Sign in to follow this  
LAH38

I need help with the add ''Static SFP1 Stock Aircraft Pack''

I need help with the add ''Static SFP1 Stock Aircraft Pack'', I had install SFPI GOLD, I played with the default campaigns and I had install some adds including this add, but the game not me run correctly...

At the start the game in mod campaign, outme of the game, I don't know the happen, I do all step by step at say the instructions...

I do two install for separate for test some adds including this add, but in the first install with the add, the game outme completely...

And the second install happen about the same, but with a little change, I start correctly the game, but the add not apper in the game, principally at moment of play in mod campaign, the aircrafts not apper in land...

The strange is, that the aircraft they apper in fly with the legend in the panel ''(...)_static'' these apper in fly but crased in few seconds, this happen at play only in misions not in campaing...

Someone I can tell me why??? or what I do wrong???

P.S

Sorry by me english, about I don't write

For static aircraft to appear in every mission, I'd assume that they must first be added as ground objects (though I may be wrong on that) , and then added to the targets and types.ini files for the selected terrains. Also, I recall that you must modify their data. ini files to ensure that their fuel tanks are empty, and to remove any folders or declarations pertaining to cockpits, thereby rendering them non-selectable in-game.

Finally, you must physically position them on the terrain map. A tedious task, at best.

Static aircraft parts (lod, skin, ini - which it may not needed*) can be in the terrain folder, then added to the terrain targets and types ini. This is asuming they have NOT been converted to ground objects.

The long, involved, tedious, mind-numbing process of then 'laying them out' begins. Example: look at the WW2 terrains for parked aircraft on both sides.

Wrench

kevin stein

* when I placed the vehicle depots in the DS and WW2 Lybia mod map, all I needed were the entries in the targets and types ini, as I was using vehicles that were already set as 'ground objects'. Interesting to note, the parked tanks in the DS map will try and engage you with their main gun!!!

Wrench, what static aircraft would be most typical in DS? I can give you an F-16, Buff and Nighthawk (with permissions) if you like, all lower level lods of course.

did you try your prop planes under FE and its expension? maybe we do not need static planes anymore :wink:

I personally haven't, since I do not yet own the FE Expansion Pack. However, depending on what results you are trying to achieve and the way that the sim situates aircraft at an airfield may determine which method you use. If the sim randomly picks aircraft for the parking positions and you want specific aircraft at specific bases, it would be better to make the statics via terrain files in the targets and types inis.

I personally haven't, since I do not yet own the FE Expansion Pack. However, depending on what results you are trying to achieve and the way that the sim situates aircraft at an airfield may determine which method you use. If the sim randomly picks aircraft for the parking positions and you want specific aircraft at specific bases, it would be better to make the statics via terrain files in the targets and types inis.

it seems that in single mission the sims picks up planes randomly, but in campaign it seems you mainly get the plane model of the squadrons attached to the base (had to be confirmed).

Edited by Murphy'S