not flown much sims at all for the last 6-9 months due to other RL intrests takin up time so I might be rusty as hell but I find FE:E1 to be quite hard.

Ive been playing the second expansion campaing (ace expanded version I posted in another thread) with RAF squadron nr 70 and Im finding it extreamly hard to stay alive and not loose the entire squad.

Tex

Seriously Ive not flown much sims at all for the last 6-9 months due to other RL intrests takin up time so I might be rusty as hell but I find FE:E1 to be quite hard.

Ive been playing the second expansion campaing (ace expanded version I posted in another thread) with RAF squadron nr 70 and Im finding it extreamly hard to stay alive and not loose the entire squad.

Tex

Similar story here. RL issues, etc. Picked up the expansion because I couldn't resist the Triplane. Straightaway I noticed the wingmen went after the enemy and the enemy did more than fly a 30-degree bank in front of me. Second mission of my Albatros campaign (flying with Jasta 11) I shredded down a Camel only to have the same thing happen to me about thirty seconds later. Camel came out of nowhere and suddenly I heard guns very close behind me--a quick look over my left shoulder and I saw a rotary engine and large cockades about a plane length behind me! He was slanting underneath, so I gave it left stick and rudder as I turned to face forward. His burst had done it, however, as by the time I faced forward my engine had quit and my wings were shredded. Thankfully, he let me glide down to a deadstick landing. He must've peppered me some, too, as I got a wound badge. Anyway, never had an AI anywhere near as aggressive as that in the original or patched FE.

I'm sure getting shot up/down a lot more than before. :blink:

Last night I took off with three of my squadron mates in my beloved Spad 7 and got into a furball with some Albatros D-Va's. Planes wheeling and falling amongst the clouds. I saw a Spad cross below my nose with an Albatros right behind him. I immediately dove after the Albatros, but just as I did another Albatros practically collided with me by crossing my nose so close I could smell what he ate for lunch. He had a lot of speed, but I knew the Spad could catch him, so I left Henri to his own devices and dived after this one. As I was closing I saw the distinctive green/brown camouflage and realized this was a D-III. Opps. We had been jumped by another bunch while in the furball and I hadn't realized it. Big mistake. The D-III following the first one had me for lunch. Fried Frenchman. Quite a delicacy, if you're a Hun.

This sim is truly addictive now. Sometimes I abandon the mission and fly just for fun, spinning down over some local French town, trying to pull out at the last minute over the church steeple to see how close I can get without packing it. I wish the bridges were just a little bit higher off the water. One of the things I loved the most about the old Red Baron 3d was that you could fly under them. My favorite was looping around a bridge.