Sign in to follow this  
Dave

DS Terrain / Mod Update

Here are shots of Deuces latest DS terrain. The mod is progressing but we are going to wait to see what the new patch brings. This will make it easier than trying to get you all updated files if there is dramatic changes. Ease of installation is our goal. Enjoy the pics of Deuces work.

In my best Montgomery burns voice

"Excellent"

I especially like the shoreline -looks like increased number of tiles.

:ok:

Hasn't it been two weeks since that "guess what happens in two weeks" thread? :buba:

We know the terrain will be awesome becasue its Deuces. What about object placement? That's what seems to be the limiting factor in add-on terrain quality.

We know the terrain will be awesome becasue its Deuces. What about object placement? That's what seems to be the limiting factor in add-on terrain quality.

This will be by far the most target rich terrain ever made. Wrench has lost his mind in target placement.

Eraser

No that 2 weeks thing s was a joke. Based on the stadnard 2 week joke we always have. Do I need to tell Colbert to move you back up on the list again? :biggrin:

I wanna add that the base set for these tiles are Polaks desert tiles and due credit should go to him as well. They were a fantastic canvas to make some adjustments to. :good:

Edited by Deuces

i think that the community definitely need tk to release a object placement tool, to make things easier in this area.

All I can say is that everyone involved has outdid themselves.Many thanks guys.

yep, many thanks to them, they really keep this game alive.

think that the community definitely need tk to release a object placement tool, to make things easier in this area.

You ain't lying there, brother!!!!

I was (and may still be) cross-eyed from laying out stuff, going in game, checking placements, backout, adjusting, back in, checking.....

There HAS got to be an easier way!!!

Fortunately, some of the larger target areas (oil fields) are in one big block, so you just need the center coords to drop it into. That and Google Earth for the general locations . I even put stuff on Falika Island (east of Kuwait City) just for grins.

My orders from Dave were "fill it with all kinds of nasty things" or words to that effect.

btw, a lot of the new target areas are to be found on the revamped Irian/Irag map too. Why waste all that work???

Wrench

kevin stein

I'd like to see some before & after pics since I've never tried the old one.

I'd like to see some before & after pics since I've never tried the old one.

It used the default tiles so it wasn't anything special.

More screens are requried.

Ok, here's some shots from all over...

Mind you, they're still using the 'old' tiles (ie: Polaks Desert), as I haven't received the new ones yet.

ds_iraqi-troops-posing.jpg

ds_scud-site.jpg

ds_kuwaitcity.jpg

ds_munitions-depot1.jpg

ds_borderchkpoint.jpg

ds_bronco-fac.jpg

ds_dhoa_flag.jpg

ds_new_hejef-new2.jpg

ds_gci_site.jpg

Some could still be considered 'test shots' during object placement ... as shown by the 'debug' data in the screenies. I've tried to use as many 'stock' objects as possible, plus the usual suspects (truck park, industrial center)

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest Saganuay82

Good flag flying in that shot.

Wrench. hats off to you. This is just amazing. Just waht are the 4th and 5th pictures of?

4 is a munitons depot, with parked SA2/trailers in the revitments (some suspension of disbelief is required). There are several depots scattered around the map, most have something different 'parked' in the reviements.

5 is the Kuwait/Iraq border checkpoint. It's been imporved since these shot, and there a butt-load of stuff you can't see off to the left -- lots of AAA, and then an oil field (this is north of Ku City)

The Kuwait City towers are the best I could do -- they're stock WoE objects (berlin tv towers, I think??)

Sag: that one was done just for YOU, my friend!!! Doha being the main CF base, if I recall.

Couple more:

You'll also have 2 SCUDs..road mobile and the stock 'fixed'...for a little more fun...

ds_mobile_scud.jpg

ds_scud-hunting.jpg

Wrench

kevin stein

Just the Scuds?

and the ASTROS II? the Rocket Saturation system :biggrin: :biggrin:

AstrosII_SS-60.jpg

astros.jpg

AstrosII_Sistema_Litoral.jpg

i guess the US Army catch one ASTROS II batery