Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Alpha Sim A-6

It's been too long since I posted anything on FS9, so here goes.

Alpha Sim has released the Intruder this past week. The only posts I've seen center on the price, about $70 US for both packs. What I want to know is, am I the only one that is satisfied paying that amount and enjoying my purchase ?

The bird has the more common loadouts, the gauges is improved alot, and the sounds are better than the default to the Lear. I found that if I fly within it's limits there are no surprises and I've trapped easier than with the A-6 or Viggie. I'll post some pics later on of this bird. If you ask why I paid out as much as I did it's simple, there are only two other choices, Sasala's and Itto's. Sasala's bird is still good but it's starting to show it's age. While Itto's is more of a step backward's in flight dynamics and no VC.

If you have this new Intruder us know what you think. This board has been quiet for too long.

Okay, this is what it looks like

Doing a Low Level at Hunter Ligget, CA.

Recovered at KNLC

I got it for FSX and love it! The engine glow is 10/10! The cockpit isnt the most interactive thing but the model and textures are great! The Expansion is a must!

Guest Saganuay82

Maybe you should buy the RAZBAM A-6 when it comes out.

Seems a mighty shame to have a bird like that and then not be able to bomb things with it!

Recovered at KNLC

Hmmm... almost as good as the Thirdwire one then and the other mods of it on this site. :biggrin::biggrin:

Maybe you should buy the RAZBAM A-6 when it comes out.

Most definitely, I've been waiting for RAZBAM's release for some time now.

I may post some pics from a low-level on the Fallon Range.

Ok

Recovered at KNLC

Looks nice, though I've preferred Norway though

Recovered at KNLC

I have been to hunter liggett before

Seems a mighty shame to have a bird like that and then not be able to bomb things with it!

So true... :cray:

whoa...$70 seems a bit steep to me...especially since I usually wait until the FS gets lower price-wise

but as long as you are happy, then it really doesnt matter what you paid for it

whoa...$70 seems a bit steep to me...especially since I usually wait until the FS gets lower price-wise

but as long as you are happy, then it really doesnt matter what you paid for it

Well considering the lack of a quality A-6, Mr Sasala's is starting to show it's age, it was a reasonable price to pay. Alpha Sim has been getting better with each release they issue, more custom gauges unique to the aircraft instead of default items for one. RAZBAM is set to release it's own A-6 soon and I'll be getting that one as well.

• Like 1

I have used Alpha Sim for years and when they dropped a T-34C, I was one of the first in line...really looked great (heck, you could almost smell the popcorn-vomit) but one thing I did not like was the FM's treatment of landing

Needless to say I did more than one T&G in that beast and in the game, even doing 1/6 of the allowable sink rate on touch down yielded a bounce in the game. This is not realistic at all. Especially for a plane that you buy to do endless T&G work in really.

Obviously a FM guru could fix it in a second, but my MSFS-tweaking days seem as long ago as before I could shave. Do you have any MSFS-tweaking skils? PM to me, please

cheers

I have used Alpha Sim for years and when they dropped a T-34C, I was one of the first in line...really looked great (heck, you could almost smell the popcorn-vomit) but one thing I did not like was the FM's treatment of landing

Needless to say I did more than one T&G in that beast and in the game, even doing 1/6 of the allowable sink rate on touch down yielded a bounce in the game. This is not realistic at all. Especially for a plane that you buy to do endless T&G work in really.

Obviously a FM guru could fix it in a second, but my MSFS-tweaking days seem as long ago as before I could shave. Do you have any MSFS-tweaking skils? PM to me, please

cheers

Spark, you should post on their board. They are receptive to criticism from informed sources.

really? maybe I should send an email instead...honestly had not thought about contacting them...will give it a try.

hey does Perrot still work for them?

really? maybe I should send an email instead...honestly had not thought about contacting them...will give it a try.

hey does Perrot still work for them?

I think he IS them, practically. Phil runs the show, AFAIK the other designers are freelancers apart from Dano who is the only other full time employee.