Sign in to follow this  
drdoyo

As requested, Fingers Four and Diamonds

Ok first, this was a quick edit I did for a Blue Angels F/A-18 skin I started about a year ago. It is functional, but not cosmetically correct comm menu wise.

You may need the SFP1E Extract tool

here ======> http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=343

First look in your flight folder for the following files, if they are not there you must extract them from the FlightData.CAT file using the SFP1E tool.

You'll need the FORMATION.INI and COMMDATA.INI files to work on. Back up the originals if they are already in your flight folder. If you don't like the edited ones all you do is delete what wasn't in the flight folder to begin with and restore the backup of what was.

First the Formation.ini

these are the sections I edited

[FormationType001]

Name=USFighter

BaseLevel=2

Level[01].Name=Squadron

Level[01].Size=4

Level[01].Formation[01]=SqTrail

Level[01].Formation[02]=SqLineAbrest

Level[01].Formation[03]=SqEchelonLeft

Level[01].Formation[04]=SqEchelonRight

Level[02].Name=Flight

Level[02].Size=2

Level[02].Formation[01]=Finger-Four <==== new formation added to 1st formation key assignment

Level[02].Formation[02]=Diamond <==== new formation added to 2nd formation key assignment

Level[02].Formation[03]=Box

Level[02].Formation[04]=Arrowhead

Level[02].Formation[05]=Wedge

Level[02].Formation[06]=Wall

Level[02].Formation[07]=Fluid-Four

Level[03].Name=Element

Level[03].Size=2

Compare the original with what I have above and you'll see I kept, but rearranged the more useful formations

Next further down the Formation.ini, the positions of the individual aircraft in relation to the lead must be specified I just added these to the end of the aircraft formation section. I'm including the delta in the edit, but I never got it to work.

[uSBomberFl]

Position[01].Offset= 0, 0, 0

Position[02].Offset= -200, -100, 20

Position[03].Offset= 400, -200, 40

Position[04].Offset= 600, -300, 60

[DIAMOND]

Position[02].Offset= 15, -7, -7

Position[03].Offset= -15, -7, -7

Position[04].Offset= 0, -14, -14

[Finger-Four]

Position[02].Offset= 20, -7, 1

Position[03].Offset= -20, -7, 1

Position[04].Offset= -40, -14, 2

[DELTA]

Position[02].Offset= 10, -7, -5

Position[03].Offset= -10, -7, -5

Position[04].Offset= 0, -14, -10

Position[05].Offset= -20, -14, -10

Position[06].Offset= 20, 14, -10

Now that you've specified the formation and the aircraft positions time to edit the command menu so you can use them.

Open the CommData.ini and find the section [Menu009]

[Menu009]

Name=FltFormationSubmenu1

Text=COMM_TXT_SUB_FORMATION

Item[001].Text=COMM_TXT_SPREAD_OUT

Item[002].Text=COMM_TXT_CLOSE_UP

Item[003].Text=COMM_TXT_FINGER_FOUR <==== ADD THIS

Item[004].Text=COMM_TXT_Diamond <==== ADD THIS

Item[005].Text=COMM_TXT_Box

Item[006].Text=COMM_TXT_ARROWHEAD

Item[007].Text=COMM_TXT_WEDGE

Item[008].Text=COMM_TXT_FLUID_FOUR

Item[009].Text=COMM_TEXT_BACK

Item[009].Menu=Flight1Submenu

Item[009].CommandNum=10

Item[009].ExtraSpace=TRUE

These entries I chose to place after the spread-out and close-up commands but I don't think those two commands work anyway, so you may choose to replace them and see what happens. You might end up with two new formations without rearranging and disabling others.

Enjoy :good:

Thanks, will try this tomorrow.

Mike D

WOW! Sounds really GOOD! I need Diamond for my flight :yes:

Thanks a lot, fun, makes pretty pictures too !!!

Aju,

Derk :nyam:

First look in your flight folder for the following files, if they are not there you must extract them from the FlightData.CAT file using the SFP1E tool.

You'll need the FORMATION.INI and COMMDATA.INI files to work on.

I am looking for FORMATION.INI, and there is no FORMATION.INI in the FlightData.CAT

It is in the MissionData.CAT :haha:

drdoyo, can you make this edit for soviet formations too?

I tried it for five times, and there was no good looking diamond in my flight, hehe :crazy:

Edited by kukulino

drdoyo, can you make this edit for soviet formations too?

