Sign in to follow this  
ravenclaw_007

SEAD Mission with MiG´s

if i try to fly a sead mission with a mig my loadout changes to air-to-air setup and in game my targets are not ground targets but aircraft´s

if i change to a "friendly" aircraft all is as it should be just if i fly a "enemy" aircaft SEAD is not working any idea or hint on this :dntknw:

Which MiG are you trying to use? Not all MiGs are suited for SEAD. You can look in the data.ini for the roles it can perform.

Which MiG are you trying to use? Not all MiGs are suited for SEAD. You can look in the data.ini for the roles it can perform.

it is with al aircraft considered "enemy" and yes i have checkt if the plane is suited for this mission

in fact if i change my F-4F from WGermany to Soviet the same thing happens

Sorry unable to help you without more information. It's working for me but I haven't played with WOE much.

I've flown quite a few Mig SEAD missions. Which Mig are you using?

i´m using SFP1

it happens with all aircraft with NationName=Soviet or a NationName considert Enemy like Lybia

Ok, still need something specific. What is your install, F-4F is not standard, so what have you added?

Are you using a mission editor, if so: which?

We are willing to help you, but you are not giving us much to work with.

If it is a mission you are making can you post the mission?

Ok, still need something specific. What is your install, F-4F is not standard, so what have you added?

Are you using a mission editor, if so: which?

We are willing to help you, but you are not giving us much to work with.

If it is a mission you are making can you post the mission?

no mission editor

i just encounter it with single mission (Create mission)

i dont fly campaing simply no time for it

with the addon it will take a lot of time to list them but in general all i can get if it comes to aircraft or terraine

it happens on all terrains

it happens with all aircraft as soon as the nation name is =Soviet

i just encountered it by testing a new addon i made and to eliminate that my addon is causing it i tried other aircraft with the above result

i removed my addon still the same

Ok, sorry but I am lost. I just tested it with standard SFP1 with only fly all migs and it does not happen. So I can fly SEAD missions with missions created in game.

I hope someone else can be of help.

In order to fly SEAD missions, there have to be enemy air defenses to suppress. If none exist, you cannot expect it to work, can you? Install a Hawk Battery, and you'll be fine.

In order to fly SEAD missions, there have to be enemy air defenses to suppress. If none exist, you cannot expect it to work, can you? Install a Hawk Battery, and you'll be fine.

thanks a lot that was it :good:

Also, check your loadouts....you may not have approiate weapons loaded.

And like Fubar said, Western air defenses are pretty sparse*. Have you added any from Pasko's SAMs and Vehicles Pak??? You'll find M-42 Dusters, Hawks, Chapparels; I'd created a 'stand-in' US 90mm AAA gun some time ago. Unfortunately, we don't have any Western fire control radars for the AAA units, so you can't network them as in real life (would be nice to have several batteries of Skysweepers, too....) NIKE's are avilable in OTC, and easily transfered to other installs (of course, you'll have to add them to the terrain's types and targets inis...

One would be easy enough to create; I've a stand-in SCR-270 using the Barlock shape (ww2-korea era EW radar); a SON-9 FireCan for Ruskies using the Spoonrest as the body.

One could be built using the one of the Hawk radars for the body shape, then data linked to various radar-eqipped guns. Trouble is, there ain't no radar-eqiped Western/NATO guns...

Nick Bell created a superb HAWK mod for the WoE Germany map, it's available here.

Wrench

kevin stein

*=actually, come to think of it, there are NO stock AD units for the Western/NATO powers in any of the games!!! Not counting that pretty useless Quad-50 set up, both the stand alone gun turret or the M55 Quad Gun Truck

i just discovered that in my GermanyCE and Desert are no samlauncher on friendly airbase or targets i´m changing it right now by replacing every 2nd aaa with samlauncher and my migs have

many targets to blast

it seems that this terrains have a very single sided setup if you fly against "enemy" means soviet targets ther are sam´s all over the place but the other way around you fase only aaa

Man I was getting confused figuring out why it worked for me, so I figured the M55 which is stock. But then why didn't it work for Ravenclaw...

Man I was getting confused figuring out why it worked for me, so I figured the M55 which is stock. But then why didn't it work for Ravenclaw...

yea, me too. I've been using WOE rather than SFP1 and have every add-on air defense pack there is. I regularly get waxed by NATO air defense when I fly the Red side.

Edited by Typhoid