Sign in to follow this  
DrDave

Booted by esc key - can't get debriefing screen

:help: I've read about this problem with Vista machines and know there is a fix from forum 2/2007 - similar problem in WOE - I can't follow the fix and need a recipe to follow to do it. I see Baffmeister had a fix. Please help! Thanks. (For First Eagles)

you must change in the terrain data

[NormalTextureMaterial]

//UseEffectShader=TRUE

UseEffectShader=FALSE

and

[WaterTextureMaterial]

//UseEffectShader=TRUE

UseEffectShader=FALSE

you must in the original game extract the terrain data locate in the terrain folder with this extractor

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/in...hp?Fichier=1004

ok - I'm a bit computer naiave so I can't follow this. I've tried but can't find the right programs. I have the extractor and have tried the cat file. it opens and there is a long list fo programs. Ive tried to extract a couple and it says they are in the wwi/verdun file but there is nothing there. Which do I try to extract? Where would the extracted file be? Am I doing this the right way? Sorry but I really need step by step guidans. Thanks for the responses and effort.

ok - I'm a bit computer naiave so I can't follow this. I've tried but can't find the right programs. I have the extractor and have tried the cat file. it opens and there is a long list fo programs. Ive tried to extract a couple and it says they are in the wwi/verdun file but there is nothing there. Which do I try to extract? Where would the extracted file be? Am I doing this the right way? Sorry but I really need step by step guidans. Thanks for the responses and effort.

You want the terrain data.ini file extracted, if it hasn't been already. I'm assuming it's Verdun_Data.ini (I don't have FE so I'm not sure of the exact terrain name)

The extracted file should show up in the terrain subfolder (i.e. First Eagles>Terrain>Verdun).

Once extracted you should be able to open the Verdun terrain folder and see the Verdun_Data.ini. The file can be edited with Notebook (or any text software). The link given earlier outlines the whole procedure.

If you have more than one installation of Third Wire games on your computer be sure that the extraction is going to the correct installation.

Edited by tank03

:clapping: Special Thanks to MrCraig41 - he sent me the file and I just dropped it in and things work well. You do lose a little of the water resolution but otherwise Vista will run it! Thanks to all for the help! :clapping:

:clapping: Special Thanks to MrCraig41 - he sent me the file and I just dropped it in and things work well. You do lose a little of the water resolution but otherwise Vista will run it! Thanks to all for the help! :clapping:

Im having the same problem and im not computer literate enough to change the extracted file. Could anyone send me the changed file and where i have to drop it in to? I havent had this much fun since knights of the sky on my amiga 1200 years ago and its killing me not being able to end the first misson! :( Please help

could some one please send me the file aswell? i have vista and my game does the same glitch/////// please PM ill forward my e-mail :search: