Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Another "Is this possible" idea

I've been thinking...again. So we have an F-15D. Kei Nagase has made the colors of NASA's NF-15B for the said F-15D. Now would it be possible through some INI edits to get the Thrust Vectoring (despite how cheesy and bad it looks) and have a makeshift F-15ACTIVE or S/MTD?

Certainly, take a look at the MiG-29OVT available for an idea on how to implement it.

But would this require any sort of editing or new FMs (what the heck is an FM anyway?)

Sure you could do it, if you wanted TVC that either worked only in pitch down, or was rigged to pitch up only when you wanted to pitch down. Kind of silly, as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Saganuay82

FM= Flight Model - tells the game how the aircraft performs.

Sure you could do it, if you wanted TVC that either worked only in pitch down, or was rigged to pitch up only when you wanted to pitch down. Kind of silly, as far as I'm concerned.

Like I said cheesy and bad looking. Now that I know it is possiblw what will I need to change?

It's not that's its cheesey or bad looking. It's absolutely pointless, until TK fixes pitch-linked TVC, as it only works backwards (pitch down), at present.

That being said, the MiG-29 OVT FM should be of guidance.

Keep in mind that the Active prototype also sports canards, something that you cannot add unless you have access to the original 3D model source files.

Yeah I know but I'm bored and I've wanted to toy with this idea for some time now.

You could always add canards as a weapon, like the pods on the A-4L. They wouldn't move, but would look okay.

You could always add canards as a weapon, like the pods on the A-4L. They wouldn't move, but would look okay.

How am I supposed to do that? :blink:

Someone would have to build the canards in a modeler program and make them into lods. Then they would be configured as a zero-strength jamming pod in the weapons editor and a hard point for them would be added in the F-15's data.ini. Then all you would need to do would be to load up the canards at the weapon screen.

Someone would have to build the canards in a modeler program and make them into lods. Then they would be configured as a zero-strength jamming pod in the weapons editor and a hard point for them would be added in the F-15's data.ini. Then all you would need to do would be to load up the canards at the weapon screen.

Hmmm. Time to find a weapons modeler.

While that might sound reasonable, keep in mind that canrads are both lift and control surfaces, and as the latter, they should be animated, something that'd probably be impossible as a loadout. A better solution would be to (respectfully) ask the Mirage Factory to add the desired features to their D-model, as they have the original source files.

While that might sound reasonable, keep in mind that canrads are both lift and control surfaces, and as the latter, they should be animated, something that'd probably be impossible as a loadout. A better solution would be to (respectfully) ask the Mirage Factory to add the desired features to their D-model, as they have the original source files.

Ed, MF does not have the D source files. Wpnssgt does.

USAFMTL did you get my PM?

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

I think that any sort of animation when the weapon is still loaded onto the aircraft is impossible. The only animation I think that is coded is when the weapon is deployed. For example see the snakeye, penguin or some of FastCargo's weapons.

Even without the animation, you could add an invisible canard to the data INI file so you basically have a mockup that works but doesn't move. If you can't get the source file, that could be a short-term solution.

How would you implant that? What dimmensions? I know that the ACTIVE used the F/A-18 stabilator.

I was wondering bout this too. An F-15S/MTD would be awesome in game. BTW who is TK? I hear of them alot but have no idea who it(or they) are.

I was wondering bout this too. An F-15S/MTD would be awesome in game. BTW who is TK? I hear of them alot but have no idea who it(or they) are.

I'm just about finished with it. Once I get authorization by the right people and give it a readme I'll upload it. Also I think TK is the man who makes SFP1/WOV/WOE/WOI

Edited by JA 37 Viggen