Sign in to follow this  
Kodiak

Anyway to let the AI run out of fuel?

I tested this with debugging on and noticed that the AI NEVER runs out of fuel!! :( Even when their fuelamount drops to 0.0 their engine(s) still keep running and they can still afterburn themself back home if they want to! :blink:

That is not realistic! We all know that WoE is not the most realistic sim there is but I would like it that the AI atleast returns back home when they reach Bingo fuel!!

Is there a way to make the AI also run out of fuel and not only the player??? Somewhere in one of the many ini-files or data-files?? Anybody knows???

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Kodiak.

Nope. It's hardcoded and therefore not moddable by any .ini tweak.

I tested this with debugging on and noticed that the AI NEVER runs out of fuel!! :(

Actually this is not true. I have seen my AI wingmen crashing with their Bf109G-10 because their fuel had run out. The propeller had stopped and they descended towards the ground. Needless to say they didn't bother to bail out....Idiots.

Actually this is not true. I have seen my AI wingmen crashing with their Bf109G-10 because their fuel had run out. The propeller had stopped and they descended towards the ground. Needless to say they didn't bother to bail out....Idiots.

Perhaps it is not true of AI prop aircraft, but Kodiak is absolutly correct in his assesment regarding jets, they will not flameout when out of fuel, and can even engage afterburner with empty tanks.

In the image below, notice that #12 (my wingman) is out of fuel, coasting down from a Mach 1+ dash, and that despite reading zero fuel, there is exhaust pluming out both engine nozzles.

gallery_279_43_50055.jpg

Very true, jets don't ever run out of gas as far as the AI goes.

That probably exists for a reason, I guess.

TK has addressed this in the past and said it is by design.

How do you get that very useful display???? Sorry if I missed the memo.....

How do you get that very useful display???? Sorry if I missed the memo.....

In the Flight folder find the HUDDATA.ini (you may have to extract it) and at the top edit the DEBUG from FALSE to TRUE. Be sure to set a HUD cycle key in the COntrol Section of the game's Option menu (I use "K" as my HUD key). This way you can cycle through the various HUD settings in game.

In the Flight folder find the HUDDATA.ini (you may have to extract it) and at the top edit the DEBUG from FALSE to TRUE. Be sure to set a HUD cycle key in the COntrol Section of the game's Option menu (I use "K" as my HUD key). This way you can cycle through the various HUD settings in game.

Sweet! Thanks.

waddayermeen? The AI on my SFP1 are allways running their tanks dry. more that once I've put my plane on autopilot and watched as that one MiG I didn't get slows down to just above stall speed, then belly lands in the desert with no exhaust smoke.

unless they just shut down their engines, which I just found was impossible, they must have run outa fuel.

Besides, the only thing with endless gas is my dad on taco night. :stinker::haha:

waddayermeen? The AI on my SFP1 are allways running their tanks dry. more that once I've put my plane on autopilot and watched as that one MiG I didn't get slows down to just above stall speed, then belly lands in the desert with no exhaust smoke.

unless they just shut down their engines, which I just found was impossible, they must have run outa fuel.

Besides, the only thing with endless gas is my dad on taco night. :stinker::haha:

In five years of modding the SF series, not once have I seen an AI jet run out of fuel.

it may have been a crash landing due to damage. Or maybe if fueltanks are hit and the plane remains flyable, the AI runs out in that case alone.

ok it happened again, but this time I noticed that it was the same plane that one of my 'winders allmost hit, and I couldn't shoot again because there was anothe MiG on my six. Also, there was no exhaust as he flew away, so I must have just damaged the bugger and he bellied out on his way home.