Sign in to follow this  
Moorkey

Help request - Aircraft import / creation.

Hi all.

Just a note of request. I have got my aircraft built in 3ds max, with animations etc... and exported the LOD file, and the SHD shadow file, to a temporary folder.

My question is: Where do I go from here? How do I get my aircraft into SFG? Also wouldn't mind some help on weaponising said aircraft.

Any help will be received gratefully.

Hi all.

Just a note of request. I have got my aircraft built in 3ds max, with animations etc... and exported the LOD file, and the SHD shadow file, to a temporary folder.

My question is: Where do I go from here? How do I get my aircraft into SFG? Also wouldn't mind some help on weaponising said aircraft.

Any help will be received gratefully.

First of all Congratulations on getting this far :clapping: It’s great to see more people who want to give something back to this community. Next step is you have to create a folder for it and create the INI Files. Go to your Objects/aircraft folder to see how it’s done. Most of all no matter what anyone says keep up your good work :good:

Yep. The hard part is building a data.ini for it. That file does a lot of things...including the flight model, damage model, weapon stations, etc.

FastCargo

Guest capun

I would start with the ini files from a plane that is close in performance to yours.

Use one of the third party models as a reference of the needed files since the stock planes have most of their files in the cat file

Here's a link to my site tutorial on the plane folder set-up that you can use as a reference

Plane Folder Structure

Going back to the data ini file, it's important to

- Have the correct AnimationID's

- Have the correct mesh names, if not sure just remove them as a start but not for the Tires, see next

- Have the correct name for the tire meshes, they are used to calculate how the plane sits on the ground. If not sure, start on the air

Veltro:

Most all of us REALLY appreciate you modders great and very demanding work. THANKS for your hard work!!

Moorkey :

Thanks for becoming part of the team. I look forward to your mods.

I tried modeling and didn't have the patience for it. Anyone who does it is tops in my book.

:good::good::clapping:

My Two Cents Worth.

ezlead

Thanks for the help everybody. I am very much in your debt.

I hope I live up to everyone's expectations... :biggrin: