Sign in to follow this  

Check this out, its another of my projects. Started on it today. Dont have a name for it though.

Dreadnought1.jpg

Heard of Yamoto? Thisis bigger.

Edited by i90807065

I have one word to meet that in size. WOW! That will be really really really (did I mention really) cool. Looks like an Oliver Hazzard Perry Frigate and Invincable Carrier mated.

But now for a name....then again you have to decide who it is for.

Damn thats a big battleship. I got an name for it, how about Leviathan!

Hey I got some bad news regarding the ARKBIRD...it got deleted.

BUT now im workin on this and the Su-35(which ive found will be longer than I thought til its release...)

Damn thats a big battleship. I got an name for it, how about Leviathan!

Sounds good. But I dunno DREADNOUGHT sounds cool too.

A shame about the Arkbird. But good to hear about the Su-35.

I was thinking Aigion or Hregslevor.

Hmm, may I humbly suggest that you delete "C" turret of the main battery or move it to right aft of "B" turret at the same level. In its present possition it might introduce some slight stability problems to your fine ship. 1700 tons of turret plus an extremely tall armored barbette might prove to be troublesome in that particular locale.

Hmm, okay... I am going clam up and go back to reading Friedman's books where I belong.

Hmm, may I humbly suggest that you delete "C" turret of the main battery or move it to right aft of "B" turret at the same level. In its present possition it might introduce some slight stability problems to your fine ship. 1700 tons of turret plus an extremely tall armored barbette might prove to be troublesome in that particular locale.

Hmm, okay... I am going clam up and go back to reading Friedman's books where I belong.

Rivet Counters. :rolleyes:

I have one word to meet that in size. WOW!

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! lmao! :rofl: Sorry, mate, had to do that.

thw white bird?

blasphemy!

\o\ where is the laser cannon?

ok is good :D

Rivet Counters. :rolleyes:

Yeah... probably. With aircraft I would happily accept an F-22 tri-plane with four GAU-8s mounted in each wing, but with my ships I am a little picky. :crazy:

i90807065,

I didn't mean to pick on you, and I hope that my posts were not / are not taken as such. I intended my words to be light-hearted, but looking back over them I can see how they might be taken in other ways. It's great to take a free hand to design and dream about what could be, to wonder about how steel could be shaped in fantastic ways. Good luck with the design.

Thog10

i90807065,

I didn't mean to pick on you, and I hope that my posts were not / are not taken as such. I intended my words to be light-hearted, but looking back over them I can see how they might be taken in other ways. It's great to take a free hand to design and dream about what could be, to wonder about how steel could be shaped in fantastic ways. Good luck with the design.

Thog10

Thx but its np I didnt take em the wrong way.

Jeez man that thing has Torps too? What else does it have Nuclear missles or a toaster launching AA gun? Well I guess that my days of killing ships in the Norwiegen Coast Guard P-3 are over when this comes around!

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

The holes in boxes on the side are SAMs,has 10 gatling guns, and the little rectangles on the rear of the ship fire ICBMs (or something of that size possibly nukes). :biggrin:

Edited by i90807065

But could it defeat an 80 year old Tillman? :biggrin:

ussgeorgiawip1sk6.th.jpg

(Image still in progress, based on a drawing in my copy of Friedman's Battleship book.)

BATTLE OF THE GIANTS!!!!! :biggrin: By the look of em, they are pretty even in firepower and possibly in ammo capacity and armor.

That was a US maximum battleship from 1923 that I'm drawing based on the Springstyle in the Friedman book. Specs are (circa 1923):

Displacement: 80,000 tons

LWL: 975 feet

Beam: 108 feet

Speed (knots): 25.2

Main Battery: 15 18"/50 cal (5 x 3)

Main Belt: 16" thick

I believe my displacement is 125'000 or so.

its 1002 ft long

190 ft wide

50 kts max

main armament is the same except the 10 miniguns all 50 cal

if belt is armor, 1 ft thick

You gotta remember though mine doesnt(and never will) exist :biggrin:

Ergo, You win :clapping:

It's still a big ship! I just wish I could draw the mega dreadnauhgt that my faction the T.M. uses! I think in terms of overall size it would be bigger!ere are the specs

Displacement: 200,000 Tons

Length: 2312FT

Width: 234FT

Max Speed: 36kts

Main Armament: 8 24", 4 12", 13 Gau-8, 7 SAM batteries, 8 Cruise Missle Batteries

Armor: 2 FT thick

Even though it is heavily armored, and armed, the Behemoth class Mega DreadNaught is encumbered to a top speed of 36 kts. It's major engagements include the Shelling of Pyong-Yang North Korea during 3 days batte of Korea.

One of my friends who read that story said it was scary that Teenagers have control of such a beast of the seas. If yall want I will release that story as soon as i edit it.

Yeah, thats about 2x as big as this. Sounds cool. Oh btw an update. Ima start on the model today.

Dreadnought1-1.jpg

Edited by i90807065

Yeah, thats about 2x as big as this. Sounds cool. Oh btw an update. Ima start on the model today.

Added some more toys I see. What modeling program do you use?

Post edited by Moderator to remove re-posted pics

Gmax. Its very close to 3Ds max. In fact, I used mustangs tutorila and I followed the instructions on screen at about the same speed.