I tried it for five times, and there was no good looking diamond in my flight, hehe :crazy:

It should work for Soviet as well. The key to the tight formations looking correct is you must be straight and level, and have enough speed that the AI stop bouncing.

i just tested my C-130J Hercules and then i remembered the pimped formation.ini...holy crab! :haha:

Grafik4.jpg

i just tested my C-130J Hercules and then i remembered the pimped formation.ini...holy crab! :haha:

Grafik4.jpg

I had that with my tomcats too after taking screens of the Blue Angels skin for the F/A-18. The welded swing wings made me laugh. I just adjusted the spaceing in the position callouts a bit wider. :biggrin:

Edited by drdoyo

hey drdoryo thanks for formations!

ATgAAAAlMTBm1NFreraP_57Z2ci3HZwH8wEiWXVKBQqDbp69FTKeOHW5eWHf-A4xfUUZFthYfOwoTU4cgZVmwAPNRckMAJtU9VCQ16Z1DlQLyu-V4BEnJSnWZoxAKA.jpg

reffk0.jpg

2039835315_8e2983f87c_o.jpg

2040629882_b4582f1265_o.jpg

the only problem is in Refuel time, but the wingman have NO brain xD. The formation is very fun :)

Edited by Silverbolt

thanks for the tip drdoyo! :good:

Drdoyo, I just want to thank you for opening my eyes to the possibility of correcting one of my pet peeves about this sim...the incorrect and un-tactical formations!

Using your template for adding/changing formations and commands, I have created my first "mod" for WOE.

I could be the last person to figure this out but.....

Have any of you ever wished that your wingman flew on your right when you are just a two ship section? (or element for you AF types)

-Have you wished you could send your whole four plane division to attack your designated target?

-Have you wished you could order your division into a more tactical formation when engaging bandits?

-How about telling your wingman to engage air threats without designating one? Or telling him to go to high cover on you while you take out those pesky air defenses?

-Need to look good around the boat? Order your division into a nice tight right echelon for entering the break with style!

All these things are possible with my Command.ini and Formation.ini tweaks!!

My only regret is that the division is backwards in fingertip formation; number 3&4 are on the left. But it's small potatoes compared to all the other cool things I managed to work out...

--Reset the standard four ship formation so that your wingman is on the right.

--Reset the "Wall" formation to a true line abreast.

--Added the formation sub-menu to the wingman command list, so you can now tell him which formation to be in.

--Modified the "box" formation, your wingman will go line abreast, and your second section will drop back in a nice mirrored offset trail, about a mile behind the lead section. Great for trapping the bandits trying to convert on your lead section.

--Wiped out "arrowhead" and replaced it with "high cover" so #2 goes to a 5000' perch above you. In a four ship, number 3 goes combat spread and 1000' higher than you, and #4 goes 5000' above him.

--Replaced "wedge" with "Parade Echelon" so that your division will stack up off your starboard wing all nice and tight to look good around the field or the boat.

--Added "Engage Air" to the wingman command menu.

--Added "Attack my target" to the flight command menu.

I tested it in WOE and it all works pretty good!

I'll post up these tweaks soon, I guess in the object mods section.

Edited by Sixgun

Drdoyo, I just want to thank you for opening my eyes to the possibility of correcting one of my pet peeves about this sim...the incorrect and un-tactical formations!

Using your template for adding/changing formations and commands, I have created my first "mod" for WOE.

Have any of you ever wished that your wingman flew on your right when you are just a two ship section? (or element for you AF types)

-Have you wished you could send your whole four plane division to attack your designated target?

-Have you wished you could order your division into a more tactical formation when engaging bandits?

-How about telling your wingman to engage air threats without designating one? Or telling him to go to high cover on you while you take out those pesky air defenses?

-Need to look good around the boat? Order your division into a nice tight right echelon for entering the break with style!

My only regret is that the division is backwards in fingertip formation; number 3&4 are on the left. But it's small potatoes compared to all the other cool things I managed to work out...

--Added the formation sub-menu to the wingman command list, so you can now tell him which formation to be in.

--Modified the "box" formation, your wingman will go line abreast, and your second section will drop back in a nice mirrored offset trail, about a mile behind the lead section. Great for trapping the bandits trying to convert on your lead section.

--Wiped out "arrowhead" and replaced it with "high cover" so #2 goes to a 5000' perch above you. In a four ship, number 3 goes combat spread and 1000' higher than you, and #4 goes 5000' above him.

--Replaced "wedge" with "Parade Echelon" so that your division will stack up off your starboard wing all nice and tight to look good around the field or the boat.

Now this is giving me goose bumps. And yes, I am an AF type so thank you for saying element. :biggrin:

This sounds REALLY good!! Look forward to it.

FastCargo

Sounds great Sixgun!! I'll be looking forward to this too! :good:

Sorry I didn't reply sooner I've been at work the last few days.

Sorry for the delay in getting it posted, guys. It's been submitted now. I have been busy too, and wasn't able to test as much as I wanted to.