Sign in to follow this  
Barkhorn1x

Turning Target Box Color from Red to Clear...

Does anybody know the setting that will change the Target Box color from red to clear (invisible)?

The red target box is lame but I still like to use the target and padlock keys to point me in the right direction.

Actually, if you put your HUD settings on 'Hard' I think that'll do it. Padlock and target keys still work even in hard mode (so to speak).

FastCargo

Does anybody know the setting that will change the Target Box color from red to clear (invisible)?

The red target box is lame but I still like to use the target and padlock keys to point me in the right direction.

I believe the target box color is located in the HudDatat.ini in the flight folder. You can change both size and color, but the color is some sort of code that I haven't figured out yet (it's like a set of 3 numbers)

Guest Saganuay82

One thing I can point out is to modify the size of the box. You can take it down to a minimum but will really have a hard time seeing it. Your target info box and cones will still work.

[Display001]
DisplayType=DIRECTOR
ObjectType=TARGET_ENEMY
ConeSize=5
BoxSize=1
BoxType=SQUARE
BoxColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,0.75
ConeModelName=redcone

Oops forgot that is in your HUDDATA.ini in your flight folder. I seem to remember having to extract it.

Edited by Saganuay82

One thing I can point out is to modify the size of the box. You can take it down to a minimum but will really have a hard time seeing it. Your target info box and cones will still work.

[Display001]
DisplayType=DIRECTOR
ObjectType=TARGET_ENEMY
ConeSize=5
BoxSize=1
BoxType=SQUARE
BoxColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,0.75
ConeModelName=redcone

Oops forgot that is in your HUDDATA.ini in your flight folder. I seem to remember having to extract it.

The other option is to simply delete this entry from the HUDATA.INI. None of the TW sims have an issue with doing this.

Change the section to this:

[Display001]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=TARGET_ENEMY

ConeSize=25

BoxSize=10

BoxType=SQUARE

BoxColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.25

ConeModelName=redcone

and it will turn the box a pale gray color which is much harder to see against the background, especially the ground. Forget who posted this originally...

Change the section to this:

[Display001]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=TARGET_ENEMY

ConeSize=25

BoxSize=10

BoxType=SQUARE

ConeModelName=redcone

and it will turn the box a pale gray color which is much harder to see against the background, especially the ground. Forget who posted this originally...

Would you happen to know how to decipher the color codes? I imagine it's some primary color formula but I'm at a loss as to what it is?

Would you happen to know how to decipher the color codes? I imagine it's some primary color formula but I'm at a loss as to what it is?

Tank the color code:

translate to:

BoxColor=R,G,B,Alpha

not direct RGB colors but I've had a tool for making the RGB to Game perameter entries for quite a while. Simple find the RGB value of the color you want, in Photoshop or similar program, enter it into the tool and you will find the corresponding game code to use. As shown the last value is the alpha setting or transparency.

You can use the color tool HERE

Tank the color code:

translate to:

BoxColor=R,G,B,Alpha

not direct RGB colors but I've had a tool for making the RGB to Game perameter entries for quite a while. Simple find the RGB value of the color you want, in Photoshop or similar program, enter it into the tool and you will find the corresponding game code to use. As shown the last value is the alpha setting or transparency.

You can use the color tool HERE

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me.