Sign in to follow this  
lanf

IRAN-IRAQ Campaign

Hi People

First,I must apologize for my english

I’ve just modded the old and BEAUTIFUL Iran-Iraq Campaign

The mods are

1)All the weapons are now up to date according to what has been written in the forums, the only thing I kept is the AIM-9P version for the F-4 and the f-14 because according to what is written on the Osprey series most of the AIM-9 kills were made with the P serie

2)I’ve added the newer MiG-23, the MiG-27 and the F-7 for the Iraqi side;they can’t be played in the campaign, AI only, but can be played in single missions

3)The Mig-25 now works fine and the Su-17 doesn’t crash while taxiing anymore

4)The f-4D now has an in-build laser designator positioned on the WSO position to simulate the AVQ-9

5)The Mirage F-1EQ now has the cockpit of the Mirage IIIE found at column5;I know it’s not correct (radar position,for example,above all) but I think it could be at least better than having the F-104 cockpit,the Barracuda ECM pod and the Phimat chaff dispenser have been added too.Sorry but I didn’t managed the RWR instrument to work,but you can hear the sounds

6)Now most of the planes that are supposed to have a RWR at least have the RWR sound,so that is possible to understand when you are tracked-locked

7)New sky from the sky mod downloaded here at combatace and new desert texture from a desert tileset downloaded at combatace too

8)WHAT has NOT been touched are the campaign dynamics and the terrain; I mean,the campaign is the same as the original BUT with the new weapons loadouts and the “crash into mountains” problem while “jumping” from one place to another still exist:I would like to make it clear:this is not a new campaign,just the planes\terrain\sky textures have been upgraded

A BIG,HUGE THANKS goes to the creators of the original campaign and to the creators of the Mirage-F-14-Mig 23\27 series and to the creators of the terrain textures and the sky textures…..too many to thank!

NOW,here comes the problem: how can I update the whole thing?now the campaign is just a huge complete mod to put in the Strike Fighters Project 1 directory after a clean install+patches+weaponsdata…..so what should I do now? :dntknw::dntknw:

post-6555-1194026765_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194026778_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194026791_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194026802_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194026814_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194026857_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194026870_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194026910_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194026947_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194026959_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194026980_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194027078_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194027101_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194027118_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194027134_thumb.jpg

post-6555-1194027149_thumb.jpg

Nice!

Here's what you need to do. You need to contact everyone whose work you used if you plan to upload it as a 'all in one' package and get their permission to do so.

The other option is to document EXACTLY what you did in the readme and put in links to all the items you changed.

Either option involves a LOT of work to not step on anyone's toes.

Now, you CAN upload ini files for the aircraft you've changed, just not textures and LODs (without permission from the original owner of course).

Good luck, and nice work.

FastCargo

Sounds great. This is sucha great mod and any improvements are more that welcome!

Keep them coming!

If you want any info, I have the books linked below:

Iran-Iraq War in the Air 1980-1988

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iran-Iraq-War-Air-1980-1988-Cooper/dp/0764316699/ref=sr_1_1/026-1029468-9448463?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194043099&sr=1-1

Iranian F-4 Phantom II Units in Combat

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iranian-Phantom-Combat-Osprey-Aircraft/dp/1841766585/ref=pd_sim_b_shvl_title_3/026-1029468-9448463?ie=UTF8&qid=1194043099&sr=1-1

The first book is huge, I think it will take me about six months to read it. :blink:

Edited by The_Editor

Ianf

We are redoing the terrain for the campaign. MK2 just updated it a few weeks ago but its going through a total rewrite. We are waiting for the new patch to see what changes need to be done. Yes an all in package is what we are doing for the next update. Stay tuned.

If you want any info, I have the books linked below:

Iran-Iraq War in the Air 1980-1988

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iran-Iraq-War-Air-1980-1988-Cooper/dp/0764316699/ref=sr_1_1/026-1029468-9448463?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194043099&sr=1-1

Iranian F-4 Phantom II Units in Combat

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iranian-Phantom-Combat-Osprey-Aircraft/dp/1841766585/ref=pd_sim_b_shvl_title_3/026-1029468-9448463?ie=UTF8&qid=1194043099&sr=1-1

The first book is huge, I think it will take me about six months to read it. :blink:

It only has 144 pages. You´ll read those in a few weeks.

hi to everyone

as fas as i understood i can post the new *.ini for the planes,but how's about the cockpits?i don't know who made the Mirage III and the MiG 23\21....so can i post the cockpits too?

I'don't mind about the terrain\sky mod:people with much more experience than me have said they are rebuilding the campaign.

my idea was just to "give my contribution" with what i'm able to do,like editing the loadouts,which are, as i've already said,taken from the "how to" forum and modified according to the Osprey Iranian Phantom\Tomcats units in combat and a new french magazine just come out (oct 2007) Avions hors serie n°22 "la guerre Iran-Iraq" volume 1

So,as i said, if the modding community is modifing the Iran-Iraq campaign,maybe having an already set up weapons loadout could help :good:

The planes are the F-4 D\E,the F14,the F-5,the Mig 21\23\25\27,the F-7 and the Mirage F-1EQ

Now if someone is interested at least in the planes' *.ini and in the campaign ini file could please tell me how i can upload these files?

AND can i upload these files if i put inside the original iran-iraq campaign readme and the Mirage-Mig cockpit readme?

hi to everyone

as fas as i understood i can post the new *.ini for the planes,but how's about the cockpits?i don't know who made the Mirage III and the MiG 23\21....so can i post the cockpits too?

I'don't mind about the terrain\sky mod:people with much more experience than me have said they are rebuilding the campaign.

my idea was just to "give my contribution" with what i'm able to do,like editing the loadouts,which are, as i've already said,taken from the "how to" forum and modified according to the Osprey Iranian Phantom\Tomcats units in combat and a new french magazine just come out (oct 2007) Avions hors serie n°22 "la guerre Iran-Iraq" volume 1

So,as i said, if the modding community is modifing the Iran-Iraq campaign,maybe having an already set up weapons loadout could help :good:

The planes are the F-4 D\E,the F14,the F-5,the Mig 21\23\25\27,the F-7 and the Mirage F-1EQ

Now if someone is interested at least in the planes' *.ini and in the campaign ini file could please tell me how i can upload these files?

AND can i upload these files if i put inside the original iran-iraq campaign readme and the Mirage-Mig cockpit readme?

No you can not upload those files. I was one of the one's who made the mod and we are revising it. It just got an update to it, About a month ago and we are doing more updates following the release of the next patch. Thank you for your efforts though but we have it will in hand.

No you can not upload those files. I was one of the one's who made the mod and we are revising it. It just got an update to it, About a month ago and we are doing more updates following the release of the next patch. Thank you for your efforts though but we have it will in hand.

OK,i will not post anything,but,as i have aready said, my intention was to give a "player's fix" like for example,avoiding the Su-17 always crashing during take-off or the MiG 23 landing gear\doors problem,or give the proper weapons to the planes, not a complete mod by "stealing" your job

NO PROBLEM:we keep waiting for the new campaign :yes: :yes:

OK,i will not post anything,but,as i have aready said, my intention was to give a "player's fix" like for example,avoiding the Su-17 always crashing during take-off or the MiG 23 landing gear\doors problem,or give the proper weapons to the planes, not a complete mod by "stealing" your job

NO PROBLEM:we keep waiting for the new campaign :yes: :yes:

Thank you for understanding.